Our national team!

I am 48 years old and started seriously following Wednesday in 1979. Never has our national team been so bad in my life time whilst at the same time there has never been so much money in the English game!! The bottom line is that our game is rotten from the top! Premiership rules! Money is king. Suarez biting! Robbed diving! The wonderful game now as all but disappeared! I will always love Wednesday but fear for the future of our beautiful game!

I am 48 years old and started seriously following Wednesday in 1979. Never has our national team been so bad in my life time whilst at the same time there has never been so much money in the English game!! The bottom line is that our game is rotten from the top! Premiership rules! Money is king. Suarez biting! Robbed diving! The wonderful game now as all but disappeared! I will always love Wednesday but fear for the future of our beautiful game!

Stop panicking, England tend to do well shortly after Wednesday do (60's, 90's etc) so all will be reyt shortly...

lol

Hope you are right!......must admit! , I'm proper exited about this season!:-) been good to see our own players come through tho such as lavery and I really hope mamma makes our academy huge! Would be t

Tbh I always wanted England to achieve something maybe a bit more than Wednesday.

After this world cup I couldn't care less about England (Until next tournament), would much rather have a successful Wednesday than England!

Tbh I always wanted England to achieve something maybe a bit more than Wednesday.

After this world cup I couldn't care less about England (Until next tournament), would much rather have a successful Wednesday than England!

I gave up on being bothered about England two World Cups ago. It has got worse and worse since in my opinion. The press are the biggest factor. Hysterical journalists who prefer to slag off managers rather than say it like it is about our overhyped players, who haven't given a roger for over a decade. They do castigate players for mistakes with lurid and nasty headlines, other than that they have their tongues up the arses of the players with the biggest sponsors. Prawn flipping sandwiches all round...

...there's no money in play on for England, pride when donning the England shirt doesn't exist it would seem.

I'm a couple or three years younger, followed Wednesday since around 82,and I completely agree.

Have lost all interest in our national team, did'nt even bother watching the Italy game, looking at teams like Columbia, Chile etc... we are so far behind it's frightening and having average overpaid players like, Wilshire, Jagielka, Henderson, Welbeck etc.. we are not going to catch up anytime soon.

As for Wednesday, with the ups and downs we've all had to endure (Some have only experienced the downs) my passion does not falter, I'm one of the chosen few, end of!

The German manager has hit the nail on the head when asked about our national team.

He says we will continue to struggle while ever we have so many foreigners playing in our league.

He's got a fair point. Burton could be the solution along with foreign player caps but we're looking at a decade at least before any real returns will show.

I quite like his fashion... He's much more 'with it' than Hodgson.

I'm a couple or three years younger, followed Wednesday since around 82,and I completely agree.

Have lost all interest in our national team, did'nt even bother watching the Italy game, looking at teams like Columbia, Chile etc... we are so far behind it's frightening and having average overpaid players like, Wilshire, Jagielka, Henderson, Welbeck etc.. we are not going to catch up anytime soon.

As for Wednesday, with the ups and downs we've all had to endure (Some have only experienced the downs) my passion does not falter, I'm one of the chosen few, end of!

The real frightening thing should be comparisons to USA, Costa Rica and Algeria.

Those 3 teams ran their b*llocks off, had pride and gave everything. They clearly worked as a team and there was individualism on show. A complete contrast to England

Salary cap across the board that gets lower in each divison, scrap the parachute payments and make sure clubs only spend what they make, and make clubs name 10 English players in matchday squads, that should do it

That would destroy English football and do nothing for the national team. Are you just taking the wee wee? Your proposal here would stop Premiership teams being able to attract top players, that much is obvious. With that, interest in English football would dwindle, money would all but vanish. The net teams could cast from which to sign players would would be dire, not to mention requiring 10 English players per squad would likely be illegal.

Now that the negatives are out of the way, lets look at the positives of your initiative...

Em, there are none.

Remember before all the foreign players came to the Premiership, back when the England national side were brilliant? Nor does anybody, one semi final since 1966, often failing to even qualify. 

The problem is the lack of quality coaching from youth level up. 

Not really going by your name.