Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Jordan Willis from Coventry might be a good shout. 20 year old central defender who's made over 30 appearances for Coventry this season. I know they sit 17th in league 1, but their goals against column doesn't look too shabby- would make an ideal understudy to Lees, Loovens and/or Zayatte and/or one other experienced CB.

Yes, let's buy Swindon's midfield; they'll get us to the prem in no time.

Brentford and Bournemouth's seem to be doing them alright!

There's some decent players in league one, not suggesting we buy Swindons midfield but one of three, complemented with McGugan and other midfielders could set us up with a strong midfield!

If they're all under 24 then they're only going to get better, I'd love a bench full of promising 22 year olds (no euphemism intended!  lol )

If you want a more experienced CB to get on the first team- why not look to Europe? Eric Brotteghin's spent the last four years playing 30+ games in the Dutch top league for FC Groningen and guy is a giant. Would love him and Lees together with Melo in front: That defense would have the right mixture of pace and shear physicality and height to stop a lot

I don't care where they come from, as long as they are good footballers.

Our biggest issue next season will be expectation. People expect us to spend a few quid, and cruise to promotion. Personally, I expect us to spend a few quid, finish around 8th and hit the play offs the season after. I fully expect us to go through at least 2 managers, 40 players and a play off heartbreak prior to hitting the Premier League.

Maybe it's the experience of watching this club for a long time.

Guest wilyfox

So, if we do it on the cheap...we're doing a Burnley? If we buy from below, we're following Bournemouth or Brentford's lead?

We were told by Milan that Chansiri would be aggressive. Early signs suggest exactly that - noting his 2yr plan. I wouldn't expect him to copy anybody. I'm sure he has a strategy of his own. I doubt he recruited Pearson and Roeder to raid the lower leagues.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

The same Luongo being linked with Villa? You'd spend £2m on a centre-mid in addition to buying McGugan and retaining Kieran Lee?

Guest wilyfox

No which is why my original opinion was Gladwin would be a good signing. Don't understand what your point is?

Is he the second best midfielder in Swindon's team?

Yep but as you said would cost a lot and much more than Gladwin.

Kasim also for Swindon is another tidy player I'd have at Wednesday

F*ck me I'd have all their central midfield

lol

I'd much rather raid Preston.

Garner has been awesome this season.

Daniel Johnson looks absolute class. Left footed 22 year old they signed from Villa in January. 8 goals already from midfield. Definitely one to look out for.

Also Chris Humphrey. Fast powerful winger who can whip a reyt ball in.

Luongo is being linked with Prem teams. I would expect that we could pay 2M for him but he may well go for more than that.

Can't deny I'd love to see him here and yes, with Lee and McGugan. Chances are over the season, there will be plenty of need for rotation, injury cover and form. I shall just have to console myself with Leckie and Sainsbury. Wouldn't say no to Gladwin either. That name's got to be an omen.