The ''Proper'' Fans will still go or already have a ST

Guest Fedor

Well done, but the fact we have not had a big colour screen in the last 40 years was not the point, I simply said I believe the replays etc will improve the matchday experience and it will FACT!

I beg to differ.

Look at all the grounds with them in , poor atmosphere.

The way I see it is if we're winning people will go, if we're not then they won't wether he charges £50 or £10.

Wednesday fans have always been the same since I've been watching them since the late 60's. Over 40000 can turn up for the play off final, sold out against Wycombe and yet even under the better times under Howard wilkinson and Trevor Francis we were only getting around 27000

Whilst I agree football is a rip off unfortunately that's the way it is now days and i would imagine even if we had 40000 every week Mr C would still be making a loss.

Well Im afraid you're wrong Bruce.

You cant compare a one-off ticket price for a final with the regular price for each league game.

And its not simply a case that 'people will pay it if we're doing well', you're missing the point. Next week we could unveil Messi and Ronaldo as new signings but it doesnt mean that work will get excited and pay me an extra £100 a month. Some people just simply don't have the money to go, its not a case of been stingy.

Edited by poite

Millions of people have not had a pay rise for 5 years now, i actually feel quite lucky to have got an early bird season ticket where as in the past i got one just to save messing about on a Saturday, i could go skint or not. I can absolutely understand that going to a game is no longer a matter of choice. If me and the missus hadn't taken advantage of the 10 months credit we would have only been able to go to a single match a month.

Presuming the other 2 league games are going to be Cat E (£30), paying on the gate in august not including the cup or the friendly would cost us £198 on the Kop, we just couldn't do it.

Hang on. I agree with the prices but have never called others 'not proper fans'. I believe you will find the money if you want to go just like people did against Wycombe and when they DIDNT find the money at £10 a game last year. 

It is all about entertainment. You say that you will spend £30 maximum and lets say you go to 4 games a year spending £120. Well thats in your budget you can now watch 3 CAT B games and be entertained or 4 (same as your £30 budget allows) CAT C/ D/ E games. Nothing has really changed. We are just making more money out of better opposition. The lower teams will still be similar or just as cheap to watch. 

Please look outside of your bubble and consider the lesser categories where you will see you can afford a few matches at '£30 maximum'

You are missing the point 

I and many others have a problem being ripped off and if you think these prices are anything other than that then quite frankly you have either more money than sense, or you are pretty minted (fair play and good luck to you if you are)

The prices are not justifiable, ok they have spun in it so that they can make it so that the majority of games are not so bad, they will do this if we are doing badly, and they can do the opposite which they will try if we start really well, neither will work (certainly the lowering of prices if doing badly won't work) not sure about if we are doing well.

For me this has just spoiled the feel good factor generated in last few weeks (ok not for people who have snapped up their ''bargain'' season tickets  maybe but for the rest of us, it has, mostly anyway) its divided the fanbase 

what they should be doing is whatever it takes to get as many people in each week as possible, through reasonable prices and decent football, this will build momentum and its one hell of a different place to visit hillsborough when rammed and buzzing than it is half full and little atmosphere 

They should be getting the place rammed, cutting prices or at least freezing them, and anyone who is more bothered about the season tickets not working out as a good a deal over a packed hillsborough and an intimidating place to visit again...well like I say WAWAW ? really ? 

I have been living abroad for 4 years and il be visiting Sheffield/home in august and October this year. Ive been planning my trip (holiday in Spain Italy and Oktoberfest in Germany and then a flight to Australia) around getting to see a couple of games, reading and hull.

The prices are just too much for me know tho, as I'm bringing over Canadian dollars it could work out close to $100 for a match, a friend pointed out we could watch man city for cheaper, gutted the club has priced me out.

Stay home and go to the Oktoberfest in Kitchener. It's miles better than owt you'll get in Germany

I and many others have a problem being ripped off and if you think these prices are anything other than that then quite frankly you have either more money than sense, or you are pretty minted (fair play and good luck to you if you are)

The prices are not justifiable, ok they have spun in it so that they can make it so that the majority of games are not so bad, they will do this if we are doing badly, and they can do the opposite which they will try if we start really well, neither will work (certainly the lowering of prices if doing badly won't work) not sure about if we are doing well.

For me this has just spoiled the feel good factor generated in last few weeks (ok not for people who have snapped up their ''bargain'' season tickets  maybe but for the rest of us, it has, mostly anyway) its divided the fanbase 

what they should be doing is whatever it takes to get as many people in each week as possible, through reasonable prices and decent football, this will build momentum and its one hell of a different place to visit hillsborough when rammed and buzzing than it is half full and little atmosphere 

They should be getting the place rammed, cutting prices or at least freezing them, and anyone who is more bothered about the season tickets not working out as a good a deal over a packed hillsborough and an intimidating place to visit again...well like I say WAWAW ? really ? 

This again Greeny, Great post.

Guest totemowl

For me this has just spoiled the feel good factor generated in last few weeks (ok not for people who have snapped up their ''bargain'' season tickets maybe but for the rest of us, it has, mostly anyway) its divided the fanbase

I think you're missing a few points.

It's been proven time and again lowering ticket prices doesn't result in a great uptake.

It doesn't make sense to pith off those fans who invest early.

Entertaining winning football improves the atmosphere way more than anything else.

I think you're missing a few points.

It's been proven time and again lowering ticket prices doesn't result in a great uptake.

It doesn't make sense to pith off those fans who invest early.

Entertaining winning football improves the atmosphere way more than anything else.

but look at the matches they pick for those deals? I always go to them no matter what, think it was reading last season, and season before, one that stands out was MK dons in the cup...that wasn't worth paying £1 for, I think I paid £2 to see u21s v blades same season 3-2 I think and we missed a pen in last minute then they scored (so should have been 4-1 the jammy gets) that was more entertaining than any of the cheap games,

how about combining both good football and reasonable prices, I am pretty certain that would be the best way 

Totemowl, could you explain what's happened at Bradford City then please? They've reduced their prices and sold more than 17000 season tickets. Would you call that a "great uptake" for a third tier club?

Edited by Wolfmanjack

I hate people who look down on people because they can afford to go and I can't. But I am allowed to look down on people who can afford to go. Double standards from the "I deserve everything for free" brigade

Guest totemowl

Totemowl, could you explain what's happened at Bradford City then please? They've reduced their prices and sold more than 17000 season tickets. Would you call that a "great uptake" for a third tier club?

Of course it is. But you're talking season tickets not match day tickets. So they have gauranteed high attendances and presumably healthy revenues over the season.

On the other hand we've seen cheap match day tickets result in a 20%% uptake. A real loss leader with no long term benefit.

I and many others have a problem being ripped off and if you think these prices are anything other than that then quite frankly you have either more money than sense

Ripped off? We are being asked to cover the costs so that we don't lose too much and therefore invoke the FFP. The only issue is that we weren't consulted on whether the costs should rise. But should we have been?

If you want to buy a product, you have to cover (at the very least) the costs of the supplier. Is that being ripped off? Surely this is the same, unless said product is subsidised by something or someone; Who do you suggest subsidises you and your old man? Me, DC, the government?

And don't bring wealth into it... Makes you sound bitter and your argument becomes one of cynicism and not of judgement.

Edited by DuncOwl

I have a question for the happy clappers.

What if next season it was doubled to £100 each to attend each match

Would you be saying "well the club need extra revenue to improve an average side that finished mid table, so of course if your a real fan that cares then you'll agree to pay £100 each per match".

The prices are obsene and the fans should sow solidarity and protest.

There should be a ceiling of £15 average in league 2, £20 average in league 1.

£25 average in the championship and £30 average average in the PL.

Ripped off? We are being asked to cover the costs so that we don't lose too much and therefore invoke the FFP. The only issue is that we weren't consulted on whether the costs should rise. But should we have been?

If you want to buy a product, you have to cover (at the very least) the costs of the supplier. Is that being ripped off? Surely this is the same, unless said product is subsidised by something or someone; Who do you suggest subsidises you and your old man? Me, DC, the government?

And don't bring wealth into it... Makes you sound bitter and your argument becomes one of cynicism and not of judgement.

Its not going to cover the costs, if anything it will do the opposite, a full stadium might come closer not a half empty one, and I do not accept £40 for a 2nd Division football game is reasonable, its double what it should be and a good 10er more than reasonable 

you/we are being asked to subsidize over paid football players, agents, money men etc etc , not the other way round, the prices have gone up too much, too quickly, when it was already overpriced.

Bit miffed I wont be able to go much, if at all this season, yeah damn straight I am, doesn't matter though because if I was a proper fan I would bend over and pay what I was told to pay, Maybe I am being selfish? but sorry can't justify those prices and I really think its a missed opportunity.

I hope I am proven wrong and we play great football, get big crowds and have a sniff of success, even if I can't witness it, for my fellow owls and because I love the club and have done since I first walked through the gates as a 5 year old. 

I'm done arguing with my fellow fans, I hope you who are going enjoy a great season, you deserve it...we all did !!!