Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Football is very expensive, it's getting more expensive which is why the prices are put of hand across the game in general but I dont think this justifies putting tickets right at the top end of all Championship clubs.

Not at the top end - waaaaaaaaay ebove the top end.

Didn't someone just point out Ipswich are £60 a ticket and £830 odd for a season ticket?

These are very central in the stands and I don't know whether they are a bit like the Leeds Bremner Suite where you get a few extra perks like a dedicated bar etc.

Guest Deleted member

Or revenue which you'd openly destroy on the opening day by letting everyone in for £10.

Still interested to know how you reckon letting 10,000 plus people in for £10 would destroy revenue?

Guest mkowl

Still interested to know how you reckon letting 10,000 plus people in for £10 would destroy revenue?

In the short term or long term ?

If you continually discount then the perceived value of the product diminishes.

That in turn will affect revenue.

I think a lot forget the very simple equation Revenue = Price × Quantity

My view

Method 1) repeats the same mistake. Sets the precedent within the fan base that they can wait for the next discount

Method 2) huge risk, goes too far the other way. I agree it sets the precedent this is going to be expensive so you just walk away possibly for good

The irony is that if there was an effective supporters group then perhaps it could have been their focus group. We have no idea who is advising but presumably they don't know the Sheffield football market that well

Way too complicated- leave the prices the same, invest in the team, improve the product on offer, get more customers.

You don't need any fancy marketing- the only marketing you need is the league table that appears all over the TV, Internet and written press several times a week.

Guest Deleted member

Way too complicated- leave the prices the same, invest in the team, improve the product on offer, get more customers.

You don't need any fancy marketing- the only marketing you need is the league table that appears all over the TV, Internet and written press several times a week.

Have you ever run a business? lol