Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

The thing I fear with Keane is he has shown flashes of brilliance or a goal scoring knack.

Would hate to let him pass us by like I feel we did with Afobe.

I was abit surprised to see Afobe go as low as MK on loan. He looked really good for us when played in his proper position.

But at the same time you couldn't predict his rise to be so dramatic. Worth thinking about when considering what May & Bus may or may not have already done for us.

You could tell that Afobe had more natural attributes than May had, and in my opinion, would have been less of a gamble. We really need to think about what we're going to do with Stevie May. Do we cut our losses, or do we persist in the hope that he can bring some of his north of the border form to the championship. If we are gonna keep him, then we have to find the right strike partner for him. None of our existing strikers are a good match, in fact there isn't a pairing among them.

Guest wilyfox

Hope we have a sell on fee for antonio.

..to be wired straight into Mandaric's bank account :duntmatter:

You could tell that Afobe had more natural attributes than May had, and in my opinion, would have been less of a gamble. We really need to think about what we're going to do with Stevie May. Do we cut our losses, or do we persist in the hope that he can bring some of his north of the border form to the championship. If we are gonna keep him, then we have to find the right strike partner for him. None of our existing strikers are a good match, in fact there isn't a pairing among them.

Think we need to keep hold of may. Many young strikers don't set the world on fire in their first season in the championshi, you only have to look at deeney's early championship record to realise this as he is now arguably the best striker in the division ( although now technically a premiership player). Think a good option maybe to loan him out so he can go and get his confidence back. After all if you look at Stevie May he is a 22 year old British striker who has played full international football who has a 1 in 2 strike rate in professional football

Guest wilyfox

Would love us to sign Tom Ince, even on a season long loan. If Derby could afford him on loan surely we can now we are loaded :-)

But then Hull would stand to lose him for nothing next summer, having paid Blackpool 2mil in compensation. Wouldn't surprise me if Hull sell him though. Having said that, if they're relegated, might use him themselves.

Think we need to keep hold of may. Many young strikers don't set the world on fire in their first season in the championshi, you only have to look at deeney's early championship record to realise this as he is now arguably the best striker in the division ( although now technically a premiership player). Think a good option maybe to loan him out so he can go and get his confidence back. After all if you look at Stevie May he is a 22 year old British striker who has played full international football who has a 1 in 2 strike rate in professional football

It's a bit of a conundrum, May could be the answer to our goal scoring problems yes, but I honestly believe we have to pair him with the right partner. He isn't going to be able to play up front on his own, and he hasn't looked convincing alongside any of the strikers we have. If we aren't going to do that, then we might as well let him go, in my opinion

Guest wilyfox

Very possible that May will step up. Ings' rise to prominence was rapid for Burnley last season, despite having a poor record the year before.

It's a bit of a conundrum, May could be the answer to our goal scoring problems yes, but I honestly believe we have to pair him with the right partner. He isn't going to be able to play up front on his own, and he hasn't looked convincing alongside any of the strikers we have. If we aren't going to do that, then we might as well let him go, in my opinion

Know where your coming from but imagine the outcry on here if we sold him to someone like Rotherham for 500k and he went on and scored 20 goals for them. For me we have to give him a full pre-season, hopefully we will sign a couple of strikers, then we can assess at the end of the first transfer window, if it doesn't look like he'll be playing week in week out the maybe loan him to a top end league one club where hopefully he will get a good few chances and regain some of his confidence by scoring a few and if there's no real improvement by the end of next season we should look at letting him go. Anyway we'll be in the premier by this time next year and we won't need players like may, we'll be looking at much better.

WAWAW

Know where your coming from but imagine the outcry on here if we sold him to someone like Rotherham for 500k and he went on and scored 20 goals for them. For me we have to give him a full pre-season, hopefully we will sign a couple of strikers, then we can assess at the end of the first transfer window, if it doesn't look like he'll be playing week in week out the maybe loan him to a top end league one club where hopefully he will get a good few chances and regain some of his confidence by scoring a few and if there's no real improvement by the end of next season we should look at letting him go. Anyway we'll be in the premier by this time next year and we won't need players like may, we'll be looking at much better.

WAWAW

I think he'll end up more like COG personally.

We've got lavery, bus and may who will all have the label of "potential" over their heads next season. That's at least one too many. Nuhiu seems a cert to be in the mix unless we get a good offer. If we are to bring in two strikers, at least one will have to go.

I know a lot would like to see Keane back here, and he's a talented lad, but I'm not sure he's what we need. With the group we have now, he doesn't really offer much that is different. His United colleague, James Wilson on a season long loan would be a better bet.

No loans please.

Really. Absolutely brilliant way to boost the squad when in theory it's pretty much completed. Can give you that extra bit of quality that otherwise would have been lacking. I think it's a very good idea to have a couple of season long loans a long side a full squad.

You and others might just have a stigma about them because of the way we have functioned in past seasons. We just make desperate loan signings and hope they work short term. Better sides who actually own an already good squad utilise the market very well and add quality to give them that extra push.

No loans please.

If we could get someone of James Wilson's calibre on a season long loan, that'd be good no? Of course we need to buy a striker, and I still think we'll be in for Chris Wood. Chris Wood and James Wilson would be a decent pairing at this level