For those starting to think Stevie May is some sort of Wonderkid...

He May well be but if he doesn't make an immediate impact could we please be patient?

It is very difficult to judge the league he has come from and especially without the might of Rangers being involved for two years.

In reality Stevie has been playing alongside Steve McLean who left our club seven years ago and despite being a solid contributor is not someone we would think could cut it at Championship level now.

Paul Heffernan rarely made our League One team before he left after 23 games and three goals in 2011. 

He was a very good player for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier scoring 27 goals in 71 games before falling out with his chairman last year and heading to Hibernian.  

And it's not like Stevie was being chased by every Premier club as before he signed for us he was on his way to Rotherham.

A few on here have overdone the expectations but hopefully young Stevie will prove them right! 

Guest Big Guns
Posted · Hidden by Big Malc, August 14, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Big Malc, August 14, 2014 - No reason given

so if he doesnt score and plays crap in his first ten games were not to slate him then

sorry clappers i cant make that promise :ph34r:  :ph34r:

so if he doesnt score and plays crap in his first ten games were not to slate him then

sorry clappers i cant make that promise :ph34r::ph34r:

Obsessed... let it go

With the amount of goals he's scored over the last couple of seasons, he must have had scouts watching from about 40 clubs.

Only Rotherham and us made an offer for him, he is not going to be Lionel Messi.

He is young, obviously can finish and seems very confident in his own ability. Hopefully his slightly eccentric side will endear him to the crowd further.

There is an awful lot of pressure on him, I hope our boo boys lay off him and give the time and support he may need.

Guest LEGEND

Fair post, the lad has talent and desire.

But if he doesn't net straight away we need to get behind him. Same with the team.

I dont expect him to get 20 goals, but he is a different kind of striker to what we have and thats the main thing.

It may well take time for him to settle, I do think a debut goal would be the making of him though which is why it was such a shame he was suspended on Tuesday as we couldve been talking about a few goals for him.

There are some poor players who have failed here and now do well up there such as Kris Boyd and John Sutton, but May has age on his side and seems a hard working player which will give him some slack from supporters.

The Star ran a piece "Giles Coke: Give May time"

Unfortunately, you can't change people's nature and many will see the £800k spent, not as an investment in a young asset who can develop over time, but as goals bought for the here and now. If the goals don't come, they'll see it as a failure.

He's never done it at this level, never lived far from home, so it's a very real possibilty it takes time to adjust.

Luckily for him, with the strikers we can currently choose from he's guaranteed time on the pitch.

He's a different kind of player to ones we've had at this level before. His style of play and ability on the ball and work rate. Yes he most likely won't score 20 for us but who has in the past 15 years at this level!? 

I think he'll be a very effective players for us, causing opposition defences problems and leaving them thinking 'I wish we had him in our team'. In a similar way we think of people like Mackail Smith. Who, by the way, never usually manages more than about 10 a season at this level. 

sorry clappers i cant make that promise :ph34r:  :ph34r:

How about first nine games?

How many crap, goalless games will you allow him before you do slate him?

Guest Big Guns

How about first nine games?

How many crap, goalless games will you allow him before you do slate him?

can you read ?