Owls and Blades battle it out over van Veen

"You're van Veen

You probably think this song is about you

Don't you?"

Yep, this is good.

And it works whether he turns out to be another Hirst (sung with a jocular "of course it is" tone) or another Olsen (sung with a mocking "you're not even worth singing about" tone).

Sign him.

Or like this:

"Right son, there are 2 clubs in for you. One plays in the English Championship., mid table side, whose fans don't know difference between Dutchman, and Belgian.

Would you like to apologise? Oh, of course it must be difficult with that foot in your mouth.

Malek, it happens to me as well mate.

Would you like to apologise? Oh, of course it must be difficult with that foot in your mouth.

Malek, it happens to me as well mate.

Fair play, made an a55 out of myself  :blush:  You can only imagine how confident I was to post that without checking. Was convinced for 10+ years that Loovens is a Belgian :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest Distraught!

Checked his stats though and he has played 208 games of professional football but has NEVER scored in the English Championship. Worrying.

Yep, I can see why this would be a worry.

He's not on his own mind, neither has Messi or Ronaldo.

lol

Checked his stats though and he has played 208 games of professional football but has NEVER scored in the English Championship. Worrying.

Yep, I can see why this would be a worry.

He's not on his own mind, neither has Messi or Ronaldo.

lol

Exactly. Wouldn't risk them either. Not proven at this level. 

Me neither. I can only assume malek's under the impression that either Loovens or this van Veen are Dutch.

By the way, lads, 'Veen' is pronounced more like English 'vain'. Sorry to spoil the songs!

We'll change his name to fit the song if we need to, it happened with Madine: "The chant was from Carlisle when I was younger, but to tell you the truth my name used to be Gary Madine [like wine] - but since goal machine rhymes with Madine they just call me that," he revealed. [http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15310862]

Guest conisbrough

The video of his first goal,could I ask if he comes with his own accordion band, if so will probably go down well wth South Stand.