For those starting to think Stevie May is some sort of Wonderkid...

He May well be but if he doesn't make an immediate impact could we please be patient?

It is very difficult to judge the league he has come from and especially without the might of Rangers being involved for two years.

In reality Stevie has been playing alongside Steve McLean who left our club seven years ago and despite being a solid contributor is not someone we would think could cut it at Championship level now.

Paul Heffernan rarely made our League One team before he left after 23 games and three goals in 2011.

He was a very good player for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier scoring 27 goals in 71 games before falling out with his chairman last year and heading to Hibernian.

And it's not like Stevie was being chased by every Premier club as before he signed for us he was on his way to Rotherham.

A few on here have overdone the expectations but hopefully young Stevie will prove them right!

So we are to be patient but you start a thread casting doubts over his ability.

Guest Big Guns
Posted · Hidden by Big Malc, August 14, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Big Malc, August 14, 2014 - No reason given

Sure can. Can you?

Can you answer a straight question?

the clues in the post the bit that says TEN

So we are to be patient but you start a thread casting doubts over his ability.

Clueless.

I didn't question his ability - all I've seen is his goals video but the record of star players from that league suggests that the league is not as strong as some suppose.

It's not an easy transition for any player and Stevie is only 21 - he might be too young to even worry about it, which would be brilliant!!

North of border, south of border... goal is still same size and same place! He's got a nack for hitting the target if he's given chances. That'll be the big issue, if he get the service / chances or not! Watching us against Notts County, we had loads of play in and around the opposition box and i think SM will thrive on this on the ball passing and triangle play we've now adopted! Hopeful but realistic i think sums most of us up!

If he's half as good as he's been in Scotland he will be a firm favourite i'm sure.

Given how Gray has nurtured and brought on lots of players he's on to a winner with Stevie May.

If he's just half as good, he'll score 13.5 goals in 71 games.

That'd be good enough to become a superstar at Oakwell.

so if he doesnt score and plays crap in his first ten games were not to slate him then

sorry clappers i cant make that promise :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Do you honsestly think slating a player in any circumstance will improve them?

Your psyche profile would be truly fascinating if you do.

Guest Big Guns

Do you honsestly think slating a player in any circumstance will improve them?

Your psyche profile would be truly fascinating if you do.

yes in some circumstances it would 

you cant let players just turn up do roger all and steal a wage if there playing shuffle they need to no about it and realise us fans wont tolerate crap at our club 

its up to them then to improve or do one

Guest justcraig

As long as he doesn't cut his hair,he'll score goals,he's the Hercules of Hillsboro !!!

UTO

Or samson even

:ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy: :ghoulguy:

I think he'll come good in a couple of seasons at least but I doubt he will get 10 goals this season. I've only seen the video of his goals but most of the goalkeepers are utter dross in the SPL and most of the defenders look a bit crap but I still think he will be a good player to have in the squad. As I said I've only seen the videos of his goals so I don't know what he's like at anything other than finding the net but I'm not expecting too much of him this season but next season I would like him to be getting quite a few.

He May well be but if he doesn't make an immediate impact could we please be patient?

It is very difficult to judge the league he has come from and especially without the might of Rangers being involved for two years.

In reality Stevie has been playing alongside Steve McLean who left our club seven years ago and despite being a solid contributor is not someone we would think could cut it at Championship level now.

Paul Heffernan rarely made our League One team before he left after 23 games and three goals in 2011. 

He was a very good player for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier scoring 27 goals in 71 games before falling out with his chairman last year and heading to Hibernian.  

And it's not like Stevie was being chased by every Premier club as before he signed for us he was on his way to Rotherham.

A few on here have overdone the expectations but hopefully young Stevie will prove them right! 

:st2:

BURN THE WITCH!!

:ph34r:

He's a different kind of player to ones we've had at this level before. His style of play and ability on the ball and work rate. Yes he most likely won't score 20 for us but who has in the past 15 years at this level!? 

I think he'll be a very effective players for us, causing opposition defences problems and leaving them thinking 'I wish we had him in our team'. In a similar way we think of people like Mackail Smith. Who, by the way, never usually manages more than about 10 a season at this level. 

This ∆∆∆∆∆∆

I see where the OP is coming from.  But I think Stevie May is a different sort of player who will thrive on the pressure.

The lad is a natural goalscorer and it would be great for him to hit the ground running. 

This ∆∆∆∆∆∆

and that ∇∇∇∇∇∇

he will improve under our stu. could have a right player n our hands. but agree, lets be patient, it took hirsty a couple of years

the clues in the post the bit that says TEN

Read your own post properly.

You say that you can't guarantee no slating at ten games.

So how many poor, goalless, games will you give him before you start slating him?  

Clueless.

I didn't question his ability - all I've seen is his goals video but the record of star players from that league suggests that the league is not as strong as some suppose.

It's not an easy transition for any player and Stevie is only 21 - he might be too young to even worry about it, which would be brilliant!!

Clueless.

It was hardly a glowing reference you gave him was it.

Guest Big Guns

Read your own post properly.

You say that you can't guarantee no slating at ten games.

So how many poor, goalless, games will you give him before you start slating him?  

see the bold bit above that ive already answered if you missed it it says TEN