What's the most memorable league match you've been to?

Rubbish with dates, but games that immediately came to mind are

Ipswich away first game of season 91/2? Had to climb over fence cos got squashed.

Chelsea away semi final 90? Had a gun pulled on me.

Everton fa cup reply late 80s? Got stuffed but my first experience of being suffocated to death on the Kop.

Man utd home boxing day early 90s 3-3. And

Man utd home early 90s won 3-2. Amazing games.

Pigs at lane 93? 1-1. Hirst scored. Watched first 10 mins from John street before sprinting through open barrier with chief peppa pig after me.

More recently pigs away 2-2. Felt like a win.

Edited by Semedo's ferret

Guest everydays_wednesday

For atmosphere

1980, the midweek game away at Blackburn when we took over 10.000

This as was totally awesome but also Wednesday 5 Man Utd 4 ..... Father lifted me over the turnstile in the north...sat on his knee was amazing !

Boxing day Massicre. A game against Chelsea we were leading 3-0 @ half time & lost 4-3 Paul Cannoville came on & destroyed us.. & a game against Chesterfield. 1978 leading 3-0 @ half time & drew 3-3 Roger Wylde. & of coarse a game against West Ham where Waddle put on a one man show to win 5 something.

We drew 4-4. 

One game I'll never forget v Man U at Old Trafford we lost 2-1 you know the game it's been shown over and over.

I'll always remember my Dad looking at his watch, showing me the time 5 to 5 it was clenching his fist saying we've won this, as we were one nil up at that time. We all know what happened next. Red devil teddies been thrown at us Man Utd fans going bonkers, Wednesday fans saying we're not bothered we're going to Wembley, singing we're going to Wembley twice song. Oh and I remember we were sat just behind Tricky Dicky from Eastenders too.

Wednesday v Tottenham 1960 tots on unbeaten 16game run and top of the league Wednesday second.

Won 2-1 even though Ron Springett was injured. scorers for us Griffin and Fantham spurs Norman.

in the ground at 12:30 for 3pm ko.place packed atmosphere unbelievable.

My Dad still talks about that game now .... Says it was our best ever team ....

Newcastle away when we won 1-0 against Keegan, Waddle , Beardsley and Terry Mac . A late Shelton overhead kick Sealed the day ..... Great day to be a Wednesdayite ! .....

Was there myself and what a strike from Old Gary Shelton :biggrin: .He never seems to get a mention on OT these days. :wacko:

For a more recent one, Leeds at home season before last sticks out, where that tw@t crawley smacked Kirkland. Went berserk when Bothroyd put us ahead and I was in the first row in front of the executive boxes so I could watch all the replays. When Tonge scored I had to look away because I hated seeing their lot celebrating, so I missed what happened to Kirkland, my mate thought he'd been hit by a bottle so I went berserk again - just as a fight erupted in the executive box behind me. It turned out one of the blokes in the box behind me was a Leeds fan who had a complete inability to keep his mouth shut, to the point where he turned to the Wednesdayites in the next box and genuinely stuck out his tongue. He was promptly chased behind the glass screen, where he remained for the rest of the game. I remember screaming for a winner that never came, then walking out the ground with shouts of "scum" going off everywhere.

Guest Gazzaswfc

When we lost 4-1 at home to Wrexham in cup under Brian laws it was a brilliant game we played Awsome & still lost but I loved the atmosphere was almost 8.000 inside it was rocking I no it was cup game happy days