What's the most memorable league match you've been to?

Other than the obvious BDM (26th December 1979), I reckon that the League match midweek away at Brighton at the old Goldstone Ground during the promotion season of '90-'91 was one to remember.

Brighton director, Des Lynam, tried to introduce Chris Eubank to the crowd at half-time only to be totally drowned out by chants of "One Bomber Graham" from the Wednesday fans.

Wednesday won 4-0 in one of the most one-sided matches you'd ever see. Had we won 14-0, Brighton couldn't have had any complaints.

16 October 2011, at the Stain.  2-2.  Never been so happy to get a draw in all my life.  And they were hanging on at the end.  Amazing atmosphere.

:danny-wilson:

Good one, mate!  I was at Hillsborough in the concourse watching this and the place erupted.  Beer n cider dripping off the ceiling well after the full-time whistle

Other than the obvious BDM (26th December 1979), I reckon that the League match midweek away at Brighton at the old Goldstone Ground during the promotion season of '90-'91 was one to remember.

Brighton director, Des Lynam, tried to introduce Chris Eubank to the crowd at half-time only to be totally drowned out by chants of "One Bomber Graham" from the Wednesday fans.

Wednesday won 4-0 in one of the most one-sided matches you'd ever see. Had we won 14-0, Brighton couldn't have had any complaints.

Remember it very well,Travelled on ICO Coach no 3.Nearly 1,500 fans travelling on a 480 mile round trip for a mid-week game was a fantastic effort. :biggrin:

SWFC 5 - 1 West Ham.  Waddle at his pompous best.  Made Burrows look an absolute mug.  By a weird twist of fate me old man had treated us to seats in the South Stand (when we usually sat in the Kop) for that game and I was about 20 yds from the wizardry. Never forget that game.

it was 5-0

Guest minsk owl

The Wednesday 5........Man United.........4

Att: 51,931

Jack Whitham 3

John Ritchie

Own Goal

And Don had one disallowed for a Phantom offside.

This ............ and four days later, we lost 3-1 away to Exeter, ( not a league match, i know ) ..... but the trip home was certainly memorable

Apart from the obvious promotions & steel city derbies...I will never forget that 4-4 draw with Huddersfield for as long as I live.

I lost my job basically due to that match. I had agreed with a manager the week before that I could leave at 1.

The manager in question was ill that Saturday and this other manager said I couldn't go. I went anyway as it had been bloody agreed!

As frustrating as the end of the match was, it was a fantastic game.

My first away day win is also a massive memory for me. 4-0 away to Donny at Belle Vue. Very good day out!

Swfc v palace, winner stays up.

2 things il never forget... Bullen stoping the ball from crossing the line, then Jeffers pulling out of the header at the last min to send us down!

God it still hurts!

Jeffers had to move his forehead 4 inches in a forward direction...4 inches...under half a foot...in a forward motion..WE stay up...tw &t!

Apart from the obvious promotions & steel city derbies...I will never forget that 4-4 draw with Huddersfield for as long as I live.

I lost my job basically due to that match. I had agreed with a manager the week before that I could leave at 1.

The manager in question was ill that Saturday and this other manager said I couldn't go. I went anyway as it had been bloody agreed!

As frustrating as the end of the match was, it was a fantastic game.

My first away day win is also a MASSIVE memory for me. 4-0 away to Donny at Belle Vue. Very good day out!

That's also happened to me of going to a match recently, when i was asked to work on Sat  12hr shift 6am-6pm instead of a 8hr shift 6 days later i'd got the boot because the gaffer saw me as being Inflexible.

Millwall away at the Old Den in October 1990. My dad took me as my eleventh birthday 'treat' (we lived south of London and Dad was an Arsenal fan, so match opportunities were very rare for me). We'd been unbeaten in the league up until then and were 2-0 up at half-time, but Roly had been stretchered off and I think we lost three of our back four to injury during the game. Millwall tore the remains of our defence apart in the second half and ended up winning 4-2.

It was the first time I'd seen us lose, and the day I realised how it really felt to be a Wednesday fan.

The last game of the '74 - '75 season. Derby County were playing Carlisle United at the Baseball Ground. Carlisle, as they had done for almost all of that season, footballed Derby to death (Carlisle at that time are still played the most attractive football I've ever seen from an English football team on a regular basis), but lost. Derby were confirmed as First Division champions that day, and Carlisle were relegated. On the day you'd have thought that Carlisle were champions and Derby were the team to be relegated. Great game, rubbish result.