GRAY OUT

havent read this total thread but seen enough  I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with some of you fickle barstewards

SG did a remarkable job last year

tumbleweed from above

spectacularly this season  with an aborted close season recruitment

we sell our only cutting edge

we get the expected injuries to a paper thin squad

tumbleweed from above

with fairer reffing and a shade of luck we could have been top  

we get destroyed by City the confidence hits the deck 

tumbleweed from above

Dont be fooled by him having to make silly statements in press conferences, wtf can he say and stay in the job?

I agree it's sh*t to watch and boring non effectual stuff   I'm not blaming SG yet ?  just look up the road at elland road knee jerk managerial support doesnt work 

Well this is a sad day.

As fans we're not allowed to question or expect better.

oh yes you are from the right place

I'm not shooting you down Arthur  I've had my say -it's all about opinions - enjoy your collective fickleness

oh yes you are from the right place

I'm not shooting you down Arthur  I've had my say -it's all about opinions - enjoy your collective fickleness

Fickleness?

This time last year I was saying this time next year we'll be right back where we started.

It's just some fans don't want to hear the truth.

Fickleness?

This time last year I was saying this time next year we'll be right back where we started.

It's just some fans don't want to hear the truth.

serious question as I dont catalogue your view -just what is your version of the truth ?    you didn't like DJ ?  you don't like SG or you didn't appreciate the remarkable job he did saving us or That MM is not financially able to support a viable championship club ?

Gray needs a decent squad of players.

Meantime, his job is to get the best out of the cheapos, freebies, crocks, and loanees he receives as his tools of the trade.

We have to accept Gray is no miracle worker.

Unfortunately, Milan may decide his best purchase would be another unproven miracle worker.

Abd round and round we go.

Back to the same discussion about investment vs we have no money.

Hiya Mr Murray.

Edited by theowlsman

I said at the time that we got rid of Jones that we needed a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. By keeping the same coach, the same problems would still be there, the same tactics will be there, the same mistakes will be there.....and they are.

I'm not saying Gray should be sacked, he is doing an OK job, but that's just it....OK.

I really dont get this over achieving nonsense either. We have won once at home all season, we are mid table and slipping. Overachieving would be playoffs or fighting automatic.

We need a good manager as well as a good coach.

Hey, we do need to keep some perspective here. Improvements have been made all over the club, the results and performances of the academy/development sides, are testament to that. At first team level, with limited resources, compared to most in this division, Gray has organised the defensive side of our game, so much so, that we are considered one of the toughest sides to beat in the division The next step will be far more challenging. Creative and attacking players do not come cheap and our chairman has no desire to push the boat out in the way that, say, Bournemouth have. Imagine what we could have achieved with an extra £3 million in the budget. A Callum Wilson is exactly the type of player who could have elevated us to promotion contenders.

I said at the time that we got rid of Jones that we needed a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. By keeping the same coach, the same problems would still be there, the same tactics will be there, the same mistakes will be there.....and they are.

I'm not saying Gray should be sacked, he is doing an OK job, but that's just it....OK.

I really dont get this over achieving nonsense either. We have won once at home all season, we are mid table and slipping. Overachieving would be playoffs or fighting automatic.

TBH  I agree with some of this I didnt really want SG either  but after finding out who MM had offered the job to I think I preferred him.

Then like MM i warmed to him -I don't remember anyone, not one person, saying he didn't do a good job last year and early season despite and I know this him having to scrap a whole list of deals

As for your comment  over achieving nonsense - IMO we are a lower 10 side at best that over performed early on this season due to team spirit and inspired coaching   you really have to acknowledge the lack of numbers SG has to work with and the  oh so obvious injuries we picked up give him few options.

My criticism of MM is not that he's a scrooge, more that he just hasn't the ability to compete with parachute clubs in this division the amount of which grows every year - here lies the prob with MM selling up: the only people that seem to be around are the Yus, HMs and Cellinos of this world 

Excellent post.

If we were top having lost one game all season I would be questioning why we lost that game - maybe I'm detached and ruthless but I'm here to get pally with any manager or coach. I'm also not willing to settle for a lower half finish just because we have a lower half budget.

Too many clubs on lesser budgets and resources are able to humiliate us due to their sheer resolve.

Exactly the same kind of managers also, are able to wind up the Wednesday fans as being arrogant or deluded when in reality their have something we have lacked for many, many years.

I don't expect us to change overnight but our current thumb twiggling is getting tiresome.

SG tactics are one dimensional, probably due to the players he has, or has chosen to assemble. He may see this as the only game in town due to his budget. We are tight and don't concede like we have over recent years, which is a good thing. Unfortunately, it's an 'away' set-up we deploy, which doesn't work at home, and fans do demand better; they want some excitement and entertainment or they'll stop going and the rot sets in. The only question for me is, if he did have players for a plan B, is he brave enough to use them.

I'm sure SG's objective from MM this season is for cicra 58 points and mid table; and for that he's probably on target - entertaining the home fans is unfortunately a luxury.

TBH  I agree with some of this I didnt really want SG either  but after finding out who MM had offered the job to I think I preferred him.

Then like MM i warmed to him -I don't remember anyone, not one person, saying he didn't do a good job last year and early season despite and I know this him having to scrap a whole list of deals

As for your comment  over achieving nonsense - IMO we are a lower 10 side at best that over performed early on this season due to team spirit and inspired coaching   you really have to acknowledge the lack of numbers SG has to work with and the  oh so obvious injuries we picked up give him few options.

My criticism of MM is not that he's a scrooge, more that he just hasn't the ability to compete with parachute clubs in this division the amount of which grows every year - here lies the prob with MM selling up: the only people that seem to be around are the Yus, HMs and Cellinos of this world

We started well under Gray last season, but we went for a long period without a win. The excuse was that we were safe from relegation, nothing to play for. Some posters got slated for suggesting that this was unacceptable. For me it was a warning sign that the players had burnt out and tat we were one dimensional.

The same thing is happening this season, only the excuse is budget this time.

Gray is and will always be a caretaker manager of this club whilst MM is owner and he's going nowhere and that's the plan. Milan may be a few things but he's not an idiot and he won't truly believe Gray is the man to get a club promoted to the premier league. He's leaving him in charge to coach the players whilst he sells the club and the new owners will get rid of Gray quickly enough. It's frustrating but at the moment we are all stuck in limbo until a takeover is actually completed and we can start a new. Personally I am still hoping one morning it will be announced Mammadov has got his money so something exciting can happen at our club.

Right this thread is utterly pointless and stupid, Panicking already. 

Lets look at the facts, We're 4 point's off Play-off's and 8 of Relegation, This time last season we had 11 point's, we're 8 point's off better than we were.

We've conceded 11, Last season we had conceded 23. 

We're not playing to our full potential yes, but were still getting result's against top teams. 

Gray after 44 Championship League games he's managed to get us 68 point's. Dave Jones after 44 Championship league games had 55 point's. 

But some of you lot want Gray out?  :laugh:  :rolleyes:

I like Stuart Gray, smashing bloke, very knowledgable and I don't know of anyone who could do any better given the restraints he's probably having to work under. What really baffles me tho' is in the close season, we were awaiting the takeover going through and had Keith Andrews and that young foreign midfielder lined up to sign, then it all went pair shaped. Since then, we've signed players, but not anyone that would benefit us the most........a decent central midfielder, so that surely has to be down to the manager. Also of late, the tactics and substitutions have been extremely baffling and that also is down to the manager. Since the Bolton away game, which was one of the most one sided games I've witnessed, if we weren't going to score in a game like that, then that was the one to set the alarm bells ringing for future games when we would have few chances to score, and so it's proved. Yesterday was as boring a spectacle for a while.........and how many saves did Ruddy have to make? It was very poor and worrying how we are to turn it around.Its as if SG has lost his focus and doesn't know his best line up, cos the players confidence at home is not what it should be.

Guest tha_knows

Gray is and will always be a caretaker manager of this club whilst MM is owner and he's going nowhere and that's the plan. Milan may be a few things but he's not an idiot and he won't truly believe Gray is the man to get a club promoted to the premier league. He's leaving him in charge to coach the players whilst he sells the club and the new owners will get rid of Gray quickly enough. It's frustrating but at the moment we are all stuck in limbo until a takeover is actually completed and we can start a new. Personally I am still hoping one morning it will be announced Mammadov has got his money so something exciting can happen at our club.

Christ no if there is to be a takeover then Mammadov is the last person I would want to see at Hillsborough, look at the problems lens are going through at the moment.