Ian Knight

Guest duediligence

Guest duediligence

Just been reading about him in another thread, my dad used to go on about how good he was. Wasn't he very young when his career was cut short?

I am just interested to know what made him stand out, why was he so good?

Thank you.

Guest duediligence

We said that about Mark Beevers though, not comparing because I never saw Knight play. Must have Been more to the story!

Edited by duediligence

Just been reading about him in another thread, my dad used to go on about how good he was. Wasn't he very young when his career was cut short?

I am just interested to know what made him stand out, why was he so good?

Thank you.

Looked a very good prospect, calm on the ball good in the air etc , but we were in the third division at that time so who knows how he would have progressed . 

I was sat in the South that night when that C_unt Bennet did him.  

Looked a very good prospect, calm on the ball good in the air etc , but we were in the third division at that time so who knows how he would have progressed .

I was sat in the South that night when that C_unt Bennet did him.

We weren't in the third, your memories shocking

I was too young to notice how good a player he was but remember seeing Bennett break his leg with the bone sticking out.

Got my picture in the star when they were lifting him into the ambulance behind the south stand too.

My dad always raved about how good he was and was gutted when his career was cut short like that.

We were in the first division when he played. First game I saw him play was Villa at home pretty sure he nut megged Andy Gray. He looked class had the lot tall, bit of pace, athletic, good on the ball. Different league to Beevers. Thought I was watching a future England player a bit like when I first saw Hirsty.

We were in the first division when he played. First game I saw him play was Villa at home pretty sure he nut megged Andy Gray. He looked class had the lot tall, bit of pace, athletic, good on the ball. Different league to Beevers. Thought I was watching a future England player a bit like when I first saw Hirsty.

This^^^ a real prospect in the Hirst bracket, not the Beevers, Humphries,Briscoe bracket.

I met him a few years later when he was Fooball In the community officer at Grimsby Town.

He sorted out a free day out for the kids team I played for and got the chance to play a six a side on the pitch at half time.

Nice bloke from what I remember. It was a great shame that his career was cut so short. My dad used to rave on about how good he was.