Our national team!

I remember the exact same stat and thought the same then as I do now.

Barcelona's previous 10 league games would have been a walk in the park compared to Man U's. They don't have to put it in week in week out like our teams do.

You only have to watch and compare the leagues on a weekly basis. Hence why ours is the most watched in the world.

Just looking at tonight's game. Robben is an outstanding footballer, couldn't hack it in our league.

As I said before, almost every interview that a quality foreign player does says how demanding our league is.

thats a bit unfair... Robben did well in England, added to that he was younger then, and has evolved as a footballer loads since .

Been done before in the right section

Well considering this is the close season, it's pretty active for a matchday section.

Wish people like you would choke on these sort of posts!

Edited by Babushka1867

You only have to watch and compare the leagues on a weekly basis. Hence why ours is the most watched in the world.

Just looking at tonight's game. Robben is an outstanding footballer, couldn't hack it in our league.

Point 1 - you dont have to watch the leagues - you have to analyse the objective data - and our league is not more demanding

Point 2 - Robben doesn't seem to have any problem sticking it all over any English club he plays against these days - and his achievements of 2 premier league titles (in his 3 seasons), 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and 1 charity shield would maybe suggest he actually very much could "hack it" in our leaguie

Robben used to tear the Premier league to bits...Was surprised they let him go..Saying he didn't hack it in our league is ridiculous.

Yep, couldn't hack it is unfair. He was a good player, of course he was, the reason Chelsea let him go though was because he found it hard to be available every game physically.

The German league suits him down to the ground and paying dividends in this tournament and previous ones.

Wrong again. He left because he felt he wasn't been treat right and it affected his confidence. Probably because he was getting benched because of the arrival of the likes of shevshenko. Nothing to do with his availability or fitness for games.

He maybe had a few injury niggles but not an issue. Real Madrid don't have a history of buying crocks.

Edit.. also Chelsea didn't want to sell him. He wanted out.

Edited by Jezza Helan

Salary cap across the board that gets lower in each divison, scrap the parachute payments and make sure clubs only spend what they make, and make clubs name 10 English players in matchday squads, that should do it

Practical solutions to the problem.

Sadly

1.  Restraint of trade in first instance. Companies can pay employees whatever they want to.

2.  Treaty of Rome in second instance.  Anyone in EU can freely work and live anywhere in EU.

Wrong again. He left because he felt he wasn't been treat right and it affected his confidence. Probably because he was getting benched because of the arrival of the likes of shevshenko. Nothing to do with his availability or fitness for games.

He maybe had a few injury niggles but not an issue. Real Madrid don't have a history of buying crocks.

Edit.. also Chelsea didn't want to sell him. He wanted out.

Mourinho's spokesman, Eladio Parames said: 'Jose has always said it - Arjen simply lacks character, and the absolute will to win.

'After the smallest knock, he could not play, so Jose had to let him go.'

From erikson of spurs

The 22-year-old feels that the Premier League is challenging, both physically and mentally, and admits that he found it difficult to adapt.

“The matches have been tougher both mentally and physically. One should use his brain more in the Premier League because it is much faster”, Eriksen told Bold.

My problem is we always look at the big teams and assume they will make the best national team. We need to pick a team with the best team players and not necessarily the best individuals. We deem it as bad if players have no champs league experience, but is that right?

We also play people out of the position they play for their club teams. Why pick Milner and assume he can play as a right back, or Henderson and assume he will play well as defensive midfielder? I would rather we play cattermole as defensive midfielder over Henderson and gerrard. At least he knows how to play there although not saying he is the right choice.

Coaching is a big problem. Our coaching numbers are pathetic compared to other nations. The costs to do the course are above the working class man and these are the people in the poorer communities that we want to train the next stars. Footballers generally come from these backgrounds so I'm not being snobby saying that.

Facilities are also a problem. When can kids play football now? There are fewer pitches now for kids to play on for free and you rarely see kids with a ball on the streets now as parents are more cautious about letting their kids out than 20/30 years ago.

All in all we will never move on unless we get lucky with another man utd youth team

I played in Germany for Paderborn utd / half German half brit squadies.

The difference between the footballing cultures was was extremely stark, they employed us (the brits) as the aggressive side of play, whilst the majority of the 

attractive / dynamic / cultured / side of things was left to them, however it became apparent after a couple of months, that we on our side did not need to employ

such tactics as the opposition in most cases were non aggressive, just hard tackling / closing down / being strong in possession was enough to make us stronger 

than most teams, it was then that I started to play a different game, a expansive game, a game I could show that I had some skill, a bit of panache, and I used to 

enjoy playing in the local German league rather than the army matches.

I played in a pre - season friendly against Bristol rovers when Bobby Gould was player manager, we drew 0-0.

The upsetting part of that was there was no panache no flair just long balls and in your face football.

I also played in a pre - season friendly against Hamburg BP at the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg, this was before the main event and the return of Kevin Kegan

now a player for Southampton who were playing Hamburg SV. ( just boasting please forgive )

The game was fantastic lots of individual skill and a complete change of ethics on our side to mirror the opposition, we won that one.

To me football reflects  the culture of our nation which sometimes is a wee too aggressive, this is reflected in our football, until we change our philosophy,

and our culture within the game which is no mean feat, I see no progress, however the days of shoving the fat lad in goal and everyone else trying to knock his

block off are fading, and the new Messis are on the horizon,  in the back streets of our cities  our kids are playing this beautiful game with skill and dexterity,

Pity its on play station. 

Quoting someone no one has heard of. And a player who well is a different person? Does not change the facts.

Robben left. And has always remained at the TOP level.

Winning at the TOP level week in week out Rubbishes your claims.

The facts are all on record Robben wanted out Chelsea and mourinho didn't want him to leave but he did.

I think one of the main reasons England failed was down to the manager Hodgson and his outdated tactics.

Put someone like Mourinho in charge, and we would surely have had a better win ratio and progressed further in the competition.  

Look at teams like USa and some of the lesser known teams in the competition, they were a lot more competitive with players of less quality because they had a decent manager who put in a decent system combined with a strong tight knit work ethic.  

Im surprised Hodgson managed to still keep his job and his nice 3 million a year salary for being a complete failure.  Decisions like that is essentially killing the game more and more as there is no real desire to succeed anymore with the wrong people in charge.  Its essentially reward given for failure.  When the Italians got knocked out, their manager immediately resigned.  

I am 48 years old and started seriously following Wednesday in 1979. Never has our national team been so bad in my life time whilst at the same time there has never been so much money in the English game!! The bottom line is that our game is rotten from the top! Premiership rules! Money is king. Suarez biting! Robbed diving! The wonderful game now as all but disappeared! I will always love Wednesday but fear for the future of our beautiful game!

Richard Scudamore,Roman Abramovich and the Owners of Man City.In My eyes they are the ones that have totally ruined our national game. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

Richard Scudamore,Roman Abramovich and the Owners of Man City.In My eyes they are the ones that have totally ruined our national game. :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  

What should they have done?

Coached our 8/9 year olds to be better techinically?

Instilled a sense of duty into our 14-16 year olds that maximum effort is the minimum requirement?

Coached our professional players to press and run?

Tbh I always wanted England to achieve something maybe a bit more than Wednesday.

After this world cup I couldn't care less about England (Until next tournament), would much rather have a successful Wednesday than England!

Take this boy to the "re-education" room.