The ''Proper'' Fans will still go or already have a ST

I don't know where this idea comes from that Season Ticket sales prop the club up. They probably count for very little in the scheme of things. I went and brought a membership yesterday. I'll get to about 10 - 14 home games, more if there's quality on show. But 34 quid (my Bristol ticket) isn't unreasonable IMO if there's a good team on show.

Thank you - someone who 100% gets my point.

This is like most fans who were happy to pay £25+ for a wycombe at home ticket but come out with all excuses when its £10. 

It is all about the value of the ticket- People wont pay if were poo but will if were looking at promotion.

I don't know where this idea comes from that Season Ticket sales prop the club up. They probably count for very little in the scheme of things. I went and brought a membership yesterday. I'll get to about 10 - 14 home games, more if there's quality on show. But 34 quid (my Bristol ticket) isn't unreasonable IMO if there's a good team on show.

Thank you - someone who 100% gets my point.

This is like most fans who were happy to pay £25+ for a wycombe at home ticket but come out with all excuses when its £10. 

It is all about the value of the ticket- People wont pay if were poo but will if were looking at promotion.

Happy for the s/t holders to carry the burden of debt :laugh: people and their conspiracy theories, like the fans have some ulterior motive vendetta against st holders.

But that's exactly what it is, s/t's cough up in advance, I just wonder how the club would have managed without the injection of cash every jan/feb

Your second point is strange given the revulsion shown to s/t's who have defended the need for a more robust pricing scheme

The number of times I have seen such utter crap spouted such as the above and things such as....

''real fans will find the money''

'' It will weed out the part timers''

'' you should have got a season ticket''

'' its what it costs if we want to get to the premier league''

''its your own fault''

''true fans will financially support the club''

And other similar absolute codsh1t really is depressing, as far as I am concerned anyone spouting such utter tw@tyness has never been a ''proper wednesdayite'' I don't care if you go every game (and probably just sit there and moan for 90 minutes no matter what and boos their own players), always buy a season ticket etc etc etc and think you are a bigger fan than someone who can't get to as many games for whatever reason, money/other commitments etc

You are no better, you are not a bigger fan, you are a jumped up arrogant thrower who does not give a shuffle about your fellow fans so you can drop the WAWAW crap because you are not, I'm glad some season ticket holders have been rewarded for their loyalty ...but at what price ? at the price of your fellow fans and you haven't got that good a deal they have just manipulated it to seem you have, a good deal would be money off the already overpriced tickets from last season and a refund for all the utter shyte we have poured money into the club to watch for the best part of 20 years.

My old man has been going 50 odd years, all through the 70's home and away which he tells me about and how they were far worse than owt we have seen etc, took me as a kid in the 80's and glory days of the early 90's, he works in a steel factory ( A real sheffielders job, you can't call yourself a Sheffielder if you haven't worked in a steel factory and busted your balls for roger all for best part of 50 years) *I am being sarcastic for the thicker among us ;)

he can't afford a season ticket but goes to probably 80/90% of home games maybe more maybe less depending on this and that, can he afford to go this season now ? can he roger, so he's not a #TRUEFAN according to some of these absolute weiners talking balls

myself I go when I can, generally about half the home games, and a few away here and there, again sometimes more, sometimes less depending on health/money/other commitments (I love Wednesday but they are not my number 1 priority in life exactly, its a game of football at the end of the day)

I was looking forward to this season massively, not fussed if we went up, part of me wouldn't want to as I find the premiership dull and the championship an open and exiting league, good football, a play off push and a decent cup run would be for me a great season, planned on trying to get to a few more games if possible.... now the prices have been announced,....couldn't give a poo poo as I won't be going, priced out of the game which was already overpriced by a club I love

I'll go max £30 a ticket and that's too much by 50% IMO any games more than that, no thanks, I don't accept being taken for a mug by anyone least of all someone/something I love, and we as a collective have been taken as that for 15 odd years, just cows to be milked, you talk about loyalty? what about loyalty to us the fans for supporting such a shambles for so long?? where is that?

This is a massive balls up, attendances will be shocking and atmosphere worse than ever, imagine if we start off bad? those groans turn into boos pretty quickly in a half full Hillsborough, how you going to get the floating fans back? lower prices? too late for that.

full respect to those who follow blindly, year after year, season ticket after season ticket, home and away, but if your going to look down your nose all smug and think your more of a Wednesdayite than others!!!!!???? I hope you choke on your prawn sarnies tbh

WAWAW ???? Really ??? are we ???

To the proper Owls who have season tickets yet understand what all this means for us ''none proper fans'' and are more bothered about Wednesday rather than some kind of one up manship on other fans, I hope we have a great season and you get to see some amazing football and have a bit of glory.

to the smug lobbers out there, lets just hope your health and wealth holds up for next season eh?

Seriously? Apart from the Bristol City game we don't know if it will be 20 quid a game (15 if you are a member) or 40 quid a game ( on the kop)?

Too many people looking at the worse case scenario = drama queens.

You wanted top tottie, did you really believe it was going to come cheap?

Edited by OzOwl

I think people need to chill a little, yes the price increase is higher than expected but to be honest if someone had turned to me last season whilst watching a game and offered me the option of magically swapping to a beautiful pitch, nice flashy scoreboard and a more exciting brand of football with some signings that actually have some pedigree (hopefully) but I would have to hand over another £8 there and then I would have snapped their hand off.  I don't have a season ticket at the moment and not sure to be honest if I will.  I think people need to appreciate other peoples circumstances and their right to pick and choose which games they go to, I don't think this makes people any 'less a fan' than a season ticket holder its just a case of priorities and/or circumstances.

Last season for example when I went to the games (only did weekend matches) I would say 75% of the time I didn't return to my seat for the second half, rather watch TV and see if my acca was coming in and that's because I was bored to tears watching the game, so does the fact I didn't watch and support the lads in the second half make me a 'less a fan' than others even though I put my pennies in?

I think season ticket holders should be applauded and do contribute to the cash-flow of the club.  Lets not forget, that should this season turn out to be a nightmare that people who have not committed to season ticket can decide 'flip that' but there will be no refund for the season ticket holders so they have paid for the gamble too, fair play.

Ive lived in the south for he last 12 years so haven't been able to attend many games. Certainly buying a ST would be a waste.

When my son was born I wanted him to grow up supporting the massive so I would travel up win him to watch games & give him the experience. Sadly due to the poor performances and non of his school friends knowing who we are, he peer pressure got to him & he no longer supports any team.

I have decided to move back to Yorkshire & will only get to see my son who still lives in the South every other weekend. Therefore a season ticket is again out of the question unless the home games are on the weekends I don't see my son.

I was however hoping to see more games this year and hopefully take my son to a few of them to try and get him supporting us once again. But the new prices announced I cannot afford particularly when shirt prices have also gone up.

Ive lived in the south for he last 12 years so haven't been able to attend many games. Certainly buying a ST would be a waste.

When my son was born I wanted him to grow up supporting the massive so I would travel up win him to watch games & give him the experience. Sadly due to the poor performances and non of his school friends knowing who we are, he peer pressure got to him & he no longer supports any team.

I have decided to move back to Yorkshire & will only get to see my son who still lives in the South every other weekend. Therefore a season ticket is again out of the question unless the home games are on the weekends I don't see my son.

I was however hoping to see more games this year and hopefully take my son to a few of them to try and get him supporting us once again. But the new prices announced I cannot afford particularly when shirt prices have also gone up.

Eh?

Apart from the Bristol City game how do you know what the price is going to be, it could be 20 quid?

I'm totally against the ticket increase & it was a good post by the OP..

but I look at both sides of the coin & it's a totally different product now.

Regularly under Mandaric, we needed a player, we got someone just returning from Injury, took 2 months to get fit. The pitch was dire 

Chansiri has improved Hillsborough MASSIVELY and with the players like Jack Hunt, Marco Matias, Ross Wallace, Alex Lopez, Vincent Sasso, Darryl Lachman, Lewis McGugan...I'm absolutely over the moon to be an owl right now! 

You could argue, Dejphon Chansiri is asset building. So when that time comes for Chansiri to sell, we'll be worth 100m + and hopefully be welcoming Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal to Hillsborough once more

Guest totemowl

I don't get the argument that we are expected to pay extra for "quality".

How many of the new players or the new coaching and management staff had any of you actually heard of? Yeah, they might work out - who knows.

How do you think the average wage of our first team midfield compares with the average when we came up to the championship, or the average when Potter and OConnor were in there.

I reckon we're 'paying extra'.

Guest Fedor

So let me get this right, if Wednesday score a goal and they show a replay on the screen you

wont watch it or enjoy seeing the replay

I've managed 40 odd years without one.

Well done, but the fact we have not had a big colour screen in the last 40 years was not the point, I simply said I believe the replays etc will improve the matchday experience and it will FACT!

My parents also thought it was a good idea to be the last in the neighbourhood to have a colour tv/ phone etc, that's why my family ended up being backward, wooden toys are not a substitute for Xbox 360?