Gary Madine

From a cov fan. He is their best striker Presley rates him and would love to keep him but haven't got a pot to wee wee in and we are hoping someone will make a bid. Cov are hoping no one will and we will let him sign for free. Bit like us hoping no one will sign magugan so we can have him on loan

not a championship striker, not good enough. his level is the pub league. we need to ship him out ASAP to free up wages . 

Madine leaving would free up £5000 a week, with no money for transfers and being able to offer £5000 in wages who are you hoping to sign that's a world beater over Madine?

Guest Frickley Owl

Madine leaving would free up £5000 a week, with no money for transfers and being able to offer £5000 in wages who are you hoping to sign that's a world beater over Madine?

World beater vs general member of the public beater. Tee hee.

Gray doesn't like him and won't play him. Perhaps more importantly, apparently the chairman doesn't like him and doesn't want him to be played either. (That shouldn't come into it but I am sure it does).

I do think there is a championship player in there somewhere. I think Madine is the best player (who we've actually owned) in front of goal we've had since Steve MacLean. I would back him to convert chances over any of the other strikers we've got at the club at the moment. But the SWFC/Madine relationship is now so complicated, and he's got so much baggage, that I think it's for the best that he moves and has a fresh start.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Play him, why not?

Would be 5th choice as it sits. I'm guessing it's all just spin to try and get a fee for him.

Apparently a bad egg and negative influence, thought grays comments about not even needing him in the building were quite telling.

I'd rather give lavery and the new lad a chance tbh.

Guest WESTENDOWL

For about £10 i  could turn Madine into a very aggressive frightened of nothing centre forward at 1 o`clock on a Saturday give him 8 cans of Stella 

Edited by WESTENDOWL

Gray doesn't like him and won't play him. Perhaps more importantly, apparently the chairman doesn't like him and doesn't want him to be played either. (That shouldn't come into it but I am sure it does).

I do think there is a championship player in there somewhere. I think Madine is the best player (who we've actually owned) in front of goal we've had since Steve MacLean. I would back him to convert chances over any of the other strikers we've got at the club at the moment. But the SWFC/Madine relationship is now so complicated, and he's got so much baggage, that I think it's for the best that he moves and has a fresh start.

Which begs the obvious question

why the hell didnt Mandaric sack him when he was sent down . He would have been perfectly entitled to do so . 

Guest TommyTank

Gary Madine is no worse than our other options.

If we arent going to bring in an experienced frontman then keep him around. He should be allowed the same chances in the first team as May and Nuhiu.

We havent found a front pair that work well together, why not give Madine a run of games, what can it hurt?

He's scored goals at the lower level, if we were linked with a Striker at that level that was scoring we would be happy with it.

He's our player and he's never been given a run of games at this level, give him one last chance but a proper chance.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Gary scored some vital goals to get us up.

He has done little for us since. this happens to a lot of players, In the main i think most Wednesdayites like the guy and wish the situation was better .We have paid .8 of a million for Stevie May lets hope he goes on to prove some on here wrong the lad needs a Sheridan type midfilelder to gel with his runs

Westendowl,

I don't think most Wednesdayites like him.

What's to like.

He's a thug when he's had a few jars and wants to take on all of South Yorks Police.

He might be brave in his bevvy but he falls on his arris if a defender comes near him.

He has no work ethic. He wants it on a plate and if everything doesn't go his way he throw his toys out the pram.

He wears an Alice band in his hair. Now that's going to strike fear in the opposition defence.

He's desperate to move away from our club rather than get his head down and work despite the fact we stood by him when he got sent down.

Having said all that if he played for our team and scored goals on a regular team he would still be idolised. He doesn't and he isn't

The sooner he goes and this whole episode can be put to bed the better, it isnt doing the club or Mad `un any good. Its pretty clear he aint going to get a new contract ,so lets cut our losses ,let him go on a free and use the money saved on his wages to try and get another striker in , preferably one who has actually scored a league goal before.