Gary Madine

Let's hope he can proove majority of us all wrong

I hate turning back on players, especially seeing as Gary looked as though he turned a corner this season.

But I've heard the quoted sentence too many fuckig times now.

I think his time here is over, and it's not surprising

His main competitor is Nuhiu, who is far more effective

If we can get a fee then great, but even then it would only be nominal.

Let him stay with Coventry even if we need to pick up a portion of his wages for the rest of his contract

SG has shown he is willing to give players he believes can make a difference the opportunity to do so - clearly he doesn't feel this way about Madine

I think it's a little disingenuous to start calling him a bad apple and saying that you don't want him in the dressing room - ultimately it's his ability on the pitch that will decide if he has a right to be there

Guest wilyfox

Can't imagine they'll be another club willing to pay the same for the remainder of his contract, therefore we'd at least be subsiding a portion

They won't pay him the same, but they can offer the security of a long term contract.

Guest wilyfox

But a contract is a contract, so we have a commitment to him

The club have always been committed to him. I haven't implied or suggested otherwise. But it's easy to see his situation needs a resolution that best suits everybody. The current serves no-one well.

IMO I believe we would get more running from Madine that we do nuhiu,also all these balls into the box nuhiu has had an hes managed to clear them instead of scoring I think madine would have put at least half of them away.id get him back drop nuhiu an may for madine and lavery can't do any worse that what the other 2 have been doing

Jesus.

With Madine in the team we'd be doing too much defending to get any balls in the box. At least Nuhiu can keep the ball, and may stretches defences. Madine offers neither, nor does he offer anything better.

Add to that the squad is settled, we don't need that prima donna upsetting the mix again.

From a cov fan. He is their best striker Presley rates him and would love to keep him but haven't got a pot to wee wee in and we are hoping someone will make a bid. Cov are hoping no one will and we will let him sign for free. Bit like us hoping no one will sign magugan so we can have him on loan

Exactly

I think his time here is over, and it's not surprising

His main competitor is Nuhiu, who is far more effective

If we can get a fee then great, but even then it would only be nominal.

Let him stay with Coventry even if we need to pick up a portion of his wages for the rest of his contract

SG has shown he is willing to give players he believes can make a difference the opportunity to do so - clearly he doesn't feel this way about Madine

I think it's a little disingenuous to start calling him a bad apple and saying that you don't want him in the dressing room - ultimately it's his ability on the pitch that will decide if he has a right to be there

Yeah, I agree with the last bit. Gray doesn't seem to mind those sort of characters if they buy into the team ethic

I suppose he might have to if no one will cough up.

I suspect he will leave in the next loan window if nothing happens this month

As a player he's a curates egg and no mistake and now he sees himself with his own curates egg of a contract situation.

The biter bitten so they say.

Guest wilyfox

It's still a contract

And we are legally obliged to pay him the contracted amount

Not if there's a mutual termination enabling him to move elsewhere.