Having fallen for that one with Tommy Miller a few years ago, I very much doubt that we'd be suckered like that again. Much as Semedo has a heart like a lion and is totally committed to the cause, he is severely limited, and if we actually want to progress football wise, we need better than him in the team. If we keep such players because we like them, as opposed to because they're going to drive us on to the top tier, we're going to stay exactly where we are.

Having fallen for that one with Tommy Miller a few years ago, I very much doubt that we'd be suckered like that again. Much as Semedo has a heart like a lion and is totally committed to the cause, he is severely limited, and if we actually want to progress football wise, we need better than him in the team. If we keep such players because we like them, as opposed to because they're going to drive us on to the top tier, we're going to stay exactly where we are.

Are you serious? Semedo has been one of best players this season. Deserves at least another year.

Are you serious? Semedo has been one of best players this season. Deserves at least another year.

This^. Whilst I agree Semedo is limited compared to a Mcgugan, he's a very handy player to have in the squad as some games suit his battling qualities down to the ground.

Eh?

Possibly the worst post in the history of OT. Only people who don't understand football slag semedo off. Every team has a player like semedo...he does a job no one is else does and he does it very well. Worthy of a 2 year deal. If the rest of the midfield had done there jobs at other stages of the season, as good as him we would be seriously talking about playoffs!!

Good player now at this level. ..he has improved and adjusted to life in this league.

To get a better player to play his position would cost a fair bit.

Glad we are keeping him.

Plus he has a great song.

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

Surely trolling? lol

Getting loads of abuse, but I actually agree to an extent. I think he should be kept as a squad player for another season or so though, but if we are to progress we need better. It's obvious the job he does, but going forward you need a player/players to do the job he does and also offer much more. Wider range of passing, drive forward with the ball, release the ball much quicker etc. I like him and think he deserves a new deal, but long term going forward we need better and less limited players who can only do half a role that is necessary (even though he does that really well).

He is great at winning the ball back but unfortunately when you can only pass the ball 5 yards either side of you it puts other players under pressure. But I would keep him for now as he does a job but then replace him when we find a player who can then play them better passes and defend well( maybe melo )

People said the same when we got promoted, he has proven to be one of our most consistent performers and we are severely lacking without him in the side.

Semedo has been class this year and proved a lot of people wrong.

He has passion and desire. Although he may not technically be the best, every team needs a player like Semedo he does all the dirty work to allow your more technically gifted players do more further up the field.

Would be a great squad player to have next year

Possibly the worst post in the history of OT. Only people who don't understand football slag semedo off. Every team has a player like semedo...he does a job no one is else does and he does it very well. Worthy of a 2 year deal. If the rest of the midfield had done there jobs at other stages of the season, as good as him we would be seriously talking about playoffs!!

In all fairness, he didn't slag him off; he said he is limited. If you think that Semedo isn't limited, then its you that doesn't understand football.

I have my thoughts on Semedo, but to some extent he has proved me wrong when given freedom, but to say he has no limits is a tad deluded mate.

Is he worth a new contract? Absolutely yes. Should we build our promotion challenge around him? Absolutely not.

Edited by DuncOwl

That simply illustrates how poor our midfield has actually been. He's very limited, particularly against footballing sided. Watford at Hillsborough really proved that point.

That simply illustrates how poor our midfield has actually been. He's very limited, particularly against footballing sided. Watford at Hillsborough really proved that point.

I think your comments were bang on if referring to last season, he's definitely upped his game this season.

We look a much better side when he plays. He's definitely worthy of a squad place for next season.

Completely overhauling a squad that sits in 10th place with an incredible defensive record will just set us back another year. It needs some top players adding to it but not a complete overhaul.

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

Watford are one of those teams that can be bang average one week, but the week after look like world beaters. Our defensive record exists through our entire team defending as a team. We look a lot stronger when semedo plays. Every successful team has a 'destroyer' type player. It's finding a balance and with Mcgugan next to him it's working.