STEVIE MAY

Guest Harry Coy

I don't remember Hirst getting that stick when he first arrived He was played in the Northern Intermediate team (youth side) and then in the reserves. That's the way to do it with players of potential, introduce them gradually. It's not really relevant though as Hirst was 17 when we bought him.

...it may surprise some of a younger age..but a certain David Hirst got all the same sort of stick from a small but vocal number of supporters, when he first moved from Barnsley...he didn't do too badly for us did he...

sorry- but who's giving Steve May stick?

I don't see anyone.......

I don't remember Hirst getting that stick when he first arrived He was played in the Northern Intermediate team (youth side) and then in the reserves. That's the way to do it with players of potential, introduce them gradually. It's not really relevant though as Hirst was 17 when we bought him.

I remember him getting stick. Often because he had a habit of wanting to leather everyshot at 100mph into the top corner.

Also remember him getting stick when he was lumped out wide on occasion even though it wasn't his fault he didn't really know the role.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

I remember him getting stick. Often because he had a habit of wanting to leather everyshot at 100mph into the top corner.

Also remember him getting stick when he was lumped out wide on occasion even though it wasn't his fault he didn't really know the role.

Certainly wouldn't have a problem now, if any of our forwards wanted to leather it into the top corner

Guest wilyfox

Our players need to learn about him, his movement and the runs he likes to make. We're not picking him out at the moment. Part of that is lack of understanding, the other may be a lack of creativity in our side. Our chances are failing to Nuhiu at the moment. The team are more familiar with him.

Aye, Zico got greif. More so in my eyes for being local. Those boys always seem to get it worse.

All players get stick from some quarters, some folks are never happy unless blaming.

Remember Sheridan getting stick an all.

Though probably conveniently erased from the minds of those that did it.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Certainly wouldn't have a problem now, if any of our forwards wanted to leather it into the top corner

Agree!

Though I can clearly remember at the time folks hammering Hirst for not placing shots when required.

Problem of playing infront of 20,000 experts I suppose !!!

I have seen both of his games and how anyone can say that they have anything negative to say about him is unreal.

He has received 1 decent through ball in those 2 games... he was a little slow off the mark in this example, but probably had something to do with the fact he had been running his nuts off chasing balls all game - rather than midfield actually supplying him with them.

Colin West deserved it, wasn't much cop when he first came here and then somehow proceeded to get even worse.

That actually made me laugh. It's sad but true.

I would imagine some on here would have apologised for him though.

Sterland never looked like he'd make a footballer, but boy was he committed That commitment, allied to pace and power built him a career he can be proud of. A great example of someone with limited ability maximising what they do have

Aye, Zico got greif. More so in my eyes for being local. Those boys always seem to get it worse.

All players get stick from some quarters, some folks are never happy unless blaming.

Remember Sheridan getting stick an all.

Though probably conveniently erased from the minds of those that did it.

We're very hard to please

A lot of the goals scored for st Johnstone consisted of balls pinging around the box or balls through the middle where he was able to get in behind.

We haven't really put many balls across the box to cause scrambles. Plus we have tended to see teams sitting back for large periods of the game.

May had already worn himself out before the chance to get in behind the defence arrived but he still won us the free kick and also could've won that pen.

Edited by Bluesteel