Our national team!

Remember before all the foreign players came to the Premiership, back when the England national side were brilliant? Nor does anybody, one semi final since 1966, often failing to even qualify. 

The problem is the lack of quality coaching from youth level up. 

This.

When the English League wasn't full of foreigners and money we were still poor.

Stop panicking, England tend to do well shortly after Wednesday do (60's, 90's etc) so all will be reyt shortly...

lol

:biggrin: I'm almost certain that England failed to qualify for the 1994 world cup in the USA, during the time of Sheffield Wednesdays best team in decades.

Epic fail on that one I'm afraid (unless I'm a Brazilian centre forward in which case I'm aFred)

:tango:

Saw in paper on thursday Gerrard tweeted a pic on beach with there lass and it said 300odd thousand had liked it!

Says it all really Quater Finals of world cup or getting to the beach quicker! No pride for National team most can barely mumble national anthem and others just look lost just standing there. Compare that to Brazil doing their's last night the whole ground were singing it and every player sang with pride! English football is no longer about football its all about the 'brand' of the Premiership billed as the best league in the world! Where you have 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning the league every season 3 more who can challenge for 4th and the rest very average teams of which any could go down.

English football will suffer for a lot longer yet!

The German manager has hit the nail on the head when asked about our national team.

He says we will continue to struggle while ever we have so many foreigners playing in our league.

premiership journeymen are now brought in from abroad rather than up through the ranks...

to be honest if you look at county championship cricket it's a similar storey...

pisspoor run of the mill pie throwers in a side bolstered by plenty of johnny foreigners, without whom we'd have won fack aw...

unfortunately our former empire hasn't got footballers to spare to bolster our side...

Saw in paper on thursday Gerrard tweeted a pic on beach with there lass and it said 300odd thousand had liked it!

Says it all really Quater Finals of world cup or getting to the beach quicker! No pride for National team most can barely mumble national anthem and others just look lost just standing there. Compare that to Brazil doing their's last night the whole ground were singing it and every player sang with pride! English football is no longer about football its all about the 'brand' of the Premiership billed as the best league in the world! Where you have 4 teams with a realistic chance of winning the league every season 3 more who can challenge for 4th and the rest very average teams of which any could go down.

English football will suffer for a lot longer yet!

i think our national anthem is very dull, even drudgery...

however anyone selected for england would have to sing it, and sing it at the top of their voice...

or be dropped, anyone being dropped for that offence would be subjected to paying another 25% income tax... :st2:

Salary cap across the board that gets lower in each divison, scrap the parachute payments and make sure clubs only spend what they make, and make clubs name 10 English players in matchday squads, that should do it

We're 15 years too late to even consider salary caps now, as soon as a player earns more than a certain amount, the opportunity to introduce a salary cap less than that amount has gone

Players won't take pay cuts to stay in this country, they'll just bugger off abroad for more so what do you set the cap at, 300k a week?

We're 15 years too late to even consider salary caps now, as soon as a player earns more than a certain amount, the opportunity to introduce a salary cap less than that amount has gone

Players won't take pay cuts to stay in this country, they'll just bugger off abroad for more so what do you set the cap at, 300k a week?

That might not be a bad thing mate.

Guest Big Guns

Not really English is it the premier league not many English players to choose from we need to get the foreigners out of our game

Trouble is now it's cheaper to buy crap foreigners than it is yo buy crap English players

My problem is we always look at the big teams and assume they will make the best national team. We need to pick a team with the best team players and not necessarily the best individuals. We deem it as bad if players have no champs league experience, but is that right?

We also play people out of the position they play for their club teams. Why pick Milner and assume he can play as a right back, or Henderson and assume he will play well as defensive midfielder? I would rather we play cattermole as defensive midfielder over Henderson and gerrard. At least he knows how to play there although not saying he is the right choice.

Coaching is a big problem. Our coaching numbers are pathetic compared to other nations. The costs to do the course are above the working class man and these are the people in the poorer communities that we want to train the next stars. Footballers generally come from these backgrounds so I'm not being snobby saying that.

Facilities are also a problem. When can kids play football now? There are fewer pitches now for kids to play on for free and you rarely see kids with a ball on the streets now as parents are more cautious about letting their kids out than 20/30 years ago.

All in all we will never move on unless we get lucky with another man utd youth team

You do not have to pay £300k/week to get a good player........You have to pay £300k/week to be conned by some over hyped over weight over rated mardy scouser that has a good agent. He wouldn't get on the bench for ALL the other qualifiers.

We have been shown to be miles behind in attitude/fitness/ability............useless.

Coaching is a big problem. Our coaching numbers are pathetic compared to other nations.

While i take your point - perhaps its just as well we dont have that many coaches because our coaches and coach development is crap

We dont lack coaches in our academies and look at the dross those "cream of the crop" coaches are churning out

You do not have to pay £300k/week to get a good player........You have to pay £300k/week to be conned by some over hyped over weight over rated mardy scouser that has a good agent. He wouldn't get on the bench for ALL the other qualifiers.

We have been shown to be miles behind in attitude/fitness/ability............useless.

thats not quite true though is it.

Has anyone from the premier league done well in this World Cup?

My point being our league is the most physically demanding in the world. Every match be it league or cup is 90 minutes at 100mph.

It means a good exciting product which excites the world but destroys our players in the summer.

Capello once said England were like lions in October but like lambs in June.

Hazard has looked a shadow of himself, lukaku had had a complete mare, augero done nothing, ozil looked a world beater, but after 3 months in our league he was a wreck!!

Yes we currently have too many foreigners which doesn't help but maybe our league is the biggest problem.

My point being our league is the most physically demanding in the world.

It isn't

Another myth

We need to stop making excuses - that would be a good place to start

Then go in for some hard-hitting reflection on why we are shyte

Our FA could give lessons to the Iraq information guy on how to totally deceive people

It isn't

Another myth

We need to stop making excuses - that would be a good place to start

Then go in for some hard-hitting reflection on why we are shyte

Our FA could give lessons to the Iraq information guy on how to totally deceive people

You are saying that the premier league isn't the most physically demanding league?? Are you sure?

The Spanish, Italian, French, German leagues are not a patch on the intensity of our league.

Not only that, our teams train with the same intensity. That's got to take it's toll.

Every foreigner in every interview says it, as do all foreign managers.

As I stated before not many players from our league have done well in this tournement or past ones.

It makes me smile when listening to our so called expert pundits when they say  he should have buried that, and they should press more higher up the pitch etc etc when in fact not many of them could be on the same pitch as the people they are criticising .

You are saying that the premier league isn't the most physically demanding league?? Are you sure?

The Spanish, Italian, French, German leagues are not a patch on the intensity of our league.

I'm perfectly sure thankjs

I've seen the data on the different leagues

Do you remember when Barca ouclassed Man U at Wembley in the CL Final?

On average Barca playerers ran over 1k more than the Man U players - and their high intensity stats were even more stark

Keeping the ball is physically demanding - kicking it away and losing possesion (often with breaks in play) is less so

these are objective measurable stats - not my opinion

But as usual we cloud the true picture with bullshyte like "best league in the world"

I remember the exact same stat and thought the same then as I do now.

Barcelona's previous 10 league games would have been a walk in the park compared to Man U's. They don't have to put it in week in week out like our teams do.

You only have to watch and compare the leagues on a weekly basis. Hence why ours is the most watched in the world.

Just looking at tonight's game. Robben is an outstanding footballer, couldn't hack it in our league.

As I said before, almost every interview that a quality foreign player does says how demanding our league is.