In or Out?

Guest uptheowls_wtid

Starting to lose patience now! As fans we want to be entertained. I'm not going to jump on his back because we've hit a winless streak but he needs to stop being so negative. 6 goal attempts with 2 on target against Derby's 18 and 7 on says it all, not to mention 2 goals from open play at Hillsborough all season.

I bought my kids season tickets to introduce them to the beautiful game, only it ain't so beautiful to watch the Owls this season. I find myself having to entertain the kids as the players are doing a terrible job. It really isn't good advertising Gray! Recent attendances are also starting to reflect this.

Gray has done a tremendous job steadying the ship, but for me, he has to change his negative philosophy and stop playing boring defensive football. I love the Owls and won't stop watching them no matter what but please, please entertain us with some attacking football. We don't care if we lose as long as we go down trying.

I have to make a 170 mile round trip to watch the boys at home with my kids (are we there yet?) after I relocated due to my job and I do it week in week out. Not gonna single out players, but if only they could show the same commitment!

Guest wilyfox

Out in the summer. Am I right in thinking this is our new owner's first venture into football? If so, they probably need to settle in themselves and learn the ropes before pulling the trigger. This season is fizzling out now anyway, so take their time to get decisions right.

Guest Deleted member

I like Stuart Gray. He's a man of integrity who the players seem to like, he was a breath of fresh air after the dour, poor man management of Dave Jones in his later days

Unfortunately Gray and his tactical naivety is costing us games, and the support is dwindling.

If we are going to really have a go under this new ownership I'd like to see us approach someone like Laudrup or Allardyce to take over in the summer. I do feel Gray should be given the rest of the season

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I know it may not be popular but i would like to see an attack minded manager such as Di Canio in. When you see what he acheived and was about to acheive at Swindon Town and how he was let down by the DoF at Sunderland I don't think there are many that could do better... despite his disagreeable politics.

Swindon were unbeaten for 15 and then lost one and then continued to win 10 on the bounce which is by far a record for them. He femands and gets the best from his players. Gets them very fit and gets the effort from them that supporters deserve. The question at Sunderland was that they didn't have the players they needed to perform at that level.

When he left Swindon they were on course for a second successive promotion too.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Out in the summer. Am I right in thinking this is our new owner's first venture into football? If so, they probably need to settle in themselves and learn the ropes before pulling the trigger. This season is fizzling out now anyway, so take their time to get decisions right.

This is why a firmly believe they should have kept Mandaric on as chairman as Mammadov had intended to do.

My main concern with the new owners not being involved in football before and being from Thailand is like many other football fans in that area of the world, they think football evolves around the Premier League, Manchester United and a handful of big names in the game and we end up with Roy Keane, Alan Shearer or Sven Goran Eriksson in charge.

Guest Deleted member

Di Canio has one season to point to in his managerial career, in League 2. Far too unproven for the job to get us in the Premiership

Di Canio has one season to point to in his managerial career, in League 2. Far too unproven for the job to get us in the Premiership

Agreed, I think he'd be too much of a gamble.

In my opinion we need someone with promotion to the Premier League on their CV, at present I'd go with Paul Lambert although if he became available I'd go for Nigel Pearson.

He was a cheap quick fix.

Served a purpose for Mandaric but there's no way we should go forward into a summer of rebuilding with Gray in charge.

No sentiment in football.

Yes, this for me.

Be ruthless Wednesday. I'm sick of being unlucky every week, sick of missing out on that player to another club.

If we are such a big club to many then it's time we started acting like one and started employing only the very best that we can afford.

We've waited 20 years for this.

Gray to stay.

Mid-table was the goal; he's on target to achieve it.

With better finishing and fewer mistakes by the players, and some better refereeing decisions , everyone would be hailing him as the next messiah.

Fine lines as they say but Gray deserves more time. The team will get out of this rut. Two goals against Derby may just have been the start of better things to come.

Megson,Neville,Zola, Allardyce to but a few.

Megson - looked on with nostalgia but the fact is his football was slagged off every week for being long and unattractive.

Neville - what? Grays not a proper manager but Neville, who hasn't managed, is?

Zola - has shown to be okay but inconsistent, however he can attract players so I'll accept that one.

Alladyce - lol who do you think we are?

Paul lambert - so we want more goals yeah? Let's give the man who couldn't get more goals than us with a far better squad and hugely coveted striker. We don't have that but you think his brand will be better?

Out of those only Zola makes the slightest bit of sense.

If the new owner(s) really want Premier League football then they need a manager who can deliver, with a proven track record.

Who ?  Well a month is a long time in football so who knows who will be available in a couple of months.

Gray has done a reasonable job but is limited so it's goodbye from me.

Gray to stay.

Mid-table was the goal; he's on target to achieve it.

With better finishing and fewer mistakes by the players, and some better refereeing decisions , everyone would be hailing him as the next messiah.

Fine lines as they say but Gray deserves more time. The team will get out of this rut. Two goals against Derby may just have been the start of better things to come.

lol

Talk about glass half full.

I can't see where the next win is coming from.