Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

I must be the only one who thinks that Maguire is a better player thrn both of them...

Maguire is a good player for us, and proved his quality after gray gave him a chance unlike DJ

but still he isn't a quality proven player at this level like Burke, who has done it for years. Even in a struggling Birmingham side.

Burke would add a lot of quality and creativity into our midfield and he's better than what we've got in midfield atm.

Maguire is a good player for us, and proved his quality after gray gave him a chance unlike DJ

but still he isn't a quality proven player at this level like Burke, who has done it for years. Even in a struggling Birmingham side.

Burke would add a lot of quality and creativity into our midfield and he's better than what we've got in midfield atm.

Reyt

Burke is getting on and after a couple of games would probably turn into this years gary teale. If we sign him I will give him a chance like every signing, but don't get the desperate need to sign him, treacy and eagles like some on here.

We need a box to box midfielder and 3 centre backs in my opinion, before another winger. Oh and someone to score some goals.

Edited by whatdial

Maguire is better than Burke , massive player for us and capable of 15 goals next year Edited by S6owl_1867

Maguire is better than Burke , MASSIVE player for us and capable of 15 goals next year

No he isn't anywhere near as good as Burke. Take your rose tinted glasses off for a minute.

Maguire did great for us last season but Burke has been doing it a lot longer at this level than just one season.

A player of Burke's quality, creativity and experience would improve our midfield a lot.

I think burke would do well for us, hed offer more consistenc and dedication than treacy or eagles. I can't believe those on here turning their noses up at ben marshall either

Aye, they need to be more realistic. The likes of Burke, Treacy, Fox, Lita and Eagles are some of the best free agents currently available that we could realistically get.

Yet, because we've been taken over some people think we're going to get Ronaldo, Messi or Aguero or someone like that, lol

A player of Burke's quality and experience at this level would improve our side a lot.

If possible I'd like us to look at bringing in some quality young PL loanees again.

Everton by the sounds have got some quality youngsters who've been out on loan at this level and lower recently.

The likes of Luke Garbutt, John Lundstram and Chris Long who went out on loan to Championship and League 1 clubs last season would be decent loan signings.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/12/can-everton-produce-the-next-wayne-rooney-or-ross-barkley-under-roberto-martinez-heres-a-look-at-evertons-top-youngsters-4795677/

There are also some decent youngsters at numerous other PL clubs and we could bring in some much needed quality that way.

Also the free market as got some decent experienced players available that would strengthen us too, such as Burke, Eagles, Fox and Lita, etc 

I'd rather have Maguire too improving and burkes getting on abit now ain't he

No-one's saying having Burke over Maguire. 

They could both play in the same team.

Maguire along with Lee were are best midfielders last season.

But to become a decent top half side from a poor bottom half side we need to strengthen.

Burke can play across the midfield and he's a tidy, experienced and quality player at this level, proven over years.

For a free, he's one of the best free signings we could bring in at this level and he'd improve the side.

Him, Lee, Maguire would be good together and would create plenty of chances and contribute goals, with the likes of Hutchison and Semedo or someone else acting as enforcers.