Viv Anderson.

Guest Iron Hunter

True Story

There is a hotel in Darlington, I stayed there about 15 years ago, Viv was there with a lady, Im not sure it was his wife by the way.

Obviously being a Wednesday fan i recognised him straight away over evening meal.

Well, I retired back to my room with my lady, I then hear another lady across the corridor getting rather excited.

I looked through the spy hole on the door and there I see Viv going for it, he was giving it her good. She had both her hands on the door frame and Viv was behind her.

My lady then pretended to open the door and Viv and his lady jumped quickly inside their room.

After about ten minutes I heard her again, this time they were inside the room and VIv was on form that night going off the noises.

Good effort Viv.

lol

True Story

There is a hotel in Darlington, I stayed there about 15 years ago, Viv was there with a lady, Im not sure it was his wife by the way.

Obviously being a Wednesday fan i recognised him straight away over evening meal.

Well, I retired back to my room with my lady, I then hear another lady across the corridor getting rather excited.

I looked through the spy hole on the door and there I see Viv going for it, he was giving it her good. She had both her hands on the door frame and Viv was behind her.

My lady then pretended to open the door and Viv and his lady jumped quickly inside their room.

After about ten minutes I heard her again, this time they were inside the room and VIv was on form that night going off the noises.

Good effort Viv.

Good lad

lol

Edited by Blue and white

Remember his first game when he played at right back, was absolutely dreadful.

He was colossal in the centre though. Viv Viv Viv Viv Viv Viv

i saw him play at hull and i thought wtf we signed him for ....once he switched to centre half he was different class .

remember being underwhelmed when we signed him, thinking he were over the hill. 

but he was a pleasant surprise, viv was solid whenever i saw him play.

re Carlton, he was class at CB in that cup replay. actually, he was class at CB full stop, not just the cup final.

True Story

Good effort Viv.

:columbo:

True Story

Good effort Viv.

Good ole Viv!

Anderson was injured in the First game but was captain.

Palmer captained the replay, Anderson was injured and didn't play!

Phew thought my memory was going!  And the fact that Warhurst was forced to play CB caused a bit of a stir.  Didn't he threaten not to play and Waddle had to talk him round?

Remember his last minute headed winner against West ham at home in 91/92 - we were struggling but pilled on the pressure towards the kop and got two late goals.

Whilst we always played decent football, we could mix it up and with the likes of Viv, Pearson, Hirst and Shirtcliffe, always looked like we could score from set pieces. 

Viv, like Francis was fantastic business; typical of BR. 

Your right i need to stop drinking, seriously what was i thinking ? Getting senile, des walker looks nowr like viv anderson, MASSIVE face palm for myself.

I'll get mi coat :)

lol

Wonderful footballer and a pleasure to see at SWFC even at 35 years old.  People forget Viv has 2 European Cup winning medals - not many footballers can say that.

Was so calm and composed at centre half, one of those players who was brave as hell but also read the game so very well.  A menace in the opposition box as well from set plays.

Was apparently a truly terrible trainer who would do anything to get out of any fitness work.

Wonderful footballer and a pleasure to see at SWFC even at 35 years old.  People forget Viv has 2 European Cup winning medals - not many footballers can say that.

Was so calm and composed at centre half, one of those players who was brave as hell but also read the game so very well.  A menace in the opposition box as well from set plays.

Was apparently a truly terrible trainer who would do anything to get out of any fitness work.

lol