Will next week be the week?

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Guest Distraught!

It has to be, dunnit?

I can't see the club wanting players returning for preseason without many of those things in place.

It's now getting ominously close to the end of June.

Yep,SG must have walked probably after a bit of open discussion.

The rest of the committee were probably just left sat there with there gobs open saying what do we do now then?

At first I thought it was a planned thing and a successor would be announced almost straight away. It unfortunately stinks of a large fuukk up.   

Guest wilyfox

Yes, Wednesday need to show their hand this week. Coaching setup needs finalising, and decisions required from the out of contract players. As for new recruits...depends on Roeder, but the time is nearing when he must reveal what he's been up to these past two months and deliver.

Guest owl from retford

Firmly believe Gray walked after going into a meeting saying i want these players in my team. Those players were proberly Mcgugan,Marshall and maybe Keane amongest others. The committee has turned around and so no we want to do things differantly i.e players from the continent and Gray has thought f-this am off ??

So if Gray did walk surely it's him who's dropped us in the poo .

Well maybe,but if he made DC aware he was unhappy with whatever it was he was unhappy about, and he (or the rest of this committee) were unwilling to make changes then as a man of principle,(which I think SG is) then walking is the logical conclusion isn't it? 

Firmly believe Gray walked after going into a meeting saying i want these players in my team. Those players were proberly Mcgugan,Marshall and maybe Keane amongest others. The committee has turned around and so no we want to do things differantly i.e players from the continent and Gray has thought f-this am off ??

Yes, this. I agree. He is left with no real alternative is he?  If  he stays its purely as a puppet.

Edited by burncross owl10

Surely we won't be signing players in the next fortnight.

The new General manager and first team manager or however he's going to be titled will want to assess what's left of the squad, and look at the areas they want to strengthen. Then draw up shortlists in order of prefence. Then sound out the other clubs and agents.

That's not all going to happen in a week is it?

Edited by Lord Snooty

And what do you base that firm belief on?

Guest owl from retford

^^ Something has gone on we dont know about Gray leaving four weeks after the season ended being allowed to release players he did'nt want then pictured with Lee signing new deal it kind of makes sense to me

Guest wilyfox

Surely we won't be signing players in the next fortnight.

The new General manager and first team manager or however he's going to be titled will want to assess what's left of the squad, and look at the areas they want to strengthen. Then draw up shortlists in order of prefence. Then sound out the other clubs and agents.

That's not all going to happen in a week is it?

Under the old regime, no it wouldn't. But with the rest of the new committee in place, the wheels should still be turning.