The ''Proper'' Fans will still go or already have a ST

All of this has been said over and over in the other multiple threads. People just seem to want to highlight their own point and shout louder than others so start another thread to get their point across.

Getting tedious now.

Can't help but think that some of the "pay on the gate" are happy for the s/t holders to carry the burden of the clubs debt while they pick and choose their prices/games

The club was losing money and change had to happen at some point

I'd become fed up of £10 offers being the only way some will entertain the thought of supporting the club, yes it put bums on seats and fluffed up the attendance, but how many of these fans actually came to the next game

I know some fans are financially stretched, I get it, however the offers have bred a culture of fan that won't pay any more than £10

If we're crap and disappoint then at that point I will expect real outrage from everybody, until then perhaps we should wait before we judge

All of this has been said over and over in the other multiple threads. People just seem to want to highlight their own point and shout louder than others so start another thread to get their point across.

Getting tedious now.

Maybe you don't understand how an Internet forum works

It's for everyone to have their say and discuss all things (in this case) wednesday

If you don't like the format, or how tedious it is

Don't click on th me topic

Simple really!

To all those who are saying the ticket price thread are tedious then don't click on them!

Think people are angry about the prices and that anger has not gone away yet is why people are debating them.

I will be embarrassed when family or friends who come to a couple of games a season ask me to get them a ticket and I will tell them how much they are.

And this is the problem that the OP referred to. The arrogance of some (not all) season ticket holders. If they had their way us 'part timers' would be banned from the ground. You'd rather sit smug with a 12,000 attendance than have us 'part timers' in the ground

So as the OP says, we aren't all wednesday are we

Just the season ticket holders are

The s/t's holders deserve better than being castigated like that

They didn't put your prices up

Can't help but think that some of the "pay on the gate" are happy for the s/t holders to carry the burden of the clubs debt while they pick and choose their prices/games

I'd become fed up of £10 offers being the only way some will entertain the thought of supporting the club, yes it put bums on seats and fluffed up the attendance, but how many of these fans actually came to the next game

I know some fans are financially stretched, I get it, however the offers have bred a culture of fan that won't pay any more than £10

If we're crap and disappoint then at that point I will expect real outrage from everybody, until then perhaps we should wait before we judge

Yet another arrogant season ticket holder

You're no bigger fan than anyone else

It's you that needs to get over yourself

£10 tickets are to try entice that undecided family... The one with a 4 year old with no real football affiliation ... The Owls do an offer and the whole family go and get hooked... If just 10% of the fans who took the £10 deal become future season ticket holders when without it they may have ended up at the lane then it was worth it

It's called marketing

Do other part time fans take advantage - yes, of course

But just because you have a season ticket you don't get to judge

You are no better than they are and its utter BS that you have this massive self worth about yourself that you 'propped up the club'.

Get over yourself

The s/t's holders deserve better than being castigated like that

They didn't put your prices up

No you didn't

And most of the season ticket holders have shown empathy for their fellow owl

It's the fans like you that we don't need - the ones that look down on the rest of us - the ones who are happy the prices have gone up

Least you'll have plenty of space in the ground on opening day

Maybe you don't understand how an Internet forum works

It's for everyone to have their say and discuss all things (in this case) wednesday

If you don't like the format, or how tedious it is

Don't click on th me topic

Simple really!

yeah, you're right. Im pretty new around here to be fair.

Im still learning how forums work, infact the whole interweb thingy is new to me.

I still cant break the habit of rewinding Youtube videos ready for the next person to use.

Agree with your post. But the £10 offer did not increase the attendance all that much. That is why the prices are irrelevant people will attend when they see value.

We were boring at home last year so people didnt even want to spend £10. Classic excuses from some fans. Moans about prices being £30+ but wont go either when its £10.

No you didn't

And most of the season ticket holders have shown empathy for their fellow owl

It's the fans like you that we don't need - the ones that look down on the rest of us - the ones who are happy the prices have gone up

Least you'll have plenty of space in the ground on opening day

So you're happy for the club to carry on losing money and getting in debt up to their eyeballs

Plus never once have I said I'm happy for the prices to go up, s/t's have gone up as well but you won't have noticed that

I'm a "pay on the gate" fan who doesnt have a season ticket purely because of work and living in the south. I understand that season ticket holders have taken a financial hit this season already and sympathise with you when the club has £10 matches etc. That must really frustrate season ticket holders. But i'm afraid the thought of paying £42 to watch Wednesday V Bristol City, which would have cost £27 last season really is a joke to be perfectly honest, especially if the quality is as poor as last season. Wednesday have taken a massive gamble in my opinion.

Happy for the s/t holders to carry the burden of debt :laugh: people and their conspiracy theories, like the fans have some ulterior motive vendetta against st holders. They just want to watch their team play football.

I thought the opening post was a good point, well made.

I too worked in the Steel industry for 45 years, on 12hr shifts, 7 days a week and had a season ticket for all those years, have got one for this season too, even tho I missed a lot of home games.

I do not consider myself to be a better fan than any one else, but feel strongly about this maybe Mr Chansiri will realise his mistake in the future and rectify it.

I have voiced my concerns over the advise Mr Chansiri is receiving.

I'm a "pay on the gate" fan who doesnt have a season ticket purely because of work and living in the south. I understand that season ticket holders have taken a financial hit this season already and sympathise with you when the club has £10 matches etc. That must really frustrate season ticket holders. But i'm afraid the thought of paying £42 to watch Wednesday V Bristol City, which would have cost £27 last season really is a joke to be perfectly honest, especially if the quality is as poor as last season. Wednesday have taken a massive gamble in my opinion.

1) its £39 not £42- miniscule I know but every pound seems to count on here

2) It is obvious to everyone, apart from you it seems, that we are putting together a top quality team

3) Depending on how many games you go to it might be worth investing in membership

4) £12 extra for this ticket- GET SAVING- you only need to save an extra £4 a week from now to go. 

5) Did you honestly not expect a rise in prices

6) There will be other games this year you can attend for cheaper than last year

7) You are paying for the additional quality.

I am aware it can be tight for some people but if we were in the playoffs in the last few games at home Im pretty sure people would be paying £39 to watch our best team in 15 years.

1) its £39 not £42- miniscule I know but every pound seems to count on here

2) It is obvious to everyone, apart from you it seems, that we are putting together a top quality team

3) Depending on how many games you go to it might be worth investing in membership

4) £12 extra for this ticket- GET SAVING- you only need to save an extra £4 a week from now to go.

5) Did you honestly not expect a rise in prices

6) There will be other games this year you can attend for cheaper than last year

7) You are paying for the additional quality.

I am aware it can be tight for some people but if we were in the playoffs in the last few games at home Im pretty sure people would be paying £39 to watch our best team in 15 years.

Love the "get SAVING" line. How patronising

I suspect many people can actually afford to pay and would gladly pay a higher price than last season, but find the principe of this particularly steep hike unpalleteable and unfair in principle.

I will still be going on the first day but the fact the price actually made me think twice says it all. I was going to go to the boro game too but won't now.

It's not just the ticket price but the cost of travelling hundreds of miles means it all stacks up.

I appreciate what the chairman is doing but he needs to keep the fans coming. If he can't make it work without higher prices then perhaps we should temper our spending and set our sights and timescales for promotion accordingly.

I suppose time will tell over the course of the season what categories the average games will fall into

Edited by Bluesteel

I don't know where this idea comes from that Season Ticket sales prop the club up. They probably count for very little in the scheme of things. I went and brought a membership yesterday. I'll get to about 10 - 14 home games, more if there's quality on show. But 34 quid (my Bristol ticket) isn't unreasonable IMO if there's a good team on show.