My mate - Mr OwlsTalk

I've watched Helan play 4 times in 'the flesh'.......it's enough to form an opinion that he's probably in the wrong sport.

It depends when you saw him. Helan was playing well when the pitch was in a decent state but he was awful when the pitch was poor and the ball was bobbling around. Helan is the type of player that plays best when he can run with the ball at his feet - did you discern that also with your "four views in the flesh"?

No, I'd want them to support their local Thai side. Sick and tired of football being sold as a product. I want Wednesday to be for Sheffielders, Man U to be for Mancs, Arsenal/Chelsea to be for Londoners, Liverpool to be for Scousers, etc. supporting a team is about taking pride in your local side, and giving them your support through thick and thin. You should never choose your team based on who's won the most titles, plays the best football, has the best history, etc. support should be kept local

I'd like it if everyone was a Wednesday fan.

My next door neighbour last went to watch Wednesday play, ten years ago this weekend, he has every team shirt, always buys the new one. He walks up and down the village in his Wednesday shirt, when we're away from home, but always wears an old England shirt when we're at home (I suspect, so people won't ask him why he's not at Hillsborough). When he talks about "we", I just ask him what he thought was the best full back performance by one of players last season, and he dun't have a clue, and walks away. I never miss, but won't be buying the new shirt, he never goes, but will buy the shirt. People like him infuriate me, but at the end of the day it's his choice, and if he chooses to pretend he's a supporter, so what?

How do you know this is always the case if you are at the match?

We must stop all transfer opinion then. How could any of us possibly know how good a potential signing is unless we have a season ticket at their club?

But seriously, I can understand this to an extent, I only see us in London and contribute to the site, but you'll normally only find me in the dressing room or non swfc section. It's wrong to slate a player on here over and over again if you never actually watch him play.

No, I'd want them to support their local Thai side. Sick and tired of football being sold as a product. I want Wednesday to be for Sheffielders, Man U to be for Mancs, Arsenal/Chelsea to be for Londoners, Liverpool to be for Scousers, etc. supporting a team is about taking pride in your local side, and giving them your support through thick and thin. You should never choose your team based on who's won the most titles, plays the best football, has the best history, etc. support should be kept local

These fans who support other clubs really miss out, I've got southern mates who support Liverpool and Manu, they are big football fans but never get to go to games. I've seen Manu and Liverpool play more times than both of em. Local pride and appreciating the rare good moments is what football is all about.

Guest ka58

I went to all home games and prob half always for years until about 6 years ago when my daughter was born.

Since then I probably go about half a dozen at home and 3/4 away a season.

Don't consider myself any less of a supporter than anybody.

Guest Distraught!

Glad somebody thinks that or I'd be royally flipped.

I believe that it is everyone's right to choose whether they wish to be a Wednesday fan or not.

It is not for others to set parameters on which to base someone else's right to be a Wednesday fan.

Guest Burntwood Owl

Is your mate called Andy or Nigel Shandy?

If so, I may know them

Andy and Nigel Shandy? Big heads.

Guest Distraught!

Precisely. Apart from the fact that Wednesday chooses you.  :cool:

Yes, and I'm well and truly honoured!

Proud to accept the invitation.

I've not been for nearly 6 years, the 24,000 mile round trip is just too much to take on each week......

That said, my attendance for the 20 years prior to that entitles me to an opinion! In the modern age it's pretty easy to keep thoroughly up to date where ever you live.

I don't agree with the notion of person A being "more" of a fan than person B based on how many games they have attended or when they last went to a match!

How anyone can say that they only want sheffielders to support Wednesday is very naive.

I live in London and have lived down south my whole life. Through family I have been taken in by the Wednesday bug and have seen hundreds of matches.

By the way for me to watch Wednesday it costs me and my brother around £200 for ONE home game.

Can't exactly say I shouldn't support them jus because I'm not from sheffield. I love the club but these type of fans who have stopped me singing at away games before really are naive to the fact that any income is good income whether it be a southerner or a Thai person.

Theres a lot on here who never go and don't contribute to the club.

that is SWFCs fault for not engaging the non-attending fans all over the world.

There are many possibilities to get non-match income but at the moment nothing is offered to us

It depends when you saw him. Helan was playing well when the pitch was in a decent state but he was awful when the pitch was poor and the ball was bobbling around. Helan is the type of player that plays best when he can run with the ball at his feet - did you discern that also with your "four views in the flesh"?

I saw him in every home match he played and a number of away matches. Helan,running and the ball at his feet are not words to be used in the same sentence. Hope he's gone before the season starts. Shocking athlete. I won't use the word footballer because he doesn't fit the description.