Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

We've been absolutely screaming for an experienced goal scorer for years and years, now that we've got the money, I'd be gutted if we ended up with our current strikers and re-signed Keane. Let's stop hoping youngsters will come good and shell out on a couple of quality proven forwards and let our younger strikers supplement them and bring their game on even more without the pressure of being our only hope.

You are always quick to post something negative on grays transfer dealings. what's wrong with that is you fail to be subjective far too often.

For example - lees and westwood were signed when mammadov was due to take over. The subsequent dragging on left us in limbo, with mandaric stopping the cash as he was on his way out, and mammadov unable to put cash in. So we ended up with filler whilst we treaded water.

Then you talk about signing players to suit a style of play. It's been well publicised by players that gray attempts to get them to play football on the deck. Our pitch has hardly been conducive to that style has it? So he changed his style to accommodate.

Last year, he was given players like Wickham. Any sign of that level of support? We even fooked around dithering before finally getting mcgugan in twice.

Signings wise, it's very easy to criticise and say players haven't been good enough. But actually, remember the melt down when it looked like may was going to Rovrum? Or Helan to watford? Or how many people wanted to drive Antonio to forest?

The January dealings were slightly different, but January rarely offers value, and we desperately needed bodies in. On paper, bus, Keane, vermijl, baker were good signings. Hasn't quite worked out that way yet, but it happens.

That's fair comment actually, I'll hold my hands up to that one, I probably haven't been too subjective with my criticism of our dealings. The pitch hasn't helped in our attempts to play football, I agree, but it would be slightly misleading if we put down our poor home form, to problems with the pitch. We were struggling at home before the pitch started to cut up. To be honest, I've never once criticised the managers tactics, and fully understand why we play the way we do. We simply don't have the quality in attacking areas to be successful with any other style. If anything, I feel we've lost a bit of our defensive solidity by trying to push the attacking side of our game, without the personnel to do it. Hopefully that will change if the new owners ambition is genuine. Overall, I do think the manager has done a pretty good job, but I still think some of his moves in the transfer market have not really addressed what was needed, even allowing for the constraints he was working under. No matter, now free from those budget constraints, and with a proper team of football people to help him, maybe we can finally bring in those missing ingredients

Guest wilyfox

That's a tidy profit, if they sell, especially after only four months

Indeed, but then they have the difficult task of replacing him with someone of equal impact.

That's fair comment actually, I'll hold my hands up to that one, I probably haven't been too subjective with my criticism of our dealings. The pitch hasn't helped in our attempts to play football, I agree, but it would be slightly misleading if we put down our poor home form, to problems with the pitch. We were struggling at home before the pitch started to cut up. To be honest, I've never once criticised the managers tactics, and fully understand why we play the way we do. We simply don't have the quality in attacking areas to be successful with any other style. If anything, I feel we've lost a bit of our defensive solidity by trying to push the attacking side of our game, without the personnel to do it. Hopefully that will change if the new owners ambition is genuine. Overall, I do think the manager has done a pretty good job, but I still think some of his moves in the transfer market have not really addressed what was needed, even allowing for the constraints he was working under. No matter, now free from those budget constraints, and with a proper team of football people to help him, maybe we can finally bring in those missing ingredients

If we sign dross, under the new set up, I'd be more inclined to lay the blame at roeders feet. It seems clear that gray will be held responsible for the performances on the pitch by the players provided, but I think we'd all acknowledge that we can't expect much better without marked improvement in the squad.

I'm hopeful the pitch will allow us to stop resorting to hoof ball - I don't blame the pitch for performances either, but it certainly plays a part.

We need to address our attacking options upfront and out wide - and I'd expect the recruitment to focus on that as priority. I'll be pretty irritated if we sign Keane on loan and some journeyman striker.

Indeed, but then they have the difficult task of replacing him with someone of equal impact.

There's talk of them going for the Arsenal guy who's on loan at Forest, presumably on another loan deal

We've been absolutely screaming for an experienced goal scorer for years and years, now that we've got the money, I'd be gutted if we ended up with our current strikers and re-signed Keane. Let's stop hoping youngsters will come good and shell out on a couple of quality proven forwards and let our younger strikers supplement them and bring their game on even more without the pressure of being our only hope.

Nugent fits that bill for me

Guest wilyfox

There's talk of them going for the Arsenal guy who's on loan at Forest, presumably on another loan deal

Akpom? Yet to score a senior goal. Big ask for him to fill Afobe's void if he goes.

To be fair, 6m buys you a couple of adequate replacements for afobe. Think gestede was rumoured to be attracting bids around that amount.

The thing I fear with Keane is he has shown flashes of brilliance or a goal scoring knack.

Would hate to let him pass us by like I feel we did with Afobe.

I was abit surprised to see Afobe go as low as MK on loan. He looked really good for us when played in his proper position.

But at the same time you couldn't predict his rise to be so dramatic. Worth thinking about when considering what May & Bus may or may not have already done for us.

Guest wilyfox

To be fair, 6m buys you a couple of adequate replacements for afobe. Think gestede was rumoured to be attracting bids around that amount.

Except Gestede is probably heading to the prem as well. All very well having cash burning a hole in your pocket, but availability is an issue - and a problem we too shall face. Money can lure upwards, but rivals don't tend to wanna part. Once strikers go up, few are willing to drop back down either.

The main thing for me, when it comes to recruiting a couple of strikers, is that they either have to be able to play together, or form a pairing with whichever of our existing strikers we decide to keep. We definitely need someone with the know how to lead the line, and perhaps to take on the role of lone striker, if we decide to play that way. Then it's essential we add pace to the group, it stop sides defending high up the pitch which they can do now with impunity, and it also provides us with a useful out ball.

Except Gestede is probably heading to the prem as well. All very well having cash burning a hole in your pocket, but availability is an issue - and a problem we too shall face. Money can lure upwards, but rivals don't tend to wanna part. Once strikers go up, few are willing to drop back down either.

Defo right there.

Depends whether gestede thinks a promotion candidate is going to be better for him than a premier league struggler. And which ones likely to play him.

I'd imagine wolves would be able to offer a competitive wage, and the lure of potential promotion. Whereas hull aren't even guaranteed to still be there yet.