This isn't just normal optimism

How many times do we all get hyped up pre season?   Oh, this year looks more promising, we signed that lad, this lad and it never ever comes to fruition.

I will hold my hands in the air and admit i thought we had a poor squad and poorly prepared due to the takeover etc... this pre season and my optimism was low. Did improve slightly after the signing of sir stevie of may.

This now is more than general pre season optimism, we're well and truly settled into this season now, we've had enough games to judge the squad, the teams in this division and where we can likely finish.

If milan ever needs to put his hand in his pocket it's now, this side has the genuine possibility to finish top 6... It may not be the millions the likes of fulham have in mccormack, but the chemistry and the willingness of this team to play for such a top coach is paying dividends.

Edited by wickersleyowl

How many times do we all get hyped up pre season?   Oh, this year looks more promising, we signed that lad, this lad and it never ever comes to fruition.

I will hold my hands in the air and admit i thought we had a poor squad and poorly prepared due to the takeover etc... this pre season and my optimism was low. Did improve slightly after the signing of sir stevie of may.

This now is more than general pre season optimism, we're well and truly settled into this season now, we've had enough games to judge the squad, the teams in this division and where we can likely finish.

If milan ever needs to put his hand in his pocket it's now, this side has the genuine possibility to finish top 6... It may not be the millions the likes of fulham have in mccormack, but the chemistry and the willingness of this team to play for such a top coach is paying dividends.

I keep hearing this, and reading it too, but i dont quite get it, 

Spend what? why, & on who? 

we have a keeper who cant get in the side that would walk into a lot of champ sides, we cant get Buxton in, or Zayatte who has kept 3 outa 3 clean sheets, we have a Highly rated CB on a new 3yr contract in Claude Dielna who cant get near the starting line up

Helan is looking like the best player everytime he's on the pitch, but cant force a start! We have 2 loans in who cant get in the starting eleven, compared to last year when 3 or 4 loans were key to us. 

For me we have room in our squad for a couple of QUALITY loans, but there is no rush to get them in. Milan is doin right by waiting, imagine getting a bad injury to a top player now! we would be gutted, but could actually STRENGTHEN by replacing with a quality loan. lets have the power to react to injuries rather than put all our eggs in one basket early doors.

If milan ever needs to put his hand in his pocket it's now, this side has the genuine possibility to finish top 6... It may not be the millions the likes of fulham have in mccormack, but the chemistry and the willingness of this team to play for such a top coach is paying dividends.T

This side IS going to finish in the top six.With a playmaker who can feed May/Nuhiu this side is going to finish in the top ONE.

Top 10 potential in this side I think

Midfield is still a bit weak in an attacking sense, and the squad is very small, considering how many ( McCabe, Corry etc ) are nowhere near the first team and the likes of Hutchinson will only play 20 games a season

There's plenty of spirit and endeavour, a very solid defensive unit and a bit of genuine quality within the team, but the size of the squad will stop us from really challenging imo

Guest Retfordowl74

I actually said to a few people today that I wouldn't know who to drop but we are 1 quality quality player short of been a very good side.

Not sure whether that be a front man, a midfielder or a winger.

The togetherness of this squad has not been seen at Hillsborough for a generation.

I actually said to a few people today that I wouldn't know who to drop but we are 1 quality quality player short of been a very good side.

Not sure whether that be a front man, a midfielder or a winger.

The togetherness of this squad has not been seen at Hillsborough for a generation.

Yep i agree we do need another striker & attacking midfielder, i just think we should try & ride the crest of a wave for as long as possible, rather than upset the applecart, Nuhiu & May are improving as a pair, and while im not his biggest fan, who's to say Madine wont chip in with some goals when he's called upon.

Good players with a good attitude cant get in the side at the mo' lets give them a chance before replacing players for the sake of it.

Guest Big Guns

Coke is the only player in starting 11 I'd change right now.

Imagine getting someone like Ravel Morisson in to replace him ... THEN we'd be talking !

Newho and Maguire need replacing

Genuine attacking midfielder to replace Coke, we're sorted

Anything else ( extra winger or striker ) would be a bonus