Minutes silence

All clubs in the football league will hold a minutes silence prior to kick off this weekend, in memory of the 56 supporters who lost their lives in the Bradford City fire disaster. The anniversary of the disaster is on the 11th of April, but the silence is being held this weekend to coincide with Bradford's final home game of the season.

RIP to the 56 and I hope that this silence is observed impeccably.

I think the majority of Leeds fans will observe the minutes silence as will the majority of our fans.

I'd say that all of our fans will observe the minutes silence. Not because we're angels, but it's a home game for us and less fans will be getting pissed up, especially with the early kick off meaning no pubs are open.

They'll be the odd knobhead in the Leeds support who will ruin it though IMO. They'll be drinking on the train/coach to Sheffield and people will get caught up in the away day vibe. 

Nothing to do with Leeds fans being 'vile' or anything like that. But it's usually how these minute silences go.

I would never break a minutes silence or minutes applause but I am getting bored with how many are now done. It seems that they are now becoming every other match ( it's obviously not every other match )

I think that in this instance you might put up with being bored for an extra minute or so. 30 years ago there were 56 people that went to a football match celebrating their teams promotion but 56 people didn't return home and many more were left scarred and affected by the fire. The Bradford fire is often forgotten by the media but I will take my seat and my thoughts will be with those that suffered 30 years ago when people were doing just what I will be doing in turning up to watch my team on a Saturday afternoon.

I think that in this instance you might put up with being bored for an extra minute or so. 30 years ago there were 56 people that went to a football match celebrating their teams promotion but 56 people didn't return home and many more were left scarred and affected by the fire. The Bradford fire is often forgotten by the media but I will take my seat and my thoughts will be with those that suffered 30 years ago when people were doing just what I will be doing in turning up to watch my team on a Saturday afternoon.

I remember the event well and as it happens have a connection to that day. My opinion is I think the minutes silence thing is now done too often, as mentioned I have never and will never not observe it.

Is it really 30 years ago? I can remember seeing the pictures on TV in my Uncles house when he lived just off Middlewood Road. Think we had played West Ham that day IIRC.

I agree that minutes silences are over done but don't mind one for this. Something that happened to fellow football fans in Yorkshire.