Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

which is why I said to take advantage of memberships and it reduces cost over time significantly.

£126 for a 'one off' day out of live entertainment, which is covered by mainstream media nationally and is something people care about is good value. Try taking your wife and two kids to some different and high level entertainment and it will cost you more or the same. I dont mean high level as in a karaoke session down your local either.

I admire your continued whinging at the club for trying to make ends meet. Even when you already had a season ticket at phase 1 so it really doesnt concern you. It does however concern the POTG fans like me.

Also its £120 as well not £126 if you sit on the KOP. 

It does concern me because next season I might not be able to afford a season ticket plus I don't just think of myself in this. Wanting more Wednesday fans who've backed the club through some poo years to be able to attend games isn't whinging.

True my real target I suppose is the overall nature of modern football but I never imagined given its catchment area that my club would be at the forefront of fleecing fans. We moaned a huge amount when Leeds charged us a mint last year. Now we're doing the same and it's suddenly OK is it?

Plus I see it as a huge missed opportunity to create a feelgood buzz around Hillsborough for the first game of the season and draw fans in. It's a big miscalculation that should not have happened.    

Do I need to quote 'one off' again????

This means, that it will be one time a season. Just like a trip for the family down to London, theatre, darts, dinner in a nice restaurant etc. All of which will be more expensive but are a 'one off'.

I dont know why a family will choose one of our more expensive games for a 'one off' though- they can go to a CAT G game for £60 all in as a 'one'off.

The reduced family rates are competitive and for the fans who will look to attend more. Well done to Chansiri for reducing families tickets to those who will see value in memberships.

At least with the theatre or dinner more often than not you can read a review and get an expectation of what you will get for your money. Maybe Brian Sewell the art critic could write a review of Wednesday before that family of four can make that important decision to shell out a small fortune to attend a game.

Golf used to be an expensive past time but is considerably cheaper than attending football matches. You will probably find many an ex regular on the golf courses around Sheffield on a Saturday afternoon.

no one can say it isnt a lot, BUT its the nature of the beast now and we really need to stop moaning about it as nothings gonna change in the short term.

Still think they could make kids MUCH cheaper though without much fuss

Guest Deleted member

The idea that someone is championing the clubs family prices when only a few days ago he was saying people shouldn't take kids to football is pretty ironic

no one can say it isnt a lot, BUT its the nature of the beast now and we really need to stop moaning about it as nothings gonna change in the short term.

Still think they could make kids MUCH cheaper though without much fuss

The thing is people will stop moaning because they'll be even less likely to go to matches now than before. Like a lot of people they'll find something else to do.

Regardless of whether some fans think the prices are justified many don't - the club has alienated a lot of people with how they've gone about things. It could and should have been handled so much better. 

Guest Deleted member

BTW, 2 adults and one child with popcorn and 2 drinks for Minions in 3D came to £37 on Sunday at the Odeon

Nandos doesn't and that's the level Wednesday are at.

This is exactly the stupid comment i have come to expect from you. You knew I meant a decent meal out something families do maybe once or twice a year.

Yeah you maybe looking out for other fellow wednesday fans. 

At the end of this Chansiri has reduced prices for families if they attend an average amount of home games around 8 a year. They are decent prices and now are very comparable with other teams in championship. 

£120 for first game of the season is a 'one off' and families that do not attend regular will miss this one in favour of a cheaper match.

BTW, 2 adults and one child with popcorn and 2 drinks for Minions in 3D came to £37 on Sunday at the Odeon

'live' entertainment Nigel. 

Also I am quoting U17. Not Under 2. So please get facts right before you criticise

The idea that someone is championing the clubs family prices when only a few days ago he was saying people shouldn't take kids to football is pretty ironic

me?

I started this by saying kids prices should be cheaper from the first page? 

Do i want to be sat with a 3 year old though, not really as they will be climbing all over the chairs or playing on their iPads

Let kids stay in the family area so people have a choice but no way should kids/families be priced out of supporting and watching SWFC

This is exactly the stupid comment i have come to expect from you. You knew I meant a decent meal out something families do maybe once or twice a year.

Yeah you maybe looking out for other fellow wednesday fans. 

At the end of this Chansiri has reduced prices for families if they attend an average amount of home games around 8 a year. They are decent prices and now are very comparable with other teams in championship. 

£120 for first game of the season is a 'one off' and families that do not attend regular will miss this one in favour of a cheaper match.

There you go again with your insults.  There's a nice £10.99 menu at Carluccio's - any better? 

There you go again with your insults.  There's a nice £10.99 menu at Carluccio's - any better? 

Again a stupid comment. Most people will understand I mean a nice meal out in a unique and decent restaurant. Something families will do once or twice a year for a birthday or something alike. 

Forget the meal then, what about darts, theatre and the rest? Instead of nit picking when I say meal out you completely chose to ignore other 'one off' situations which families do.

You care enough to pick on spelling, how ive worded something but you completely ignore half a post.

And if you think Wednesday against Bristol City is worth the football equivalent of a Michelin Star then your taste buds must be as clapped out as your seal flipper like hands. 

no i dont but £120 does not go far in decent restaurants with four people these days. Especially if you want a beer or to share a bottle of wine.

Guest Deleted member

Again a stupid comment. Most people will understand I mean a nice meal out in a unique and decent restaurant. Something families will do once or twice a year for a birthday or something alike.

Forget the meal then, what about darts, theatre and the rest? Instead of nit picking when I say meal out you completely chose to ignore other 'one off' situations which families do.

You care enough to pick on spelling, how ive worded something but you completely ignore half a post.

2 adults 1 child to see calamity Jane in hull last weekend was £65

Again- Hull theatre is not West End- it is more amateur theatre Nigel- in comparison its like watching a conference side- so some might say you got ripped off.

Name an activity in Sheffield that his more expensive for a family of 4 than £126