Training ground improvements.

There's no reception at the training ground. Just a Portakabin.

I bet the new players are impressed when their agents send them an email saying turn up at Middlewood road first thing on Monday morning and report to the chap in the portakabin.

Don't think it will matter in the long run with Mr Chansiri's plans. Already enquired about planning for a new site and how easy it would be to push it through.

Any info on where the proposed new site would be.

The one at the College did seem better- does it need to be 4g then?

Doesn't need to be 4g

Academy has to have unrestricted access to a full size 3G but it doesn't need to be either owned by the club or at the training facility

Any info on where the proposed new site would be.

No mate just a conversation I heard whilst a guest of Charlton (long story) when we played them in April. Not professing to be ITK or anything but suffice to say there were a few prominent mp's and council figures in the boardroom and was just a comment from one of them I heard.

Work starts tomorrow on improvements to the training ground.

Anyone know any details?

We are getting a bigger tent, repairing the holes in the fence, and erecting a hall of fame, 10x8 photos of Steve Haslam, Mark Platts and Owen Morrison Edited by Treeton Owl

Rather than moving training ground, I'd be interested to know if we have considered buying the land adjacent that Gilders currently use.

Unlike the training ground (which is classified as open green space), Gilders site has been earmarked for house-building, (identified as part of the council's need to find so many sites for additional house-building as required by central government), so we could expand and build whatever we wanted including an indoor 4G pitch similar to what was part of the community plan down Penistone Road.

We could maybe even use some of the existing structures rather than developing everything from scratch, e.g. use showroom as offices, develop large garage for some sort of indoor centre. The only issue would be what price Gilders wanted, and whether they'd be prepared to leave (which when they ditched VW I thought was the plan, but think they are doing Seat now), but if it also included the Community Scheme then other funding sources could also be attracted which may make it a viable option.

Edited by DevOwls Advocate

Guest _Ibbo_

Doesn't need to be 4g

Academy has to have unrestricted access to a full size 3G but it doesn't need to be either owned by the club or at the training facility

Sheffield Wednesday often train at Goodwin at the University of Sheffield 4g pitches. I suspect this will cover that requirement.

Even with the Gilders site it would still be inadequate. Other clubs academies dwarf ours and its certainly not big enough to accommodate the first team development team and academy. The best ootion would be to buy Niagara and build a bridge over the Don although others have previously said that the planners wouldn't allow it.

Even with the Gilders site it would still be inadequate. Other clubs academies dwarf ours and its certainly not big enough to accommodate the first team development team and academy. The best ootion would be to buy Niagara and build a bridge over the Don although others have previously said that the planners wouldn't allow it.

I read that as "best bet would be to buy Nigeria". I actually approved.....