For those starting to think Stevie May is some sort of Wonderkid...

Guest stevie mays lobster

He's younger and better than Jonny Russell who will maybe be playing for Derby on Saturday. If he doesn't score it won't be for the lack of trying .

So much was made about Nuihu not having a proper pre season last season.

So give the boy May a chance, remember ha hasn't had one  this pre season.

I reckon we've got a good one for the future with this kid.

Hopefully.

I agree about not pressurising Stevie but I am confident he will perform having seen him multiple times myself. He does need time to adapt but he is a talented laddie and a smart young man too.

Clueless.

I didn't question his ability - all I've seen is his goals video but the record of star players from that league suggests that the league is not as strong as some suppose.

It's not an easy transition for any player and Stevie is only 21 - he might be too young to even worry about it, which would be brilliant!!

You can make stats suit an argument in all sorts of ways. At 21 years old Ross McCormack played a full season at Motherwell who finished 3rd and he didn't even manage 10 goals in the league. The following season he scored 21 in the English Championship.

Roman Bednar scored goals for fun in one of the best teams in the Championship in recent years but couldn't score regularly or hold a place at my team Hearts in a squad that was full of international players including a former Champions League winner and a European Championship winner.

Paul Heffernan's best league return in the SPL is 11. Hardly stand out.

There are other examples too and whilst I get that it is seemingly fashionable to knock the SPL, admittedly it's not a great league but for a country with a population lower than London it's a good standard. It's also the league that per capita has the highest attendances in world football. It is not the pub league that many think it is and St Johnstone have developed a cracking wee player in Stevie.

Guest Distraught!

Another SM thread :(

More appropriate than another Dave Jones thread (a guy that is now nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday). ;-)

So much was made about Nuihu not having a proper pre season last season.

So give the boy May a chance, remember ha hasn't had one this pre season.

I reckon we've got a good one for the future with this kid.

Hopefully.

He's had one at st Johnstone, but I get your point in terms of mixing with team mates

He's had one at st Johnstone, but I get your point in terms of mixing with team mates

He should if anything be sharper than the rest of our squad because Saints had competitive games to prepare for before us. I appreciate it's not the same as bonding with and getting to know your team mates, but his fitness shouldn't be in question.

I agree about not pressurising Stevie but I am confident he will perform having seen him multiple times myself. He does need time to adapt but he is a talented laddie and a smart young man too.

You can make stats suit an argument in all sorts of ways. At 21 years old Ross McCormack played a full season at Motherwell who finished 3rd and he didn't even manage 10 goals in the league. The following season he scored 21 in the English Championship.

Roman Bednar scored goals for fun in one of the best teams in the Championship in recent years but couldn't score regularly or hold a place at my team Hearts in a squad that was full of international players including a former Champions League winner and a European Championship winner.

Paul Heffernan's best league return in the SPL is 11. Hardly stand out.

There are other examples too and whilst I get that it is seemingly fashionable to knock the SPL, admittedly it's not a great league but for a country with a population lower than London it's a good standard. It's also the league that per capita has the highest attendances in world football. It is not the pub league that many think it is and St Johnstone have developed a cracking wee player in Stevie.

EO sounds like he knows his stuff! So maybe some of you should listen.

I get the feeling Stevie May is going to be a very, very good player, sometimes you just get that feeling.

He's young, confident and has a cocky swagger, and more importantly knows where the back of the net is.

It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't have a £3 million plus player on our hands within a couple of years.

Edited by Spookone

Guest Big Guns

More appropriate than another Dave Jones thread (a guy that is now nothing to do with Sheffield Wednesday). ;-)

let it go distraught your man got the bullet and we improved under gray dissproving you and the dutch scientists theory 

hes gone now and wont be coming back

:ghoulguy:

I too think May will prove to be a hit and let's be honest it's not hard at Wednesday is it? He is going to be compared to Madine and Nuhiu. Both of these players split opinion and I think they both have their part to play. I would like to think that if May was in the positions that Nuhiu got into on Tuesday he would have scored more than one.

Guest Distraught!

let it go distraught your man got the bullet and we improved under gray dissproving you and the dutch scientists theory 

hes gone now and wont be coming back

:ghoulguy:

He wasn't replaced by Pulis though ........ or Warnock! lol

Guest Distraught!

How'd we get on to DJ in a Stevie May thread.

Oh that's right distraught brought it up.

Never liked DJ.

It got in there because, as I stated, another thread about Stevie May is more appropriate that the threads that keep popping up about a person that is not currently at the club. No other reason.