FAO Justvisiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Not even gone on sale for them yet have they?

Nope but they are getting cash in advance against them.

Don't think the FL league come out of this with any credit either.

How did GFHC pass the FPP test in the first place, One of the requirements was proving you had sufficient funds in place to finance the club.

It been quite clear they had'nt a pot to pee in and as such stopped funding us last October.

I feel a huge precident has been set today and any future new owners of all clubs are going to have to be squeeky clean.

Effectively, Cellino's been rejected because of £300k tax evasion charge on a yacht, in an Italian court.

How did GFHC pass the FPP test in the first place, One of the requirements was proving you had sufficient funds in place to finance the club.

It been quite clear they had'nt a pot to pee in and as such stopped funding us last October.

I feel a huge precident has been set today and any future new owners of all clubs are going to have to be squeeky clean.

Effectively, Cellino's been rejected because of £300k tax evasion charge on a yacht, in an Italian court.

Yea cos thats his only ever offence mate?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Short term it's about seeing the season out, they need to get Farnans consortium to the table with GFH to sort out the longer term, I have heard a little rumour that Cortese is looking on with interest, however Bates holds a vested interest.

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

JV mate, not here to gloat or take the wee wee, just wanted to know what is the general thought of Leeds fans, what do you see happening, ones at work today in Otley seemed pretty down about it all.

I'm going to be really honest.

I'm getting past caring, the clubs seen as just a huge cash cow to tin pot owners desperate to squeeze the life out of club.

If any accountant can explain how, from last published accounts, when the wages are only 53% of turnover, where over £15m of "operating expenses" goes, I'd be happy to chat about it.

Scratch that, I think I know the answer.

Its the only one the FL league were interested in, otherwise his application would have thrown out weeks ago.

Contracts were exchanged and paperwork to the FL seven weeks ago.

Does that mean that the Fpp act was taken 7 weeks ago tho?...He's already sacked the manager and had to reinstate him in that time, so you would think that was because his ownership criteria were still in question wouldn't you?

Or in layman's language 10 years wages for the every normal guy in the street or a week for Wayne Rooney.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I'm getting past caring, the clubs seen as just a huge cash cow to tin pot owners desperate to squeeze the life out of club.

If any accountant can explain how, from last published accounts, when the wages are only 53% of turnover, where over £15m of "operating expenses" goes, I'd be happy to chat about it.

Have the 2013 accounts been released yet?

The wages/turnover ratio was 57% on the 2012 per this http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2013/1/7/leeds-united-financial-analysis-update.html

Consortia don't do anything for love. :wacko:

Does that mean that the Fpp act was taken 7 weeks ago tho?...He's already sacked the manager and had to reinstate him in that time, so you would think that was because his ownership criteria were still in question wouldn't you?

No, the FL knew about the upcoming tax court case and delayed a decision until a conviction was proved in Italy.

People ITK suggest it wasn't Cellino who sacked McDermott, it was GFHC ( I agreed with the decision btw) and that Cellino had him reinstated and sacked the CEO who did it.