Will next week be the week?

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest Distraught!

To be honest, Gray sounded edgy about it all during after match interviews towards the end of last season.

He did seem a bit touchy when asked about team selection, retained lists etc.

Guest Gazzaswfc

People need to calm down its only football some things are more important get a grip

Edited by Gazzaswfc

He may have walked, but how many managers/head coaches actually quit nowadays? Knowing there will be a big pay off if they are sacked. Just rarely happens in the modern game. The logical assumption is he was either sacked and we thought we potentially had someone in place (Petrescu), or Gray got wind of the leak and the management then sacked him as his position became untenable. He's not going to carry on doing his job to the best of his ability knowing he's getting sacked and doubtful to walk without a big payoff, therefore the chairman has to act. Anyway we will probably find out eventually.

Guest Distraught!

People need to calm down its only football some things are more important get a grip

And this is only a football discussion forum.

What topic would you prefer? Obama's opinions about Iran?  :huh:

Under the old regime, no it wouldn't. But with the rest of the new committee in place, the wheels should still be turning.

I suppose it's not unreasonable to think that Gray had already met with Roeder about the problem areas in the squad and given him a list of names of people he thought might be able to do a job.

It might be that these are still in the frame.

Can't help but think that if it to work though they'll hang fire a wee bit just to get the input of the new men.

Might be that Carlhaval (SP?) knows of some talent abroad that might be as good (or cheaper!) than who is on any possible list of targets that already exists. 

Guest Gazzaswfc

And this is only a football discussion forum.

What topic would you prefer? Obama's opinions about Iran? :huh:

Iam more interested in the state of the economy maybe we should start a thread ?

There's absolutely no chance Gray left his role by choice

Doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Timing all does seem a bit odd though.

Just got to look forward now and hope we get it right.

Edited by Lord Snooty

I think it needs to be.

I'm still calm about the whole thing, but if we are still without a manager/head coach - or a clue as to what the alternative is - with no new signings going into July, alarm bells will be justified in ringing.

Is go along with that, although I'd say I'm calm, but a little bit confused.

Guest Fedor

Don't know why but I still think it won't be Carvalhal or Cooper to be head coach. Just a niggling feeling it's going to be someone else.

I have a horrible feeling it will be Roeder.

I agree, why would he walk out and leave without any sort of pay off?

+ it's stil only 10 days since he left.

Yeah I don't understand where a lot of the flapping about this comes from.

Our searches for new managers usually last longer than this, right? I suspect people are twitchy because they're looking at United getting Adkins inside a few days, but he was just one manager, an out of work one, slotting into an existing set up. Both CC and MC have jobs, and it feels like we're doing a bit more than just finding a manager.

Relax, people. For now.

Yeah I don't understand where a lot of the flapping about this comes from.

Our searches for new managers usually last longer than this, right? I suspect people are twitchy because they're looking at United getting Adkins inside a few days, but he was just one manager, an out of work one, slotting into an existing set up. Both CC and MC have jobs, and it feels like we're doing a bit more than just finding a manager.

Relax, people. For now.

Adkins was contacted 6 weeks before they sacked Clough