FAO Justvisiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The CPS don't deliver verdicts. They merely make judgments as to whether there is sufficient evidence to proceed with a case. I though that is what happened in Mandaric's case and then a jury found him not guilty.

ok pedant, but the point remains, a competent cps would have got a conviction. Edited by CrosbyKitchens

Guest AbbeyOwl

ok pedant, but the point remains, a competent cps would have got a conviction.

Of course they wouldn't the CPS present a case, Barristers argue its merits and Jury's consider the evidence and deliver a verdict, what you are saying is totally incorrect and actually wrong to say.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Really, If you can find that post I'd be interested to read it.

I may go back to try to find it but there again.......

So if Leeds are wound up as you like speaking to us so much with you become an Owl?? lol

For all the rivalry, not many supporters of a club, would wish to see another go out of business.

(Although in QPR's case at the moment, they probably deserve to.),

It is on the existance of such, that rivalry is based.

And may it continue.

Fully agree mate, I remember the day when nick parker came out of court when we were on the brink, I was pooing it and wouldn't any fan to lose their club.

Also gives me some great banter at work, with us all being in the same league.

( in saying that I will still shout scum at the ground every time I drive past it )

I don't recall Leeds fans being overly sympathetic when we were on the brink so **** em.

And how they all laughed when that tugger attacked Kirkland. Never showed any remorse afterwards did they along with that nobody MP John Mann trying to blame Wednesday for the actions of their idiot fans (yes Mr Mann you try being a steward on minimum wage stopping yobs from invading the pitch you could have a pointless demonstration outside Worksop town hall). Yes all teams have the idiots but they have more than anybody and they seem to have a need for rivalry with teams that goes beyond banter. So if they go bust I wont shed any tears.

I don't recall Leeds fans being overly sympathetic when we were on the brink so **** em.

they probably weren't, I don't think the vast majority most LUFC fans were remotely interested in SWFC's financial problems.

Judging by the number of posts on this thread, it would appear the obsession is a little one sided.

Should this be in the non Sheffield Wednesday section by now.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

they probably weren't, I don't think the vast majority most LUFC fans were remotely interested in SWFC's financial problems.

Judging by the number of posts on this thread, it would appear the obsession is a little one sided.

You should have cared a little more, what with us being older and more successful.

No obsession, we just like a laugh now and then.

On most occasions we know that a club is being ruined and have sympathy for it's long suffering fans.

I'm just kinda happy that Ken Bates, GFH and Mr Cellino were all re-directed up the M1 from Hillsborough.

We have our turgid little struggles, but for sheer scale our financial affairs seem pretty small beer alongside the gargantuan amounts in question at say Blackburn, QPR and yourselves, yet ironically we could have gone bust for less than the price of a Premier League centre forward.

When you see what's going on up and down the country, being a middling championship outfit is the best place to be if you want to sleep at night! 

Most supporters of most teams are pretty decent people who have just made a bad decision at a critical time in their life, so I don't want them to suffer the loss of their team or to go through what we did three years ago.

But some teams have more than their fair share of arrogant moronic tw*ts (e.g. Liverpool and Leeds) for who I would have no sympathy if their club went under.

There are many posts on Owlstalk about needing a big club to go under before anything changes in the way clubs are run. I don't see it happening to the scousers, so I would be quite pleased for it to happen at Leeds. Unfortunately, Leeds are no longer a big club, so it might not have the desired effect.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Is the irony of this lost on you? You are posting on Owlstalk and we are obsessed with you. I will say it now, I hope Leeds are wound up and their fans follow a Sport more akin to their personality's something like Badger Baiting or wee wee tail Fighting. Why dont you go to your Bulletin Boards and discuss your rivalry with Man Utd if you want to talk about something that is totally one sided. I look forward to all the hand wringing on Look Leeds as you teter on the edge in the coming weeks and months.