Football Agent Monopoly - Help Needed

Can you do a Wednesday only version with Hirsty as Mayfair and Nuhiu as Old Kent Road.....or Clarke....no make it O'Grady......Olsen.....David Johnson (the one who went to hartlepool)...Woods..in fact don't do it, I've got depressed just thinking about that first strip!!

Starting at Mayfair and working back might be a better option

Hirst

Waddle

Nilsson

Walker

Smith

Hodge

Westwood

Springett

Atkinson

Charlton

Francis

etc

SHERIDAN!!!!!!!!!

There have been football releases of the Monopoly Game before (France World Cup was one of them) BUT this is absolutely cracking. A quick email to Hasbro with the completed product, and you never know! I would buy it for sure!

Certainly no libel cases waiting to happen there

I think you got a cracking idea going on here.

I would deffo play it, 

Thanks

In the original version you get assessed for street repairs dependent on the number of houses or hotels.

How about being assessed for tax avoidance in this version?

Good idea

Can you do a Wednesday only version with Hirsty as Mayfair and Nuhiu as Old Kent Road.....or Clarke....no make it O'Grady......Olsen.....David Johnson (the one who went to hartlepool)...Woods..in fact don't do it, I've got depressed just thinking about that first strip!!

Starting at Mayfair and working back might be a better option

Hirst

Waddle

Nilsson

Walker

Smith

Hodge

Westwood

Springett

Atkinson

Charlton

Francis

etc

Whilst I was halfway through doing this I was tempted to scrap the idea and make a Wednesday one instead, if this one goes well then I might be tempted. Would cause some reight arguments over player selections though.

There have been football releases of the Monopoly Game before (France World Cup was one of them) BUT this is absolutely cracking. A quick email to Hasbro with the completed product, and you never know! I would buy it for sure!

Certainly no libel cases waiting to happen there

Thanks Wayne, yeah this is my concern as well, it would be extremely difficult to make an official version of the game even for Hasbro as getting all the licences for the players photos etc would be difficult. If they did do it I'd imagine it would end up with fictional players which would be rubbish really.

Thanks for the latest ones, still a few places left, also feel free to suggest something that has already been taken to knock someone off the list.

Advance to go "The Transfer window opens, advance to go"

Advance to go - “Advance to go - your client makes his first International appearance”

Collect 10 - â€œYou have won second prize in a beauty drinking contest. Collect £10.”

Collect 10 from each player

Collect 100 - "Your client replaces Joe Hart as face of head and shoulders - collect 100"

Collect 100 - "You secure a contract for Wim Jonk that gives an appearance bonus for matches missed through injury. Collect 100"

Collect 100 - “Your client releases a Hip Hop record - collect 100”

Collect 150

Collect 20 “Your supermodel girlfriend is asked to take part in Big Brother - collect.”

Collect 200 - "Bung handed over in brown paper bag - collect £200"

Collect 200 - "Negotiate a clients contract with P Ridsdale - collect 200 in extra commission"

Collect 200 - “You advise your player to force a transfer- collect £200”

Collect 200

Collect 50 - "Luis Suarez bites your player, collect £50 from selling photos of the bite"

Collect 50 - "H Redknapp describes your client as "Triffic" from his car on deadline day - collect 50"

Get out of jail free - "You employ Arry's solicitor - Get out of jail free"

Get out of jail free - "Your uncle gets a top job at FIFA - Get out of jail free."

Go back 3 spaces - "You only negotiated a 5% bonus - Go back 3 spaces"

Go to jail – "You and a client goes on night out with G Madine – Go to jail"

Go to jail - "You're caught supplying your client with clean wee wee - Go to jail."

Pay 10 "Your cousin tells you he can bribe a player to pick up a yellow card. Pay 25 to take part "

Pay 100 - “You accidentally buy Peter Beardsley's image rights, pay £100”

Pay 150 - "You are sued by Sheffield United for no reason, pay £150"

Pay 15 - "Your client is not George Weah's cousin, pay £15"

Pay 20 - â€œJohn Terry caught sleeping with your Wife, Pay £100 divorce legal fees”

Pay 25 - "Your client is prematurely balding, pay £25 for new hair plugs"

Pay 25 per house & 100 per hotel

Pay 40 per house & 115 per hotel - "The property deal you advised your client on is actually a scam - Pay 40 per house & 115 per hotel" 

Pay 50 - "Your Mrs caught you cheating, pay £200 for a holiday"

Pay 50 - "Your client uses racist language in tweet - pay 50"

Guest conisbrough

Your players visit childrens hospital - collect £100

Win community award for good work in community - collect £100

Your client caught on video smoking and drinking - pay £50

Caught giving bung to a manager - pay £100

Jonathan Hope football agent follows youon twitter and claims to be a friend - pay £100

Guest eggsarnie

Your client buys a house in upmarket Cheshire, and then has it coated in carbon fibre to match his range rover, pay £25 per house and 100 per hotel

Love it! When can I buy one??

Presumably the house/hotel thing doesn't work if you replace land/streets with players. How about the idea of being able to tie your players down to long term contracts with you once you have the group/set (1 house becomes a 1 yr contract). An opponent landing on one of your players pays compo for "tapping up" your player (longer the contract, the higher the compo). Same mechanic, different story.

Get on Dragon's Den lad :)

Boot for house, shirt for squad + captains band to double up 1 per player

After an enormous amount cutting, sticking, printing and trips to Hobby Craft and B&Q, I am pleased to announce that Football Agent Monopoly has been completed! 

Thanks for all the suggestions for the Chance and Community Chest cards. The following people's suggestions made it into the final game.

Last_Great_Hope x4 

Professor Erno 

SInner

Musn't Grumble

McRightside

Chairboy Dan

kingscross2hirst

nethertonowl

The board in poster form before it was mounted on to wood. 

post-24175-0-14177700-1419952118_thumb.j

Some of the Chance and Community Chest cards, I've deliberately shown some of the tamer ones as some of them would be libellous if shown on here. (especially ones involving David Pleat and Nigel Clough).

post-24175-0-26908300-1419952182_thumb.j

For the properties cards I replaced the 'Houses' with 'Contracts' and the 'Hotels' with 'Bonus'

post-24175-0-16375500-1419952235_thumb.j

post-24175-0-37630200-1419952359_thumb.j

The replacement Houses and Hotels (This is the point where the costs really started to spiral out of control).

post-24175-0-43329100-1419952411_thumb.j

The poster was cut into quarters and mounted on to 6mm MDF. The Gaffer tape round the sides protects the edges and stops the board moving around on the table.

post-24175-0-90934300-1419952561_thumb.j

post-24175-0-21864500-1419952634_thumb.j

post-24175-0-00211700-1419952692_thumb.j

post-24175-0-01555200-1419953811_thumb.j

It's been a ridiculous waste of time in many ways but I'm happy with the finished product. If I'd realised at the start how much time and money it would have cost then I would have invented my own board game. 

We had our first game on Christmas day and it seemed to go down well with the family. (I managed to buy Pele and Maradonna early in the game so was able to destroy everyone).

Now that I have all the templates etc I might make a Wednesday one in the future.

Cheers for the help.