Gary Taylor Fletcher

Do you think that is the best way to get the most out of either player? GTF's best attribute is his vision and passing. He has no pace, isn't a clinical finisher but he does have an uncanny ability to put his strike partner in on goal. Unless we are going to bring in another striker to play with GTF, then it probably has to be May. If May's job is to replace GTF for the last 20 mins only, we are not really harnessing his talent. Nuhiu simply won't be able to run in on goal, it's not his game.

Drenthe and Maguire can get onto GTF's through balls. Nuhiu would be there to hold the ball up for the others.

I don't think we can play May and GTF as a pair. Neither can win a header.

Plus, I'm struggling to see what May's talent actually is a this point. The 20 mins was just because GTF's legs will have gone by then. Madine might be a better bet than May; but that won't do much to bring May on.

Drenthe and Maguire can get onto GTF's through balls. Nuhiu would be there to hold the ball up for the others.

I don't think we can play May and GTF as a pair. Neither can win a header.

Plus, I'm struggling to see what May's talent actually is a this point. The 20 mins was just because GTF's legs will have gone by then. Madine might be a better bet than May; but that won't do much to bring May on.

Well I was an advocate of May from the bench but this weeks signing of GTF muddies the water a bit. Nuhiu up front on his own, holding the ball up for three midfielders, Maguire, Drenthe and Maghoma to move onto. If anything, we needed a player with pace if we were going to play two up. We now have four forwards who are all a bit one paced

Maybe its the hyphen....We decided to get him cos his name is hyphenated..

I know some may see see this as desperate, but theres loads of famous folk with hyphenated names...So Milan put it to Stu...

an' Stu said "tell me one hyphenated name that can bloody shoot..

an Milan said "Lee Harvey Oswald..."...then followed it up with "James Earl Ray"...So Stu had to bow to his superior knowledge of hyphen stuff thingy...

Now you know why Camilla Parker Bowles is playin' up front wiv Nuhiu at Charlton...thought i'd break the news gently..........

Didn't they mention Lee van Cleef? Proper Dutch marksman.

He has been brought in for his experience .

I am pretty sure he will start the next game alongside May and this will help May a lot more than playing alongside Nuhiu or Madine and hopefully mean we play further up the pitch.

He has had a few good games against us in the past.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Bet we bought him cos theres a shedload of hyphens left in the club shop since Barry Murphy left....forward thinkin'

thats a first for the sellin' side.......

Not creative though... they could have turned em on end and used em for billy sharpe...

Gray needs to get back on the phone and try and get another forward in, one with a bit of pace would be good. Get one of the others, probably Madine, out on loan. Defenders will be looking at our 4 forwards knowing that they can afford to defend high up the pitch because I don't think any of our players coulld manage to run from the half way line

Defenders will be looking at our 4 forwards knowing that they can afford to defend high up the pitch because I don't think any of our players coulld manage to run from the half way line

This is one of the things that struck me yesterday- particularly in the first half. The threat of us scoring is so low it's just going to invite more pressure as opposing teams realise they can commit more men forward.

At the moment we're a bit like a boxer who doesn't have the punch to gain respect from his opponent and as a consequence just gets bullied until his back is against the ropes.

This is one of the things that struck me yesterday- particularly in the first half. The threat of us scoring is so low it's just going to invite more pressure as opposing teams realise they can commit more men forward.

At the moment we're a bit like a boxer who doesn't have the punch to gain respect from his opponent and as a consequence just gets bullied until his back is against the ropes.

Good analogy, that's just what we're like

Just typical of Wednesdayites to get on a players back before he's even kicked a ball for us.

If i didn't know better i'd have thought i was on pigsmad.

Would the same people who are slagging the guy off be doing the same if he'd wrapped his foot round the half chance he had & we'd won 1-0.

I'm sure the players themselves must read these comments & think what a set of morons we have as supporters.

I give a lot of credit to the guy for coming & trying to help us out.

He could just as easily sat on his arse at Leicester & picked up a wage.

Our own strikers are hardly setting the league on fire' so give him a chance to see how he does.

before you all go into GTF meltdown.

Edited by owls4effa

Just typical of Wednesdayites to get on a players back before he's even kicked a ball for us.

Would the same people who are slagging the guy off be doing the same if he'd wrapped his foot round the half chance he had & we'd won 1-0.

I'm sure the players themselves must read these comments & think what a set of morons we have as supporters.

Our own strikers are hardly setting the league on fire' so give him a chance to see how he does.

This....well said fella!!!

Would the same people who are slagging the guy off be doing the same if he'd wrapped his foot round the half chance he had & we'd won 1-0.

Yep, over reaction