Stevie May

Enlighten me where he made any of these runs yesterday then cos I sure as hell didn't see it. He had a couple of opportunities to run beyond the last man but had neither the pace nor strength to get past

I saw it twice yesterday for sure. Once when Maghoma was going on one of his sideways runs to get a shot in, May spun off the last man and pointed to where he wanted it which would have put him in on goal but Maghoma didn't look up. I'm not saying May is a world beater but we need to stop trying to score worldies from distance and be a bit clever in the final third. I'm getting bored of watching us lump it up to Nuhiu and Madine's head or trying to shoot from 30 yards out.

I cant see this poor player thats not good enough.

Even though the midfield is pretty stale at times and hes not banging them in I can see he is a good player.

Hes no Hirst but then we are a championship team.Not many hirstys in this league.

We need a cm and a striker that can play along side him.

Nuhiu is ok but not got that hunger and edge for me.

We need someone with a bit of arrogance.

At the moment, our forward options are Madine, May and Nuhiu.

Let's not single out May.

How many goals do you anticipate they'll get between them by the end of the season?

We've known for how long exactly that we need a couple of strikers who can realistically manage 20 goals each at this level?

And Milan did his usual talking up of the possibility of signing at least one striker of this ilk in advance of season tickets going on sale.

Have we addressed this? No.

Is Gray still saying we need strikers? Yes.

Are his requests being acted upon? No.

Will they be acted upon? Yes, but not until the pressure to do so mounts up. You know how he operates.

mate wednesday fans always love a player to blame 

is he still stuck out on the wing,just asking ,if so why, he's a box man or there abouts ,he shouldn't have to chase all over the shop to get the ball ,while ever he is doing that he will score very little also strikers thrive on decent service , if it's not coming how the hell will he score goals ,oh and in the box you don't need loads of pace speed of thought usually wins the day ,outhinkthecm and you are two thirds there ,

is he still stuck out on the wing,just asking ,if so why, he's a box man or there abouts ,he shouldn't have to chase all over the shop to get the ball ,while ever he is doing that he will score very little also strikers thrive on decent service , if it's not coming how the hell will he score goals ,oh and in the box you don't need loads of pace speed of thought usually wins the day ,outthink the cm and you are two thirds there ,

is he still stuck out on the wing,just asking ,if so why, he's a box man or there abouts ,he shouldn't have to chase all over the shop to get the ball ,while ever he is doing that he will score very little also strikers thrive on decent service , if it's not coming how the hell will he score goals ,oh and in the box you don't need loads of pace speed of thought usually wins the day ,outhinkthecm and you are two thirds there ,

Spot on Trev. He's wasted in our side at the moment. He'd have 10 already if he was playing for Watford.

is he still stuck out on the wing,just asking ,if so why, he's a box man or there abouts ,he shouldn't have to chase all over the shop to get the ball ,while ever he is doing that he will score very little also strikers thrive on decent service , if it's not coming how the hell will he score goals ,oh and in the box you don't need loads of pace speed of thought usually wins the day ,outthink the cm and you are two thirds there ,

someone take the plus off pressed by mistake :blush:

Owlstalk is amazing. A few weeks ago, I posted my dissatisfaction at the way May was playing and stated that he needed to spend more time occupying the penalty area rather than chasing everything in the final third, and for posting that I was told that I was a fanny, negged massively and told I knew fvvcckk all about football.

I want my points back, an apology and an forum wide acknowledgement that I know what I'm talking about!

I posted my dissatisfaction at the way May was playing and stated that he needed to spend more time occupying the penalty area rather than chasing everything in the final third

I think Gray sends our strikers out to defend from the front, i.e chase down a lot of lost causes.  That comes from Gray.  

I see the point from where you are coming from, but in order to get in a position where we can leave our strikers up top is a luxury we don't have at the moment.  

As we seem to like to defend from the front, logically speaking it means we should attack from the back.  I don;t mean our defenders should be attacking in that sense as it is their job to defend, but we do need some of our defenders chipping in with a few goal to help our strikers.  In the past we've had Reda, Llera and Rob Jones would always contribute with a fair few goals, we don't seem to have that at the moment.