This isn't just normal optimism

I agree May needs a partner ASAP Newwho isn't the man

Don't agree there, think here good foil for each other. 4 goals for big dave and 3 for May now and that partnership will only get better. If rather have an attacking midfielder who can score if I'm honest.

With the addition of a midfielder who can deliver the right ball to May and a winger who can cross ,I believe we now have a genuine promotion squad.

We cant just rely on the 20 odd games we are going to get from Hutch and Lee.

Coke for me is settling back into his usual comfort zone and needs replacing.

MM, this is your chance to get Wednesday into the Prem for a what would be modest investment.

Do it my friend.

We are very close to having something special here.

SG recognises the importance of having a close group of players which is really helping us compete with far more expensive squads.

The one thing I really enjoyed about a ginger, former manager of ours was the team spirit and pride he instilled in the side. It was refreshing after years of decline.

SG has this side doing all of those things as a MINIMUM and he's getting some good football out of them as well.

We also know we can look at signing people like Lees for little or no money and SG can COACH him into being a better player, he can actually improve him. Very, very refreshing.

Any new additions need to be of the right character not to upset what we've got in terms of spirit and togetherness.

Guest conisbrough

We are establishing a consistency of performance which augurs well for the season. This has been achieved without Lee and Hutchinson two of our most talented players which shows value of tactics and organsation.

Actually think Mandaric will be more likely to fund additions to team as everyone can see Gray is getting value out of all players.

If Gray was given a large budget to manage with it is fightening to consider what he may achieve.

If we can get Lee and Hutch back without losing any of the current playing squad, we'll be looking pretty good. I'm not too sure that SG should be making loan signings for the sake of bulking up the squad.

I agree with the posters suggesting our loan signings should react to squad injuries.

Also I really hope SG stays clear of bad apples and prima donnas in the loan market.