Would you sing for a fellow Owl please?

Guest meghinio

Absolutely brilliant post Meghinio. Happy for you both a great memory to share.

Just come across this on Orange football page too.

[url=http://full.orangeworld.co.uk/article/sports/charlton_boost_survival_hopes?sid=554b4bd4e31e]

Sorry won't link? Copy into ya browser. One Johnny Eales gets a mention. Best wishes WAWAW

EDIT. Link might work now.

Edited by TANGLED UP IN BLUE

Guest GreenGoose

Genuinely welling up atm, must've been spiked or something, can't have actual human feelings.

ONE JOHNNY EALES, THERE'S ONLY ONE JOHNNY EALES, ONE JOHNNY EALES.

Hi All

Thank you so much for today, what can we say 20,000 people singing their hearts out and the standing ovation for just one man. I will be honest I don't think it sunk in at the time, it felt so surreal. saying that we were both crying. It really hit home later when I showed my dad some of the videos and also all the support he had online. It has really really touched his heart. I really think this will help him, before today he hadn't shaved or been out of the house for 6 weeks, just coming to the game inspired him, the singing of his name will send that inspiration through the roof and I am sure he will fight on

The best fans the greatest club and amazing staff too, one lady from the club came and gave my dad a signed David Hirst programme, I feel really bad that I missed her name, but if she reads this or you know who she is please give her all our love.

I wasn't sure when the club asked me to go on the pitch at half-time, I felt bad to have special treatment but the club wanted to do it for us and thought it would be nice for my dad to see me on the pitch, and I didnt want to say no to such a kind gesture.  I am so glad I did it now as it gave me chance to thank the fans directly

Thank you SWFC FAMILY WAWAW

great post, great idea and great that the fans / club got on board with it -

all the best

Arrived in work today(in Dublin) and had the usual 'Everton/Wednesday' banter with a fellow manager i work with, he supports the Toffee's obviously.

One of the first things he mentioned was this story and he knows nothing much about us tbh.  Really happy this story got the global football attention and obviously the amazing participation it deserved.

Fight the good fight Johnny Eales, proud to be a Wednesdayite.

Guest beefus chiefus

It totally got me. I started chanting but had to stop and just clap after a couple of times as I was close to openly weeping. Terrific gesture by all.

W0W is all I can say. Great response from us Wednesdayites and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Great to have the old girl rocking again too

Only downer was the result/performance but a small inconvenience compared to the larger picture.

All the best to you Mr Eales and meghinio