Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

He said they would spend what ever it takes, now stop being a internet bully. UTO

Did he also say he would flout the rules?

Guest Daniel Walker

There are also reference such as "we won't just throw the money at it"

Yes but people link is with JET- released from Bristol City

a LEAGUE 1 team

Genuine question: who said that? 

Adam Pearson in an interview on RS when 't'committee' was unveiled.  I thought I'd misheard it 'live', so I joined Audioboo to listen to it again.

Guest Daniel Walker

Adam Pearson in an interview on RS when 't'committee' was unveiled. I thought I'd misheard it 'live', so I joined Audioboo to listen to it again.

Must admit not heard that one

Must admit not heard that one

Surprised you didn't it's during the press conference. Pearson said one of the things that appealed to him was that Chansiri has the resources to challenge in the premier league not just in this division.

Edited by Southie_Owl

Guest Daniel Walker

Surprised you didn't it's during the press conference. Pearson said one of the things that appealed to him was that Chansiri has the resources to challenge in the premier league not just in this division.

Fair enough mate

I think a few of our fans seem to tthink we have no funds

They are linking us with the exact same sort of players we would have been looking at before chansiri

There's a lot of uncertainty on here at the moment and I can understand that.

Mr C has said he wants promotion to the premier league by 2017 and Pearson suggested in a press conference that not only did Mr C had the resources to get us there, he had the resources to keep us there?

Now I think most of us realise that attaining promotion is going to cost a fair amount of money and there's the issue of staying within the parameters of FFP. It's a difficult balancing act but on the face of it, this needs to be achieved if we are going to make it to the top flight again.

Fair enough mate

I think a few of our fans seem to tthink we have no funds

They are linking us with the exact same sort of players we would have been looking at before chansiri

Yep not having a go I agree with you. I don't think we'll be spending £10 million+ on people like Rhodes but think we'll copy Middlesbrough's approach and sign a few players from £1-4 million. People who think we'll just sign free transfers from the PL, of the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson like we did under MM, are being a bit nieive going by everything that's been said and done by Chansiri and his people so far. Edited by Southie_Owl

Yep not having a go I agree with you. I don't think we'll be spending £10 million+ on people like Rhodes but think we'll copy Middlesbrough's approach and sign a few players from £1-4 million. People who think we'll just sign free transfers from the PL, of the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson like we did under MM, are being a bit nieive going by everything that's been said and done by Chansiri and his people so far.

The Middlesborough approach would probably be the right approach for us, as they started to build from a solid defensive base. Even now they are not prolific, but the attacking side of their game has got better as the season progressed. They have been prepared to invest and have also been pretty shrewd in their use of the loan market. I think they pretty much had four loan players in most match day squads. We shouldn't be scared of using the loan system, but they have to be quality youngsters and for the entire season

Guest Daniel Walker

Yep not having a go I agree with you. I don't think we'll be spending £10 million+ on people like Rhodes but think we'll copy Middlesbrough's approach and sign a few players from £1-4 million. People who think we'll just sign free transfers from the PL, of the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson like we did under MM, are being a bit nieive going by everything that's been said and done by Chansiri and his people so far.

Totally agree

We need a few in the region of a million plus

We won't sign anyone like Rhodes or someone like that

My list of targets realistically would be:

James McLean Wigan

David nugent Leicester

Will Buckley Sunderland

Connor goldson shrewbury

Lewis Mcgugan Watford

Maybe le fondre

And then a proper left back

Another thing is we could sign a few foreign players my list is purely based on English players

Really think we should sign buckley Mcgugan and nugent if he's available

Guest wilyfox

Totally agree

We need a few in the region of a million plus

We won't sign anyone like Rhodes or someone like that

My list of targets realistically would be:

James McLean Wigan

David nugent Leicester

Will Buckley Sunderland

Connor goldson shrewbury

Lewis Mcgugan Watford

Maybe le fondre

And then a proper left back

Another thing is we could sign a few foreign players my list is purely based on English players

Really think we should sign buckley Mcgugan and nugent if he's available

That's a very decent list. I'd like McGugan and Marshall; outside of that I'm not fussed. Those two should be affordable and would help our cause considerably. McClean would be excellent, but sounds like he's heading to the States.

Guest Daniel Walker

That's a very decent list. I'd like McGugan and Marshall; outside of that I'm not fussed. Those two should be affordable and would help our cause considerably. McClean would be excellent, but sounds like he's heading to the States.

Would love Marshall and Buckley out wide

Then Alf and nugent up top

Mcgugan and semedo in middle

WESTWOOD in net

Palmer lees loovens and a new left back

Guest wilyfox

Would love Marshall and Buckley out wide

Then Alf and nugent up top

Mcgugan and semedo in middle

WESTWOOD in net

Palmer lees loovens and a new left back

Not sure about the ALF-Nugent partnership, but the rest sounds good to me.