when will s grey speak about sacking?

Guest totemowl

I don't believe for a second he was sacked he walked, his contract was nearly up, he only got a two year deal under Milan.

2 and a half years to July 2016. Plenty of time to go, no incentive to walk.

Gray will never manage or be head coach of a club our size again I don't think he walked. I think he probably disagreed with the philosophy of DC so DC thought he couldn't work with him and that's where it ended

I think DC knew enough about football to be able to see that not crossing the halfway line was never going to win

games.  Maybe Lumpy's statement "we start with a point and we'll keep it" didn't go down too well.

2 and a half years to July 2016. Plenty of time to go, no incentive to walk.

The statement from DC on the website hints that it was his decision and I don't think there's any reason not to believe that. No reason whatsoever for Gray to walk and these things always have confidentiality clauses.

Having said that I reckon Gray knew his days were numbered as soon as Roeder and Pearson were brought in.

Guest Distraught!

Having said that I reckon Gray knew his days were numbered as soon as Roeder and Pearson were brought in.

It would appear that the beginning of the end for Gray was the news conference when Chansiri, Pearson and Roeder attended but Gray didn't.

That did not smack of the East Asian way to do business.

I, like most, was a bit surprised that he was sacked- as he did a retained list, offered new contractsand even got Kieran Lee to sign a contract. Since then, we have had a joke of a pre season announced: A guy from Portugal who never lasts a year in a job...who even knows what job he is getting (general manager or head coach?) and knows nothing about championship football. Then Cooper might be getting the job where a lot of Swindon supporters know it's their no2 Williams who does most of the work there; a bit like when Dave Jones was here and  S GRAY did all the coaching. We all want someone proven at this level who has good contacts to get us some decent players in. CC and Cooper are a very strange combination and I don't think anyone can understand it... Would like to hear reasons for their appointments in a press conference- whenever that may be.

Call me a pretentious tw@, but I seriously couldn't cope with the grammar on display there...  :duntmatter:

Gray has earned his right to be a manager in the understood sense of the word. Given what was on the table, moving on may well be his preferred choice.

Anyhow, he is moving on and good luck to him.

We are constructing a European Management Model, the personnel may change but the Model will remain. I kind of like and look forward to this kind of continuity. Where there is never a drama or a crisis. No more **** 5torms Yeah lol  

The more you look at the situation since he left the more it points to Gray getting up out of his chair and walking out of the club

I can't see them firing him as they'd have had definite replacements lined up and ready

The club could be in a right mess here

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  of course it could...no debt, money put into pitch and ground improvements...implementing new modern coaching infrastructure...training ground expansion looked at...bloody awful mess bring back DA :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  of course it could...no debt, money put into pitch and ground improvements...implementing new modern coaching infrastructure...training ground expansion looked at...bloody awful mess bring back DA :laugh:

Gi DA back!! :biggrin:

I like most was bit surprised that he was sacked as he did retained list offered new contracts ,and even got Kieran lee to sign contract ,since then we have had a joke of a pre season announced , a guy from Portugal what never lasts a year in a job ,who don't even know what job he is getting general manager or head coach? knows nothing about championship football, then cooper maybe getting job where a lot of Swindon supporters know its there no2 Williams who does most of work there, bit like when dave jones was here and  s grey did all coaching. we all want someone proven at this level who has good contacts to get us some decent players in. cc and cooper is a very strange combination don't think anyone can understand it, would like to hear reasons for there appointments in press conference whenever that might be.

from what small amount we know, we may be getting more continental players in, thus cc could well be itk...

we'll have to wait and see, surely this week, if not then next will see the conclusion of the management team...

and we have no idea with the replacements needed where the dividing line over buying or loans will fall...

if we only need 5 or 6 buys, you can easily bring those in over a week or so...

The more you look at the situation since he left the more it points to Gray getting up out of his chair and walking out of the club

I can't see them firing him as they'd have had definite replacements lined up and ready

The club could be in a right mess here

i don't doubt what you say maybe near the mark...

but dc OWNS the club, not gray...

gray's star is way higher than it was before milan gave him the job as head coach...

gray would recognise this, and IF wanting his own players in, and then finding out he wasn't getting them, decides that...

it's not a disastrous time to leave... :stuwinky: