Viv Anderson.

Guest Iron Hunter

Yes!!

ds_icons_derek_griffiths_6.jpg

Derek Griffiths was one of my dad's best mates. Sadly it was before I was born so I don't have any fine anecdotes of him coming round for tea or anything.

Back on topic, I thought Viv Anderson's debut for us was at Millwall in the FA Cup. He scored to put us 4-3 up with a few minutes left, before Millwall equalised.

Back on topic, I thought Viv Anderson's debut for us was at Millwall in the FA Cup. He scored to put us 4-3 up with a few minutes left, before Millwall equalised.

I can't remember if that was his debut or not but he didn't score in that game. He did score in the replay when we won 2-0 though.

I remember Viv making his league debut for Forest in 74/75 against us at Hillsborough. He was a very lanky gangly 17 year old and we all though Eric Potts would absolutely rip him a new one. He got man of the match!

True Story

There is a hotel in Darlington, I stayed there about 15 years ago, Viv was there with a lady, Im not sure it was his wife by the way.

Obviously being a Wednesday fan i recognised him straight away over evening meal.

Well, I retired back to my room with my lady, I then hear another lady across the corridor getting rather excited.

I looked through the spy hole on the door and there I see Viv going for it, he was giving it her good. She had both her hands on the door frame and Viv was behind her.

My lady then pretended to open the door and Viv and his lady jumped quickly inside their room.

After about ten minutes I heard her again, this time they were inside the room and VIv was on form that night going off the noises.

Good effort Viv.

Are you sure this wasn't Kris Akabusi, all the story needed was that he patted her on the fanny and shouted awooga.

Used to love those stories.

Guest Iron Hunter

Read the other day that Samuel L Jackson is fed up of being mistaken for Viv Anderson...or was it Larry Fishbourne?