STEVIE MAY

Guest Harry Coy

Aye, Zico got greif. More so in my eyes for being local. Those boys always seem to get it worse.

All players get stick from some quarters, some folks are never happy unless blaming.

Remember Sheridan getting stick an all.

Though probably conveniently erased from the minds of those that did it.

Bloody hell yes..as did Waddle ..probably the same folk. The fact that Sheri looked liked deaths door and was, probably on more than couple of occasions, running on a hangover from the night before made him an easy target for those that had blinkers on and didn't see just how much work he got through. He just made it look easy...same for Waddle with that lazy sort of style....

Different reasons but it will be the same sort of supporters I reckon.

I used to have a go at Spider Mellor until i took time to watch him through a few games...then my opinion changed.

I've no doubt May will come good. He just reminds me of Hirst more in some areas and his passion and attitude are spot on...be interesting to see how he shapes up after the Xmas/New Year period.

May had already worn himself out before the chance to get in behind the defence arrived but he still won us the free kick and also could've won that pen.

^^^^

Absolutley this.

He looked more like getting a goal chasing their back passes down than what we were providing for him.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

A lot of the goals scored for st Johnstone consisted of balls pinging around the box or balls through the middle where he was able to get in behind.

We haven't really put many balls across the box to cause scrambles. Plus we have tended to see teams sitting back for large periods of the game.

May had already worn himself out before the chance to get in behind the defence arrived

This is true, and to be honest it's where I thought we'd struggle We don't have the creativity, or the quality in the final third to break sides down when they are prepared to sit deep. With the players we have, we will struggle at home

Sterland never looked like he'd make a footballer, but boy was he committed That commitment, allied to pace and power built him a career he can be proud of. A great example of someone with limited ability maximising what they do have

I wouldn't say he was limited exactly.

Maybe the mists of time have clouded my judgment, but I loved him and his swashbucking raids and goal scoring exploits.

Wet look perm flowing in the wind flying up the slope.

I think most strikers will struggle to score if you don't create any chances for them. 

I wasn't there lats night, but was at the Derby game, and we didn't exactly carve up a lot of opportunities for him. 

We played well in that game, but a lot of our efforts were more speculative efforts than anything else. 

Need a bit more quality and creativity in the wide areas. 

Do we really believe that St Johnstone have more creativity and carve out more chances than us? I think it's more to do with the standard of football up there. Had he been able to play, I'd have put money on May scoring against Notts County. Not so confident he will against Boro though

Do we really believe that St Johnstone have more creativity and carve out more chances than us? I think it's more to do with the standard of football up there. Had he been able to play, I'd have put money on May scoring against Notts County. Not so confident he will against Boro though

You've already written him off, we get it. 

Should have let him go to Rotherham etc. 

Don't be silly, they've already said they didn't want him. It's not a case of writing him off, plenty of players join clubs and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say they are not ready to be a regular starter. That's what clubs do when they invest in young potential

St Johnstone weren't more creative but it looks like teams didnt sit as deep for periods of the game against them.

May did drift out wide and win a lot of his own chances there from the videos but he's up against bigger, faster defenders here so it is all part of an adapting process. He seems a clever player so he will adapt his game to suit. Like Ryan Lowe has in the lower leagues, not strong or quick but gets into good positions

Don't be silly, they've already said they didn't want him. It's not a case of writing him off, plenty of players join clubs and it wouldn't be unreasonable to say they are not ready to be a regular starter. That's what clubs do when they invest in young potential

I think it's pretty clear they did want him

I wouldn't say he was limited exactly.

Maybe the mists of time have clouded my judgment, but I loved him and his swashbucking raids and goal scoring exploits.

Wet look perm flowing in the wind flying up the slope.

He started off as a midfielder and he was shockingly bad, I think it was Big Jack that moved him to right back where he became a revelation.

To be fair Guru wrote off Onyewu and said Zayatte was a great signing.

lol lol

lol lol

lol lol

I don't remember that, but I was the only one championing Stuart Gray Even the chairman wanted Warnock!!!!