Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Ditching Nuhiu would be a mistake. His stats are improving and his best years are yet to come. The type of player he is will be a late bloomer.

Ditching Nuhiu would be a mistake. His stats are improving and his best years are yet to come. The type of player he is will be a late bloomer.

Depends if it's between that and bringing in someone who is proven to be better. No room for sentiment. 

Guest wilyfox

Depends if it's between that and bringing in someone who is proven to be better. No room for sentiment.

It's not about sentiment. He offers us something different - Saturday proved that once again. Love him or hate him, he causes teams problems, and will most likely continue to improve the more experience he gets learning the ugly side of the game. In a pool of 5 strikers, he's a useful tool to have in the box.

It's not about sentiment. He offers us something different - Saturday proved that once again. Love him or hate him, he causes teams problems, and will most likely continue to improve the more experience he gets learning the ugly side of the game. In a pool of 5 strikers, he's a useful tool to have in the box.

Agreed. He might not be a first pick striker in a promotion chasing team. Then again he might improve and become just that. As it, and as you say, he is a useful guy to have around.

Spot on.

So you'd reject getting a better striker in, in his place? 

Also, the thing is I don't love him or hate him like you seem to have to do on here. Just because I think we should let him go doesn't mean I hate him. I have valued his contribution and am not stupid enough to see he offers more than just scoring goals. I just think we need to get a better person in for me. I'll say the same about a lot of players not just Adthe. 

Guest wilyfox

So you'd reject getting a better striker in, in his place?

I don't believe it will be a choice between Nuhiu and a new guy. We've room for one more as it is, with Keane now back at United. I'd choose between May and Lavery, freeing up space for a second recruit up top. That'd do me. Nuhiu need not be part of a cull. Like I said, as 1 of 5 he's useful.

I don't believe it will be a choice between Nuhiu and a new guy. We've room for one more as it is, with Keane now back at United. I'd choose between May and Lavery, freeing up space for a second recruit up top. That'd do me. Nuhiu need not be part of a cull. Like I said, as 1 of 5 he's useful.

I'll be disappointed if we only bring in one striker. 

If we start the season with Nuhui upfront I'll be very dissapointed. He has got slightly better this season but he's still way off been good enough to lead a line in a promotion chasing side. He does an OK job away from home holding the ball up but hopefully at home next season we'll be creating plenty of chances and he's nowhere near good enough to take them on a regular basis.

Exactly, it's frightening how far behind in the scoring charts we ended up finishing. Even with a 20 goal man in place of a May or Nuhiu we'd still only be on around 60 goals. Obviously you'd need a much better contribution from the defence and midfield than this season but overall we really need to see a significant improvement in the striking department. Compared to the top 8 from this season we are nowhere near attacking wise, so just signing the one doesn't cut it for me. 

Exactly, it's frightening how far behind in the scoring charts we ended up finishing. Even with a 20 goal man in place of a May or Nuhiu we'd still only be on around 60 goals. Obviously you'd need a much better contribution from the defence and midfield than this season but overall we really need to see a significant improvement in the striking department. Compared to the top 8 from this season we are nowhere near attacking wise, so just signing the one doesn't cut it for me. 

On the flip side, our defence was better than 5 of the top 8, and similar in goals conceded to two of the other top 8.

Those 20 more goals would equal a lot more points next time round if we have a defence around the same as this season.

From Gray's own words, speaking about Watford, after the game and saying how impressed he was with their attacking ability.

He said something along the lines of Watford having three strikers capable of getting 60 goals between them our whole squad didn't even get anywhere near that.

He also said that's where we let ourselves down. Looking at our attacking options, they're all inexperienced but possess potential. 

Personally I like the look of Bus and Lavery and I think they could become decent players in the future.

But taking our attacking options as a whole, it's not good enough to be a realistic top half/play-off contender let alone a promotion chasing team.

I'd say we need at least two new decent strikers, as well as midfielders who contribute more, create more and chips in with some goals, McGugan we all know is a must.

We've got the defensive platform to build from, it's just the team going forward as a whole where we are very short.