Would you sing for a fellow Owl please?

Guest meghinio

Guest Blinking owl

All the best. ..I hope the kop takes the roof off. ...I'm the same age. ...bloody tragic. ....wawaw xxx

Guest meghinio
Some recent messages have made me realise that many people may believe my dad is terminally ill with cancer. I want to clarify that he does not have cancer and to assure you all, it was absolutely not my intention to give anyone this impression.

After suffering some serious health problems two years ago, my dad lost his ability to work and has since rapidly deteriorated to the point of now having almost zero mobility. His heart condition requires him to completely rest, but resting is only compounding his other health problems.

He has multiple conditions, and one condition makes him too ill to survive the surgery that could help another condition. He has lost all hope of recovery. From talking to the doctors just last week, we do not expect my dad to be here for next season. 

Just getting dressed on Monday to come to the game he will feel like he has run a marathon, but he will be at his favourite place in the world on Monday afternoon. Hearing his name sung by the Wednesday faithful I know will give him the inspiration to fight on, and I hope it will restore the pride he has recently lost in himself. 

I am overwhelmed by all those of you amazing people supporting my dad. And I know he will be too, hopefully we may meet some of you Monday. * If it’s before 3:12, He still doesn't know and this remains a surprise!

I cannot thank the admin enough for pinning this post and for sharing it all over FB and twitter, you guys are absolute diamonds. I will be a wreck Monday I'm already crying tears of joy just at all the support.

Meghinio, I have stated before when the Massive rally in support of a fellow Wednesdayite, we are one big family. One Wedesdayites pain is felt by thousands. Hope you and your Dad enjoy the occasion. Hillsborough will not let you down and neither will the faithful spread worldwide. 3 points will be just the icing on the cake. 

On a lighter note, i can remember the first time i met up with johnny, he was the ref in a local Nuneaton sunday league match in which my lad was playing and unbe-known to me he had clocked my son turning up in his Wednesday shirt, fast forward to the second half where my son in an effort to stop a certain goal "took out" the goalbound striker, crashing him to the ground well inside the box. my son was ready to walk as the ball ran away in to touch behind the goal, the ref ( johnny) pointed for a goal kick and as he ran past my son whispered "that was close lad" and then added "WAWAW". Top bloke, sing your hearts out for him cos i will be.

Guest meghinio

On a lighter note, i can remember the first time i met up with johnny, he was the ref in a local Nuneaton sunday league match in which my lad was playing and unbe-known to me he had clocked my son turning up in his Wednesday shirt, fast forward to the second half where my son in an effort to stop a certain goal "took out" the goalbound striker, crashing him to the ground well inside the box. my son was ready to walk as the ball ran away in to touch behind the goal, the ref ( johnny) pointed for a goal kick and as he ran past my son whispered "that was close lad" and then added "WAWAW". Top bloke, sing your hearts out for him cos i will be.

Please don't let the fact he was a referee put you off folks, he is still a nice guy under the black shirt :)

Times like this I'm so god damn proud to be a Wednesday fan. This is a special club.

I've seen Liam Palmer tweeting about it to spread the message, re-tweeted by the academy lads & Maghoma I think.

I love this club.

I'll be singing on Monday, I hope we make the day special for him! People at the back of the Kop and the North though will be the most important in getting this going though. Someone needs to set an alarm on their phone for 11 minutes past 3 to act as a reminder....would be a shame for people to forget. 

There's only one Johnny Eales!

Edited by FlyingOwl