LETS F***ING MUGG OFF ANTONIO

I remember when we offloaded Kuqi, Bromby, Geary & co, basically because we couldn't afford their wages in League 1

Certain things were printed in the media and suddenly everyone hated them

We needed the money for Antonio ...

I don't think he's said a lot wrong. Just the usual, to ingratiate himself with the Forest fans 

Totally agree he clearly wanted to leave so doesn't deserve our respect. Hopefully mattock will nobble him early in the first half. WAWAW

Antonios lass took to twitter and said he wasnt to blame for the move it was the club not wanting him ,Gray never rated him but i trust his tactics to keep antonio quiet.

Hes not our player anymore so he shouldnt be getting cheered during the match it will only help him out if we do.

Edited by stocksyuto

Antonio was inconsistent for us, but he has all the attributes and is still young. On his day, he was an absolute beast (remember Reading at home last season?). Personally, I didn't want him to leave as I think he still offers something. As with other departures in the past, I guess we'll never know the true reasons behind it; if it was because Gray didn't rate him, then fair enough (Gray knows what he's doing); if it was purely financial, we need to reinvest a little more of that money...

As for next week, I think the best course of action is to completely ignore him. Cheering / booing him is only likely to spur him on and he's already proved in games against Reading (2 goals & 1 assist yesterday) that he turns up against former clubs. Let's concentrate on our game; give Forest zero respect and take it to them...

Think the price the club were paid means yet again we have had our pants pulled down.

Indeed. Good player at this level, fair enough he decided to move on, the team hasn't been effected too much by it but looking at the prices paid for players in divisions below the money we got isn't "great business" no matter how much people say it.

Nor was he some kind of lumbering oaf like many people are now trying to make out he was. Granted he could be frustrating but he could also be unplayable and a key player. Unfortunately he's bang on form at the moment and is one of the top scorers in the division

How many goals has he scored this season?

Yeah, he's useless...

i know right.

i'll never forget the sitter he missed at qpr away on the opening day last year. that and the screamer against burnley away just sums up antonio.

too inconsistent, but on his day he's a match winner

I think Stuart Gray made it quite clear towards the end of last season that Maghoma and Magiure are his first choice wingers... So effectively we got £1.75m for a player who would have been sat warming our bench.

Whatever way you look at it, I think that's excellent business.

Antonios lass took to twitter and said he wasnt to blame for the move it was the club not wanting him ,Gray never rated him but i trust his tactics to keep antonio quiet.

Hes not our player anymore so he shouldnt be getting cheered during the match it will only help him out if we do.

Think it was Antonio wanting to move rather than anything else. He came out with comments making out the squad's minds were elsewhere in the summer due to the takeover. As seen there is a togetherness within the side and he wanted away. Just a shame we got little for him.

Lots of players are inconsistent but they still earn their clubs decent money. In antonios case you look back at the end of the season and realise he's going to get you around 10 from midfield despite the misses.

That's got to be worth a decent amount to a team looking for the riches of the top flight

imo

major reason why we got promoted  -fabulous talent, unlucky with injuries,  needed coaching on final ball, relies too much on motivation tho hence his star shows against Reading for us and now forest 

Due to our financial plight Pearce had us over on the price, no doubt in my mind he's worth more than that when you see what other teams get for players

I think he deserves a polite reception no more or less, hostility breeds motivation I've often read about players saying the hostile reception spurred them on -it would me

What is far more important is SG deciding and proving we can do well without him,  our best reception for Antonio is to stop him playing and beat his team 

I think Stuart Gray made it quite clear towards the end of last season that Maghoma and Magiure are his first choice wingers... So effectively we got £1.75m for a player who would have been sat warming our bench.

Whatever way you look at it, I think that's excellent business.

Even if nakhi wells moved for a similar amount from league 2? Assombalonga 3 times as much?

I get your point about him being on the bench but looking at market values for players not in their final year it raises the question

. Cheering / booing him is only likely to spur him on and he's already proved in games against Reading (2 goals & 1 assist yesterday) that he turns up against former clubs........................ Let's concentrate on our game;......... give Forest zero respect and take it to them...

hostility breeds motivation I've often read about players saying the hostile reception spurred them on -it would me

................. our best reception for Antonio is to stop him playing and beat his team 

These chaps have got it.