Maghoma

Guest JonTheOwl66

I've been saying this for ages now but Maghoma is a really really good player.

Could well be our star man next year.

All this crap about his work ethic is wrong too. Been excellent today and was underrated in many of his performances last season.

What was it like going to a game?

You given up your protest?

I think we will see Maghoma score at least 10 goals this time around.  

At Burton he was scoring quite a few goals from midfield.  Last season was a big step up from league 2.  Now that he's  had a full season under his belt, Im sure we will see an improved Maghoma.

Best touch and best crosser of a ball in the club!......believe it or not!!.you don't have to run around like a headless chicken to be a good football...John Sheridan was perfect proof of that! :biggrin:

He did very well today. Maybe like to see him played in behind a striker....he played that position with Burton.

I feel his talent is wasted out wide.

100%. He looks far more comfortable played through the middle and that's the position he played in when he scored 18 goals for Burton. He's very unpredictable and hard to disposess when he gets running at a defence, which would cause much more damage bursting into the box rather than out by the touch line. His natural disinclination to track back would be less damaging in that position, too.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I honestly don't know why people are so worried to be honest. Yes, we are three players short of what we want but I think a forward 4 of Nuhiu, Maguire and then Maghoma and Antonio from the wide positions (Mags and Maguire could switch too) will scare a lot of defences this season.

We have 3 players who produce their best form, in the same position with Antonio/Maguire/Maghoma

Not a bad problem to have but if there all on the pitch at the same time, whoever is on the left will be the scapegoat

Edited by bigash_swfc

really rate maghoma . just needs to start doing it week in week out . same with Antonio .

Me too, and as others have said, maybe better just behind the lone striker. In fact, the three attacking midfielders in that system, Maguire, Maghoma and Antonio should try and interchange a bit more, taking it in turns to be the one coming through the middle. To make the system truly effective, we need to bring in a striker who can play the lone man up top, Nuhiu isn't the answer.

Guest silvergusy

Me too, and as others have said, maybe better just behind the lone striker. In fact, the three attacking midfielders in that system, Maguire, Maghoma and Antonio should try and interchange a bit more, taking it in turns to be the one coming through the middle. To make the system truly effective, we need to bring in a striker who can play the lone man up top, Nuhiu isn't the answer.

Howard?