Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Thought Jota, was the best player I've seen at Hillsborough this season.  I'd love him to come to us.  He could easily play in the Premiership.  Class player

He's a good player, yes. I also thought that Pritchard was a good little player for them. Hope that Spurs loan him out again next season (to us) as they've already got Mason that they've brought into their squad this season so not sure they'd accommodate Pritchard too. 

Guest wilyfox

Forest are in a bind. Selling two players to Newcastle for £7m, getting the money and to keep those players for a year free of cost was a unique opportunity. They had their shot and blew it. The outlook for their next season seems far less rosy.

Forest are in a bind. Selling two players to Newcastle for £7m, getting the money and to keep those players for a year free of cost was a unique opportunity. They had their shot and blew it. The outlook for their next season seems far less rosy.

Yep, I think it really was do or die last season for Forest.

Now they're two better players from last season are gone and they're best player (Antonio) is being courted for a ridiculous amount of money.

The chairman at forest is minted and ffp does not exist to him ,They will still spend more than us this season .

Their squad should have been good enough for at least a playoff place last season, though. The mistake they made was trusting Stuart Pearce to manage them.

Even without spending anything, they can replace Darlow with a freebie and still have a squad capable of challenging at the top of the table if the wind is blowing in the right direction. Of course, Assombalonga's injury is a huge hindrance to them, and they may need to sell more players to meet FFP regulations.

It could go either way for them next year.

Guest wilyfox

Yep, I think it really was do or die last season for Forest.

Now they're two better players from last season are gone and they're best player (Antonio) is being courted for a ridiculous amount of money.

And their star striker probably out until the second half of next season.

Guest wilyfox

It could go either way for them next year.

Indeed it could. They'll need to be a lot shrewder. Can't throw money at it like before. The notion they'd ignore FFP is impossible whilst under an embargo. They can't buy and register those players. But they can be cute with freebies and season loans.

After dislocating his knee damaging multiple ligaments? I doubt it. His knee required a rebuild. Freedman has said his timescale for a return has not changed.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Britt-Assombalonga-making-progress-Dougie/story-26310122-detail/story.html

Yep. And even when he's back it's doubtful that he'll be the same player/have the same impact that he did have.

It's one of the worst injuries you can get as an athlete.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Indeed it could. They'll need to be a lot shrewder. Can't throw money at it like before. The notion they'd ignore FFP is impossible whilst under an embargo. They can't buy and register those players. But they can be cute with freebies and season loans.

'Shrewd' and Nottingham Forest aren't words I'd put in the same sentence too much in recent times! In fact, they're an example of exactly the kind of scattergun spending that we need to avoid if we want to achieve success. They seem to have no long term planning in place and just lurch from one manager to another, signing heaps of disparate players along the way and never quite managing to build a team.

The early signs are promising that we won't do the same, as Chansiri clearly wants to adopt a more targeted approach informed by a committee of advisors. Let's hope this proves to be the case, as the Forest fans I know are gutted that they've spent so much and made so little progress over recent seasons, whilst the likes of Bournemouth have sailed past them by spending their money wisely.

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't call Forest's spending scattergun last year. Their recruitment looked strong and varied. The ingredients were there in terms of players. For whatever reason they couldn't sustain a challenge. Many want to blame Pearce, but look how they finished the season under Freedman...they were on another poor run.

I wouldn't call Forest's spending scattergun last year. Their recruitment looked strong and varied. The ingredients were there in terms of players. For whatever reason they couldn't sustain a challenge. Many want to blame Pearce, but look how they finished the season under Freedman...they were on another poor run.

Not just last summer, but over recent years, their approach seems to have been to sign talented individuals with no real concept of how to use them as part of a team. The owners then inevitably look at the millions lavished on the squad and feel they're underachieving, so bring in a new manager with his own tactics and beliefs, allow him to get halfway through the process of building a team before sacking him and starting the whole sorry merry-go-round again.

Compare the teams Forest have built to the one Bournemouth assembled for far less outlay, and their approach definitely seems scattergun; if it weren't, there's no way they could have spent what they have and still finished below us in the final table.

Guest wilyfox

Not just last summer, but over recent years, their approach seems to have been to sign talented individuals with no real concept of how to use them as part of a team. The owners then inevitably look at the millions lavished on the squad and feel they're underachieving, so bring in a new manager with his own tactics and beliefs, allow him to get halfway through the process of building a team before sacking him and starting the whole sorry merry-go-round again.

Compare the teams Forest have built to the one Bournemouth assembled for far less outlay, and their approach definitely seems scattergun; if it weren't, there's no way they could have spent what they have and still finished below us in the final table.

Maybe. Difficult to say. Bournemouth have spent and lost rather a lot too. They haven't gone up the Burnley way.

I suspect injuries have played a big part at Forest. Reid and Cohen out for most of the season. Fryatt struggled with niggling injuries throughout, then they lost Assombalonga.

Guest TommyTank

And our budget has gone up £2,000,000 cant see Automatic promotion.

It's gone up 2m plus all the **** we got rid of, still a bottom half budget but with plenty of flex. We should avoid relegation easily.

It's gone up 2m plus all the **** we got rid of, still a bottom half budget but with plenty of flex. We should avoid relegation easily.

Where has this info come from?? Considering we probably will earn a good bit in ticket sales, 2 million is not enough. We will be stuck in midtable at best if that is the case.