Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

I was going to write Luongo down as £3 million but I also believe he is in his last year at Swindon and if they fail to win promotion he may be trying to force an exit.

Garbutt was probably a little unrealistic but there was apparent interest from Man City for Westwood before he signed here. First team football is one of the reason for him not renewing his contract so if we can offer it him here ; he may be persuaded.

Just realised Marshall only played 20 games last season. £3m may be a high valuation but I can't see blackburn selling him for less than £2m.

Guest wilyfox

Do we think May is on the way out, and who realistically would give us our money back?

I think Gray must choose between May and Lavery; very similar. We probably need 2 strikers. Having 4 under contract may limit us to one addition up top. Something's got to give.

I think Gray must choose between May and Lavery; very similar. We probably need 2 strikers. Having 4 under contract may limit us to one addition up top. Something's got to give.

Rumour mill is may back over the border, lavery also likely to go to make room for additional signings. Think he's at the stage where he'll be wanting to play regularly, and I don't think he'll get that here.

Chessy if promoted possibly to put a bid in?

We'll be lucky if we get 500k for may.

Guest wilyfox

Well, I think it's highly unlikely Bus or Nuhiu are going anywhere. I wouldn't cull both May and Lavery. Keep one for development. May is more saleable, but I fancy him to get more goals for us in the long run. Tough call to make.

Rumour mill is may back over the border, lavery also likely to go to make room for additional signings. Think he's at the stage where he'll be wanting to play regularly, and I don't think he'll get that here.

Chessy if promoted possibly to put a bid in?

We'll be lucky if we get 500k for may.

Not many could afford that sort of fee north of the border, probably be lucky to get even half our money back. For a club that supposedly runs a tight ship, writing off £400,000, on top of the Antonio fiasco, would not be very smart business. If we are serious about making a push for the play offs, we will probably have to upgrade on two or three of the forwards. Be happy to see Lavery go out on a six month loan, and we can assess him in January.

Selling May would be stupid. And less than 500k is laughable.

22 year old, 80 plus career goals already, just broke in to national squad, and played his first season of championship football for one of the poorest attacking sides I've seen.

I think some people expected too much from May, and that is perhaps why some judge him so harshly. Realistically, he's shown more than enough to suggest he can score regularly at this level given the right sort of service. If anyone truly believes that he's been so bad that he should be sold, then you really shouldn't be commenting on football imo. Cos you ain't got a clue.

Guest shakesby

Stevie May could quite conceivably be one of our 20 goal a season strikers next year. We need to give him regular service for that though. Hes struggled to create his own chances this year.

Like I've said several times already, pace is what we need. We're incredibly one dimensional at the moment, and if you look at the top 6 they all have players who can run and commit players at pace.

I know we don't want headless chickens, but if we now have money then we can buy quality who have pace. Which we desperately, desperately need.

With McGugan and 2 new wingers in, May will score goals. He's not injury prone either, so he can play a part in a consistent team, something which has had a big impact upon Bournemouth getting promoted this season.

I know he's not set the world alight but since February he's not played a full 90 minutes and in my opinion has been underused. I would have liked to have seen him get more experience through the second half of the season; he would definitely have finished with atleast 10 goals. 

22 year old, 80 plus career goals already, just broke in to national squad, and played his first season of championship football for one of the poorest attacking sides I've seen.

I think some people expected too much from May, and that is perhaps why some judge him so harshly. Realistically, he's shown more than enough to suggest he can score regularly at this level given the right sort of service. If anyone truly believes that he's been so bad that he should be sold, then you really shouldn't be commenting on football imo. Cos you ain't got a clue.

I can't see why he would have been selected for the Scotland squad on his form for us. Probably tells us more about the paucity of their resources, then any ability May has. I note that they chose not to play him in any of those games, not even a run out as a substitute, against the no hopers of Gibraltar. Whether he's shown enough or not, is debatable, but I do agree, he will get goals, and maybe even at this level. However, because of his limitations, he's going to need the right sort of partner, someone who can compensate for his shortcomings. We've already made adjustments to the way we play, to try and accommodate May, which I believe have weakened us as a team. The thing is, is he the sort of player you build your side around?

We can't go into next season believing our existing strikers will score the goals that will elevate us to promotion candidates, even allowing for improving the supply lines. At the end of the day, we don't have anyone capable of leading the line, or playing as a lone striker. We also lack a forward with the pace to stretch our opponents, and that is something we must address. So we need at least two new forwards, and with five currently contracted, that means at least two will have to move out. Madine is almost certain to be one, so I reckon that leaves May and Lavery, as the likely candidates to leave. I suppose a compromise, could be to send Lavery out on loan, but would May be happy with a bit part role?

Spot on. We're under no pressure to sell and it would make more business sense to persist with him yet not rely on him.

Too many people view things in the short term. A month into the season may looked a shrewd signing and he looked sharp. But the first season as a whole has been rough and he looks low on confidence. Doesn't make him a bad player, but he needs to step up quickly next season.

I can't see why he would have been selected for the Scotland squad on his form for us. Probably tells us more about the paucity of their resources, then any ability May has. I note that they chose not to play him in any of those games, not even a run out as a substitute, against the no hopers of Gibraltar. Whether he's shown enough or not, is debatable, but I do agree, he will get goals, and maybe even at this level. However, because of his limitations, he's going to need the right sort of partner, someone who can compensate for his shortcomings. We've already made adjustments to the way we play, to try and accommodate May, which I believe have weakened us as a team. The thing is, is he the sort of player you build your side around?

We can't go into next season believing our existing strikers will score the goals that will elevate us to promotion candidates, even allowing for improving the supply lines. At the end of the day, we don't have anyone capable of leading the line, or playing as a lone striker. We also lack a forward with the pace to stretch our opponents, and that is something we must address. So we need at least two new forwards, and with five currently contracted, that means at least two will have to move out. Madine is almost certain to be one, so I reckon that leaves May and Lavery, as the likely candidates to leave. I suppose a compromise, could be to send Lavery out on loan, but would May be happy with a bit part role?

Paucity of resources? There are plenty of Scottish strikers.

Spot on. We're under no pressure to sell and it would make more business sense to persist with him yet not rely on him.

Too many people view things in the short term. A month into the season may looked a shrewd signing and he looked sharp. But the first season as a whole has been rough and he looks low on confidence. Doesn't make him a bad player, but he needs to step up quickly next season.

I think it's more a case of, how do we improve our prospects significantly With only one of the five contracted strikers, out of contract, how are we going to upgrade our strike force? If Madine goes, it will leave us with four, relatively young inexperienced strikers, who all struggled at this level. Looking at the four, all have a chance of making it, but I certainly wouldn't be confident of them leading us to promotion anytime soon. There's certainly no Wilson, Deeney, Vydra or even a Jerome amongst them. We have to balance the long term potential, with some ready made options for the here and now

Maybe a good idea to get him out on loan along with Lav, We defo need better next season so send em out to develope.

Don't know why, but the last word in that sentence made me think you said all that in a West Indian accent.

I think it's more a case of, how do we improve our prospects significantly With only one of the five contracted strikers, out of contract, how are we going to upgrade our strike force? If Madine goes, it will leave us with four, relatively young inexperienced strikers, who all struggled at this level. Looking at the four, all have a chance of making it, but I certainly wouldn't be confident of them leading us to promotion anytime soon. There's certainly no Wilson, Deeney, Vydra or even a Jerome amongst them. We have to balance the long term potential, with some ready made options for the here and now

In my view I think we need one new striker to compete with nuhiu and maybe another if we send someone out on loan. A lot of sides have five or six strikers anyhow