GRAY OUT

Guest wilyfox

He needs to acknowledge our problem in the middle of the park. We don't have pace up top, so we can't afford to bypass the midfield. We need to play through; Semedo isn't good enough at that, Lee is off form, and Coke doesn't show. With Hutch out, we have a problem.

Just because we have started better than last season shouldn't mean we have to just accept whatever is being served up.

Let me put it this way, if I didn't have a season ticket and I looked at the cost for me and my son to watch Wednesday v Bournemouth on Tuesday week, I doubt that I'd be going. Our home form is a major concern and shouldn't be brushed aside just because we are doing better than last season. The attendances are a stark reflection of that.

I like Stuart Gray, smashing bloke, very knowledgable and I don't know of anyone who could do any better given the restraints he's probably having to work under. What really baffles me tho' is in the close season, we were awaiting the takeover going through and had Keith Andrews and that young foreign midfielder lined up to sign, then it all went pair shaped. Since then, we've signed players, but not anyone that would benefit us the most........a decent central midfielder, so that surely has to be down to the manager. Also of late, the tactics and substitutions have been extremely baffling and that also is down to the manager. Since the Bolton away game, which was one of the most one sided games I've witnessed, if we weren't going to score in a game like that, then that was the one to set the alarm bells ringing for future games when we would have few chances to score, and so it's proved. Yesterday was as boring a spectacle for a while.........and how many saves did Ruddy have to make? It was very poor and worrying how we are to turn it around.Its as if SG has lost his focus and doesn't know his best line up, cos the players confidence at home is not what it should be.

as i said he is not without criticism  

however Paul just look at your post and try to work out yourself why we had several players not just those lined up then when the takeover stalled  so did the list of players and we resort to aldi again -  " surely down to the manager" ?

camffiti, on 18 Oct 2014 - 4:11 PM, said:

When we settle back down, to where we should be, people are going to start on Gray again

After a(nother) summer of cutbacks ...

People need to move on from the notion that we're (slowly) building our way back to the Prem. It's not building, when you sell / give back, your best performing players every year. 

It's putting unrealistic pressure on our succession of managers

Norwich, Southampton, Wolves & even Bristol City, have shown / are showing, how to react to relegation to League 1 ... 

Both Sheffield clubs have reacted differently to the above.

In reality, we're all just waiting for a more committed owner (including Milan himself) ... Or for the money structure of football to implode - Whichever comes first.

Just because we have started better than last season shouldn't mean we have to just accept whatever is being served up.

Let me put it this way, if I didn't have a season ticket and I looked at the cost for me and my son to watch Wednesday v Bournemouth on Tuesday week, I doubt that I'd be going. Our home form is a major concern and shouldn't be brushed aside just because we are doing better than last season. The attendances are a stark reflection of that.

But how would you expect us to start given the resources we have? Tweaks are needed yes, we need to be more adventurous at home and perhaps the team could be switched around a bit, but there is no need for wholesale changes like getting rid of Gray, that's only going to create more needless instability. Gray knows as well as the rest of us that things aren't perfect but we just drew with a top side in this division. If Bournemouth and Rotherham batter us at home then I'll probably agree with you.

Gray out?........this just has to be tongue in cheek, either that or it's a stupid attempt to gain some perverted sort of attention.

There is absolutely no doubt that he has done well so far, albeit by exceeding expectations.

His clearout and early aquisitions were astute to say the least.....Lees and Westwood between them have secured probably 10 or 12 points alone. It was only when the takeover stalled that recruitment didn't match the early promise.

With what he has at his disposal he has unquestionably over achieved.......and he is light years ahead of our last incumbent in terms of likability, straightforwardness and honesty.........for crying out loud, change the habit of a lifetime and give the bloke a break!

Gray out?........this just has to be tongue in cheek, either that or it's a stupid attempt to gain some perverted sort of attention.

There is absolutely no doubt that he has done well so far, albeit by exceeding expectations.

His clearout and early aquisitions were astute to say the least.....Lees and Westwood between them have secured probably 10 or 12 points alone. It was only when the takeover stalled that recruitment didn't match the early promise.

With what he has at his disposal he has unquestionably over achieved.......and he is light years ahead of our last incumbent in terms of likability, straightforwardness and honesty.........for crying out loud, change the habit of a lifetime and give the bloke a break!

End of thread

But how would you expect us to start given the resources we have? Tweaks are needed yes, we need to be more adventurous at home and perhaps the team could be switched around a bit, but there is no need for wholesale changes like getting rid of Gray, that's only going to create more needless instability. Gray knows as well as the rest of us that things aren't perfect but we just drew with a top side in this division. If Bournemouth and Rotherham batter us at home then I'll probably agree with you.

Bournemouth might the way they are banging them in , :rolleyes:

Edited by trevdi9

My only concern is we have hope and drenthe on loan and stu doesn't seem to rate them enough to put them in the starting 11 every week.Now we have GTF.

We need players who can come in and play in the starting 11.

Funds are limited so surely we shouldn't be filling our loan slots with subs.

He's took the praise when he deserves it. But it hasn't been good enough. Too much of the same passing that goes nowhere, it's repetitive and I find myself knowing what's going to happen.

I pay to be entertained and gone games have been anything but. Not 1 goal from open play at home! That's horrific.

This is one of the most boring periods I've ever had as a season ticket holding and have never looked less forward to going to matches in my life!

Where as we have had relegation battles to fight  over the last 2 seasons, it's nice to be bored.